Image and video hosting by TinyPic

but also against his former Aust

in
Über uns
06.06.2018 15:19
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Monday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. A full Olympic Digest will be sent. All times EDT:- RIO DE JANEIRO -- American Allyson Felix thought she might win two individual medals at the Olympics. Instead, shed happily settle for one. Her chance comes Monday night in the 400-meter final. Race starts 9:45 p.m.- RIO DE JANEIRO -- Mark Cavendish, the winner of 30 stages in the Tour de France, tries to capture the Olympic medal that has long eluded him when he returns to the Rio velodrome for the omnium. Reigning gold medalist Lasse Norman Hansen of Denmark leads the six-discipline event at the midway point. Medal event starts 4:30 p.m.- RIO DE JANEIRO -- Russian world champion Evgeny Tishchenko and Kazakh bruiser Vassiliy Levit fight for the Olympic heavyweight gold medal. Fight starts 6:15 p.m.- RIO DE JANEIRO -- The U.S. womens field hockey team seeks a slot in the quarterfinals, but Germany is blocking the path. The Americans went 4-1 in pool play and are confident in the quest for their first medal since 1984. Game starts 11:30 a.m.- RIO DE JANEIRO -- The U.S. mens volleyball team tries to keep its quarterfinal hopes alive with a must-win match against Mexico in the fifth and final match of pool play at the Rio Olympics. Match started 10:35 a.m.- RIO DE JANEIRO -- The undefeated United States looks to advance to the semifinals of the Olympic womens water polo tournament with a victory over Brazil. Australia takes on Hungary, Russia faces Spain and Italy meets China in the other quarterfinals. US-Brazil game starts 1:10 p.m.- RIO DE JANEIRO -- Cuban heavyweight Mijian Lopez will wrestle for his third Olympic title. But Lopez will likely have to get through Turkish strongman Riza Kayaalp to win gold. Finals start 3 p.m.- SAN FRANCISCO -- Newly acquired Matt Moore will make his home debut for San Francisco, taking on the Pirates. The lefty is 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA in two starts since the Giants got him from Tampa Bay. San Francisco hosts former starter Ryan Vogelsong and the Pittsburgh Pirates. Game starts 10:15 p.m.- PHOENIX -- Fresh off a 16-2 thumping at the hands of Boston, Arizona returns home to face the New York Mets. Its the opener of a 10-game road trip for the Mets, who were swept by the lowly Diamondbacks in three games last week in New York. Bartolo Colon goes for his first win against Arizona. Game starts 9:40 p.m.- By the 1950s, college footballs balance of power had drifted away from the elite eastern schools and into the Midwest, where Bud Wilkinsons Oklahoma dynasty dominated the polls and set a record winning streak that still stands. Eds: Part of a series.- Various stories from NFL training camps.- UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio -- The USGA tries again to play the final round of the U.S. Senior Open Championship after it was rained out Sunday. Miguel Angel Jimenez holds a 1-stroke lead over Gene Sauers. Womens Penguins Stanley Cup Jerseys . On Mar. 16, coming off a "fight of the year" performance at UFC 154 the previous November, St-Pierre faced Nick Diaz at UFC 158 in what would be his eighth defence of the welterweight title. Using his superior athleticism, St-Pierre cruised to a five round, unanimous decision victory setting up a much-anticipated title defence against number one contender Johny Hendricks. Penguins Stanley Cup Jerseys 2018 . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. http://www.cheappenguinsjerseys.us/ . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Jerseys . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Cheap Adidas Penguins Jerseys .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. Twenty-five years ago, Usman Khawaja left Pakistan as a little boy with his family, set for a new life in Australia. He has played 20 Test matches in the baggy green, and is about to play his first against the country of his birth. That match will take place at the Gabba, his adopted home ground. But despite being Queenslands state captain, Khawaja was still at the centre of an awkward moment on Tuesday.Funnily enough I was waiting downstairs and I needed the change room locker to be opened for us and I was just waiting and the Queensland Cricket lady came down, Khawaja said at the Gabba. She was like Oh, you need the locker rooms open? I went yes please and she started walking to the Pakistani change room. I was like, No, Im that way, thank you.His Pakistani background remains important to Khawaja, although he remembers only glimpses of his early life in Islamabad. He has not been back to visit relatives in Pakistan since 2008, and has had few dealings with the Pakistan cricket team, having played against them only in a solitary Twenty20 international during this years World T20 in India.Asked whether playing his first Test against Pakistan would be a significant moment, Khawaja said he had not considered the matter in that way, but he said it might be a big moment for his parents, Tariq and Fozia.They grew up in Pakistan and were there for a long time, Khawaja said. Obviously I was born there, so its a very close part of me. It still is a very big part of me... culture is very important, as is religion. My parents are Australian but theyre also very Pakistani. If I broke it down, the way I act and what I do, is very Australian, but there are always parts of me [that are Pakistani] - when I talk to my parents I still at times try to speak Urdu here and there. Its not as good as theirs but they can understand whats going on. It is a big part of my life when Im with my parents or around my parents, but other than that its usually quitee normal.dddddddddddd.My parents are truly Australian now. They dont support Pakistan at all. They havent for a long time. They were there for 30 years but now they just want me to do well and want Australia to win every single time no matter who were playing. There is no allegiance conflict at all.Khawaja was four-and-a-half years old when the family moved to Sydney, and his life quickly became that of any young Australian. There was never any doubt over which country held Khawajas cricket future, and in 2011 he became the first Pakistan-born cricketer to win a baggy green.Ive had glimpses of memories from before I left, he said. I was born in Islamabad. So I have glimpses of memories of our old place and whatnot, but nothing too circumstantial. Most of my childhood memories revolve around being in Australia, being in Sydney.The Pakistan series will not only pit Khawaja against the country of his birth, but also against his former Australia coach Mickey Arthur, who is now in charge of Pakistans side. Khawaja was one of the four players suspended during the homework saga in India in 2013, which was a key moment in the eventual downfall of Arthur as Australias coach.Im not spiteful or vengeful in that sort of respect, Khawaja said. Mickey is a very good guy. He was very nice... every time we were around [each other] he was very helpful. It was such a long time ago. It was tough at the time but I was playing the next Test series anyway, so it didnt really mean too much. I played the next Test series [in England] and didnt play that well and then got dropped, so that wasnt anyone elses fault than myself.Im not the kind of guy who holds onto grudges. If I get into a fight or get angry with someone Im over it like that. Usually, anyway. Im sure if I see Mickey there would be no issues. Everything would be good. Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen