Image and video hosting by TinyPic

g its way into the first World Series

in
Über uns
05.06.2018 14:13
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting believes the size and weight of bats used in Test cricket should be regulated to ensure a greater balance between bat and ball.At present, crickets laws only limit the length and width of bats, not the depth or weight. That has led to the development of bats made from lighter material but with extremely thick edges, such as the Gray-Nicolls Kaboom bats used by David Warner.Speaking at a recent Australian Cricket Society function, Ponting said he had no problem with such bats being used in the shorter forms of the game but believed they should be banned from Test cricket. The main issue, Ponting argued, was the lightweight materials used, and he said that players should not be prevented from using big bats as long as they were also heavy.I dont know how they are doing it to make the size of bats they are making now, Ponting said. The modern day bats and weight in particular -- its just a completely different game. Full credit to them. If they are there use them, if theres a better golf club or tennis racquet everyone will use it. Its nothing against the players.If you are strong enough to use them thats fine, but you should not get a bat thats bigger in size than [MS] Dhonis but a whole lot lighter. Chris Gayles the same. Everyone talks about Chris Gayles bat size, but its 3? lbs. Hes big enough and strong enough to use it. I only get worried when they are really big and really light.Ponting will be at the next meeting of the MCCs World Cricket Committee at Lords early next week, and he said bat size and weight would be one of the topics discussed.I think it will happen, he said. I am going in a couple of weeks for a World Cricket Committee meeting and that will be one of the topics talked about. I dont mind it for the shorter versions of the game.I would actually say youve got a bat you can use in Test cricket and a certain type of bat you can use in one-day cricket and T20 cricket. The short forms of the game survive on boundaries - fours and sixes - whereas the Test game is being dominated too much now by batters because the game is a bit easier for them than it was. Packers Jerseys Store . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Hunter Bradley Jersey . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. http://www.authenticpackersshopnfl.com/ . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Packers Official Jerseys . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Kendall Donnerson Jersey . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. Cubs enlist star powerActor and famed Cubs fan Bill Murray sang Take Me Out to the Ballgame during the seventh-inning stretch of Game 3 on Friday night. And Cubs legend Billy Williams, who played 16 seasons with the team and won NL Rookie of the Year honors in 1961, threw out the first pitch. But Chicago failed to push a run across in a 1-0 loss to Cleveland.On the field before Game 3, Smashing Pumpkins singer and noted Cubs fan Billy Corgan said he is an anti-celeb Cubs fan because too many celebrities show up only for the postseason. -- Dan MullenWhen there was still hope ...Cubs reliever Justin Grimm came on with the bases loaded and one out in the fifth inning, and got a double-play to preserve the scoreless game, delighting Cubs fans.Drawing a crowd at Wrigley ... literallySketch artist Mark McMahon sat across from the entrance to Wrigley Field, drawing a depiction of the crowd making its way into the first World Series ggame at the venue in 71 years.ddddddddddddSpeaking of crowds ...Indians fans were out in force for Game 3, too.And theyll do it again on Saturday night.Wrigleyville bars charge big bucksFor fans who couldnt score the most expensive ticket in MLB history, the vibrant bar scene around Wrigley Field was an option -- but in many cases, those options werent cheap either.A twice-in-a-lifetime experienceFor most Cubs fans, Friday night marked the first time they saw their team play at home in the World Series. That wasnt the case for Jim Mowery. The 83-year-old was at the last two games of the 1945 World Series and was in the building Friday night. He brought his ticket stub from Game 6 (face value: $6), which was the last World Series game the Cubs won prior to Game 2 of this years series. --Darren Rovell Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen