Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ity in her life that no judo match can compare to what she

in
Über uns
09.06.2018 15:57
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Three weeks in, and we are down to 38 undefeated FBS teams and only eight winless teams. That scale dividing all and nothing at all is never balanced, a tribute to the ability of programs to schedule nonconference opponents that a team should beat. It doesnt always happen that way, which is why Iowa, among many others, is no longer undefeated. But it does make you scratch your head when Oklahoma and Notre Dame have two losses and Army and Wake Forest have none. I know, I know: Strength of schedule isnt reflected in Ws and Ls. We keep hearing that college football is an upscale joint, with velvet ropes separating the wannabes from the already-gots. Its good to know the sport still has room for underdogs to surprise.1. Going for two has been a part of the Oregon swagger, along with the sick unis and the fast-paced offense. Oregon usually tries it on the first score against outclassed early-season opponents, in order to make opponents spend time on it. And they used to work; in Chip Kellys four seasons at Oregon, the Ducks converted 20 of 26 two-point conversions, including twice against Auburn in the 2011 BCS Championship Game. Those points forced the Tigers to kick a field goal as time expired to win. But even before Saturdays 1-for-5 fiasco at Nebraska, the two-point strategy hasnt been as effective under Mark Helfrich. Before Saturday, Oregon had converted only 9 of 23 two-point conversions in Helfrichs four seasons.2. ?Louisville dropped 11 passes at Syracuse on Sept. 9 but didnt have that issue Saturday when the Cardinals embarrassed Florida State 63-20. Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino said his receivers worked hard on words and blanks, a technique to make sure the ball is secure. When you catch the ball, Petrino said, look it all the way to the tuck, and then I can see whether there are any words looking at me or the ball is blank. So its a great way to teach our guys to focus and concentrate.3. No. 1 Alabama is becoming known for nonoffensive touchdowns. The Crimson Tide have five such scores this season, including three that had a decisive impact on emotions and the scoreboard in Saturdays 48-43 comeback victory at No. 23 Ole Miss. That adds up to 15 return touchdowns since the beginning of last season: seven interception returns, five punt returns, one kickoff return, one blocked punt and DaRon Paynes?3-yard fumble return in Oxford. Senior strong safety Eddie Jackson has four of them -- three pick-sixes last season and the 85-yard punt return just before the half Saturday that cut the Rebels lead to a touchdown.4. Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder got his 194th career win Saturday when the Wildcats defeated Florida Atlantic 63-7, their biggest margin of victory under Snyder since a 64-0 defeat of Kansas in 2002. Thats the good news. The not-so-good news? Remember that week four years ago when Kansas State reached No. 1, only to get rocked 52-24 at Baylor? Since that brief ascendancy, Kansas State has lost 14 of 17 games against ranked opponents, including the last eight. Thats something to think about as K-State approaches consecutive games against Oklahoma and Texas next month.5. Why College Football is More Interesting Than the NFL, cont.: Compare the two games played almost simultaneously an hour apart in the Bay Area on Saturday night. Stanford made USC play at its grind-it-out pace. Each team had 10 possessions. They combined for 123 plays. They finished in three hours and three minutes. Meanwhile, Texas and California both spread the field. The Golden Bears had 16 possessions, the Longhorns, 15. They combined for 170 snaps. They finished in three hours and 56 minutes. Old school vs. new school, power vs. quickness. I guess the fan who breaks down his experience by data would vote for seeing 47 more plays for the same buck. Me? Ill take the three-hour game every Saturday.6. And then theres Clemsons 59-0 victory over FCS opponent South Carolina State, a game that cheated everyone. Who benefits when the game is so lopsided that the opposing coaches agree to shorten the second half to 12-minute quarters? Clemson fans wait all year for seven home games, and then one of them gets shortened because the athletic department couldnt find a suitable opponent. Lets hope Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich is suitably embarrassed by that paycheck game (Clemson paid out $300,000). I understand that FCS athletic programs need funds and that Clemson supported another public institution in the state. Thats probably why the Tigers will play The Citadel, Furman and Wofford, respectively, in the next three seasons. Those games wont be farces. This one was.7. Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren was not happy with himself that he waited so late to use the three-tight-end power formation in the opener against Kansas State. The Cardinal lined up in that set late in the fourth quarter of the opener, and Christian McCaffrey busted through the line for a 41-yard touchdown. On Saturday against the Trojans, McCaffrey ran out of that set nine times for 68 yards, including a 33-yard gain to the USC 5 late in the first half to set up the second Cardinal touchdown in the 27-10 victory. Brian ONeill Jersey . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Vikings Jerseys Shop . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. http://www.cheapminnesotavikingsjerseys.com/ . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. Wholesale Vikings Jerseys . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Daniel Carlson Jersey . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Kayla Harrisons mother, Jeannie Yazell, stood outside the judo arena early Thursday evening, beaming with pride and joy after watching her daughter earn a second Olympic gold medal in the sport. Yazell also wore a T-shirt bearing Harrisons image and the word FEARLESS in capital letters.Being fearless is an important thing for Harrison, not just on the mat but everywhere. Especially after all she has been through.Our family is extremely competitive, even playing a game of Uno, Yazell said. She is extremely competitive. Her fearlessness comes from every adversity that she has been through -- and she has been through so much adversity that no one can break her. These girls are tough, but there wasnt anything that could break her mentally coming into these Games.Or during the Games, either.Harrison won her second gold medal Thursday, beating Frances Audrey Tcheumeo in the 78-kilogram division final. Harrison cried four years ago in London after becoming the first American -- female or male -- to win Olympic gold in judo, but she was all smiles this time.The first time I won gold I cried because I couldnt believe it. I couldnt believe I was Olympic champion, the first ever for the United States, she said. And this time around I was a woman on a mission. I wanted to retain my title. I knew it was going to be a long hard road, and I am happy. There will be no sad tears from me for a long, long time.Harrison has had many times to cry in her life. Not only did her father die a few years ago, but she was sexually abused by her judo coach for several years from at least age 12 (the coach was sentenced to 10 years in prison). Because of that abuse, Yazell said, Harrison was moved from the family home in Ohio to Massachusetts to help her get away from that horror.Once there, she began working with two highly respected coaches, Jim Pedro and his son Jimmy, who is a two-time Olympic bronze medalist in judo.dddddddddddd They helped make her the champion she is today.Shes a young lady that has overcome such adversity in her life that no judo match can compare to what shes been through, Jimmy Pedro said. As an athlete, she always gives 100 percent and does everything thats expected of her. She listens, she adapts, she can follow a game plan. She never skips a workout. She is as dedicated as they come, and she is as tough as any athlete Ive ever been with.With two gold medals, Harrison says she will retire from competition -- What else is there for me to do in judo? -- and try to grow the sport. More importantly, she also will focus more on helping sexually abused children and adults to cope with the trauma. After the London Olympics, she started the Fearless Foundation for that purpose.I set up the foundation to try and help survivors of sexual abuse through education, through sports, she said. There is a lot of stuff going on, and its just in its infancy. Being a two-time Olympic champion is an amazing thing, but the Fearless Foundation isnt about me; its about helping people who need help. And essentially being to someone else what the Pedros were to me. They saved my life and changed my life.They also taught her to not be afraid, despite all she had experienced.When I talk to them, they tell me, Kayla Harrison, be fearless. Unleash, and you will be Olympic champion, she said. And I want young boys and young girls to feel fearless and to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and there is a shining gold medal.Maybe even two. Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen