Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ly Ben Stokes (29), Joe Root (27), Stuart Broad (13) and Moeen Ali (12) making it into double figures.Hales added: It was a very

in Unsere Regeln 01.06.2018 13:36
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

TORONTO -- The question, which doesnt yet have an answer, is what a successful World Cup of Hockey means in the Olympic equation.On the eve of this tournament dropping the puck here in this hockey-mad country, one ponders: If the event ends up being a smashing hit, will that lead NHL owners to believe theyve found their new, best-on-best vehicle? After all, NHL owners have never been that enamored with shutting down their season in mid-February for an Olympic tournament they make no money from.To which Alex Ovechkin on Thursday reminded the hockey world that nothing replaces the Olympics, no matter how much fun and entertaining the World Cup of Hockey might be.I asked the Washington Capitals superstar if, as in the lead-up to the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, when he threatened to play even if the NHL didnt participate, he felt the same way about the South Korea Olympics in 2018.My decision is the same, he responded. So I dont know whats going to happen right now, but we just have to wait [for] what they say and well see. ...Its a situation where you dont know whats going to happen, he added. But obviously, I said Im going to play.Ovechkin doesnt speak for all NHL players; in fact, I think theres a wide range of thoughts and beliefs about how the league should proceed.First and foremost, though, its foolish to think that the level of success of this World Cup isnt related in any fashion to the Olympic discussion. It has to be, regardless of the decision. Theyre tied to each other in some fashion.Yeah, definitely, agreed Team Canada captain Sidney Crosby. This will be something that people are going to compare, that players are going to relate to when youre talking about making a decision like that. Theres so many factors: the timing of it, where the Olympics are, but the fact is, if theres an ability to put on an event like this, its an option and it probably makes the decision harder, especially if people enjoy it. You can only do so many things and you want to be involved in everything, but at the end of the day, this looks like its going to be a great event -- I havent been able to be part of it before. ... Ive had great experiences in the Olympics; well have to see what happens.Its all a moot point if the International Olympic Committee doesnt change its tune when it comes to paying for players insurance and travel costs, something the IOC has always done dating back to Nagano 1998.Still, I think the Olympic question goes beyond that. Vancouver 2010 and Sochi 2014 were held in countries rich in hockey history. Will players care as much about wanting to travel across the world to nonhockey countries?Depends on whom you ask.One hundred percent, young Canadian phenom Connor McDavid said Thursday, without hesitation, when asked about wanting the NHL to stay in the Olympics. For some of the guys that have been there, the answer might be a little bit different, but for us young guys that have never had an opportunity to play and win an Olympics, I think it would be something a little bit different. For me, personally, Ive always dreamt of playing in the Olympics and representing my country there. The World Cup is awesome and all that, and its similar in that kind of sense. But do I hope it takes over the Olympics? Not at all. I definitely want the Olympics to be an option for NHL guys.Two-time Team USA Olympian Patrick Kane doesnt want the World Cup to be a replacement for the Olympics; rather, he wants the World Cup to be an important add-on to the best-on-best competitions.I dont know if you want to think of it as a substitution; for me, I look at it as having the chance to play for your country every two years at such a high level, said the Chicago Blackhawks star, last seasons Hart Trophy winner as NHL MVP. Hopefully, its something thats put in there along with the Olympics.Echoed Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask of Finland: I dont think you can ever replace the Olympics, but if you can add to it, and keep them both in the picture, I think that would be a great thing.Besides, Rask said, the opportunity to sell the game in a new market like South Korea could be of great benefit.I think it would be a great thing for hockey to go there and kind of showcase for Asian people, show what hockey is all about, said Rask. I think Olympics are great. If we have a chance to go, I think we should go.Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price knows where his vote lies.The Olympics are a special event, and I really enjoyed my experience going to Sochi and being able to experience that world event, he said. It was really special for me and family to be able to go and take that in. It would be kind of sad to not be able to do that again.Perhaps, in the end, what a successful World Cup of Hockey truly means for the NHL and the NHLPA is enhanced leverage in talks with the IOC.As in: Weve got our own great tournament now, so if you dont play ball, were gone.First, however, this tournament has to be a hit.Were about to find out. Nike Air Max 270 Kaufen .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Kaufen Air Max 97 KPU TPU Herren Schwarz/Gold Schweiz . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. http://www.airmax270schweiz.com/kaufen-air-max-97-herren-silber-grau-rot-schweiz.html . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. Kaufen Air Max 97 Ultra17 Rosa Blush Herren Rosa/Light Rosa/Silber-/Cream weiß Schweiz .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. Nike Air Max 2019 Schwarz . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in.Eoin Morgan believes a lack of experience cost England as South Africa clinched the one-day international series 3-2 with a five-wicket victory at Newlands. South Africa captain AB de Villiers hit an unbeaten century as the hosts successfully chased down the 237-run target with relative ease to complete a sensational series comeback. The Proteas are now one of only two teams ever to have recovered from 2-0 down to win a five -match series, Bangladesh achieving the feat against Pakistan in 2005. Despite admitting his side had been outplayed, Morgan is confident Englands emerging stars will learn from the experience. AB de Villiers hit an unbeaten 101 on his 200th test for South Africa Morgan told Sky Sports: I dont think we did enough. We were outplayed here today. We did have chances in previous games to wrap up the series, but we werent good enough.The opportunities would have been executed if we had more experience in the side, but were growing and learning. Eoin Morgan admitted England had been outplayed We pushed them so hard even though we underperformed. We started with the ball exceptionally well, but it just wasnt enough.Alex Hales was Englands top scorer, notching an impressive 112, but the tourists were made to pay for some poor batting as Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir and David Wiese took three wickets apiece. Morgan believes England need to learn from the defeat Hales aside, England were underwhelming at the crease, with only Ben Stokes (29), Joe Root (27), Stuart Broad (13) and Moeen Ali (12) making it into double figures.Hales added: It was a very close series throughou. We probably let ourselves down with the bat in the last couple of games; we were 40 or 50 short on both occasions.Weve got a really exciting side, weve come on a lot since the World Cup last year, weve played some exciting cricket against some top opposition and were still learning as a squad and weeve lost to a really tough South Africa side here.dddddddddddd England head coach Trevor Bayliss praised Alex Hales batting Reece Topley (three for 41) took two wickets in two balls to briefly revive England hopes, but South Africa were guided by the brilliance of De Villiers, who finished on 101 from 97 balls to seal his 24th ODI century.The foundations were laid by a century stand between De Villiers and Hashim Amla (59), while Wiese (41 not out) also followed up his impressive showing with the ball to finish off the chase with back-to-back boundaries.De Villiers said: Ive been a little bit off my game for the past month so its nice to finish like that in the ODI series and lead from the front. South Africa captain AB de Villiers was the hero of the day Its an integral part of being a captain to lead from the front; you cant just chip in with tiny performances. It was a great team performance and Im really happy to finish like that.I didnt think we were far off in the first two ODIs. The belief was still there; we just had to find that bit of confidence and things turned around. Also See: South Africa win series decider WATCH: Story of the Fifth ODI England Women earn 2-1 win Cricket on Sky Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen