Image and video hosting by TinyPic

VANCOUVER - Dave Dickenson is thankful the Canadian Football Hall of Fame considers quality over quantity. [url=http://www.belgi

in
Häuser
14.06.2018 09:57
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

VANCOUVER - Dave Dickenson is thankful the Canadian Football Hall of Fame considers quality over quantity. Kevin De Bruyne Belgium Jersey . Dickenson was among seven individuals named for induction in Canadas football shrine Friday night. Joining Dickenson in the players category are Leroy Blugh, Eddie Davis and Gene Makowsky while Montreal Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall, former CFL player, coach and GM Bob OBillovich and longtime amateur football coach and administrator Larry Reda will go as builders. Dickenson, 41, spent 10 seasons as a quarterback with the Calgary Stampeders and B.C. Lions. In 143 career games, the native of Great Falls, Mont., completed 67.5 per cent of his passes for 22,913 yards with 154 TDs and 50 interceptions. Dickenson is the second-most accurate passer in CFL history behind Ricky Ray of the Toronto Argonauts (67.6 per cent). Dickenson was the CFLs outstanding player in 2000 and won two Grey Cups, earning game MVP honours in 06 with B.C. Dickenson was hampered by injuries throughout his career, something hes glad voters didnt hold against him. Im very appreciative, Dickenson said. More than anything I was just happy the voters decided to vote on quality over quantity. Theres certainly an argument out there both ways but I felt when I did play I was with the best in the game. The date and location of the 15 induction ceremony wasnt immediately available. The new inductees will boost the Hall of Fames membership to 278. Dickenson, currently Calgarys offensive co-ordinator, is preparing to face the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the Grey Cup game Sunday at B.C. Place Stadium. While the timing of his induction isnt exactly ideal, it doesnt diminish the significance of the honour in Dickensons mind. Its important to me, he said. Every one of us wants to leave a mark, or at least I do. You want to do good things not only for yourself but you want to make sure youre remembered in a positive way. The validation of a Hall of Fame (nomination) is people respected what you did and respected how you played and obviously you played well enough to get into that super elite club. Im very happy about it, they cant take it away from me. I know a lot of the history and believe in this type of stuff. Ive been to the Hall of Fame in Hamilton multiple times. To me, its a pretty big accomplishment. When players go into baseballs Hall of Fame, they must choose which teams cap theyll wear during their induction ceremony. Dickenson is thankful he wont have to decide between a Stampeders or Lions hat when he goes into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame. I had some great years in Calgary and to me a lot of great years in Vancouver, he said. It wouldve been an interesting deal if you had to put a hat on. Dickenson is especially happy to be in the same induction class as OBillovich, a fellow Montana native. I think it was time to put him in as well, Dickenson said. He was a good player, coach, general manager . . . he pretty much did it all. OBillovichs CFL career spanned five decades as a player, coach and general manager. The 74-year-old native of Butte, Mont., played five seasons as a defensive back and quarterback with the Ottawa Rough Riders from 63 to 67 before serving as an assistant coach with the squad from 76 to 81. He became the Toronto Argonauts head coach in 82 and spent eight seasons there, winning his only Grey Cup in 83. He also served as the B.C. Lions head coach/GM (90-92), returned to the Argos as head coach/GM (93-95) and also served as Hamiltons GM (08-12) before retiring. Blugh, 48, played 15 seasons in the CFL as a defensive lineman with Edmonton and Toronto. He won a Grey Cup with the Eskimos in 93 and was named the leagues top Canadian in 1996. After his playing career was over, Blugh served as the head coach at Bishops, his alma mater, from 05-10 and two seasons as an assistant at Queens. Last year he was the defensive line coach for the Ottawa Redblacks. Davis, 41, played defensive back for 15 seasons with Birmingham, Calgary and Saskatchewan. His best season was 98 when he had 77 tackles, three sacks and four interceptions for the Stampeders. A two-time Grey Cup champion, Davis was also named a CFL all-star on four occasions before retiring prior to the 2010 season. Makowsky, 41, a native of Saskatoon, spent his entire 17-year career with Saskatchewan. A five-time league all-star, Makowsky was twice the CFLs top lineman (04-05) and a finalist in 08. He appeared in a club-record 284 career regular-season contests and another 16 in the post-season before retiring after the 11 season. In 2013, Makowsky was also inducted into the Riders Plaza of Honour. Reda has been involved in minor football in B.C. for over 50 years and in 2011 received the Commissioners Award from CFL commissioner Mark Cohon. He was also honoured by the NFLs Seattle Seahawks for his longtime service. Wetenhall has owned the Alouettes since 1997 and the club has appeared in eight Grey Cup games, winning three, over that span. Wetenhall was a primary figure in the expansion and restoration of Percival Molson Stadium on the campus of McGill University and in 11 received an honourary Doctor of Laws Degree from the school, its highest honour. Yannick Carrasco Belgium Jersey . Costa Rica followed up its wins over Uruguay and Italy by holding England to a dour 0-0 draw on Tuesday, enough to finish first in Group D. Axel Witsel Belgium Jersey . He was attracted by the punishing defence, the strong running game and a coaching staff he trusted. The 49ers announced Thursday that Manningham had signed a two-year deal to join the team he helped knock out in the NFC championship game two months ago in their latest offensive upgrade at wide receiver. http://www.belgiumsoccerauthority.com/yannick-carrasco-belgium-jersey/ . MacIntyre stopped 49 shots and the Marlies defeated the Texas Stars 5-1 in Game 1 of the American Hockey Leagues Western Conference final. "I felt in control, so that was nice," MacIntyre said. OKLAHOMA CITY -- Russell Westbrook wouldnt say he wanted payback against Patrick Beverley. His play said otherwise. During last years playoffs, Beverley dived for the ball and ran into Westbrooks right knee as a timeout was being called, causing the injury that ended Westbrooks season and cost him about half of this season. In their first meeting since the incident, Westbrook had 24 points, seven assists and four steals to help the Oklahoma City Thunder defeat the Houston Rockets 106-98 on Tuesday night. Beverley finished with two points and five fouls in 25 minutes while being booed by a spirited crowd. His matchup with Westbrook highlighted a game filled with shoving, technical fouls, talking and even a flagrant foul. "Two great teams that want to win: Its that simple," Houstons James Harden, who scored 28 points, said. "When you get that anytime in the NBA, things are going to get physical." The chippiness started early. Beverley swiped the ball away from Westbrook after a timeout with 6:10 left in the first quarter. Beverley and Westbrook had to be separated, and Beverley issued a technical foul. Beverley and Westbrook got tangled up again about a minute later, but again, Westbrook kept his cool. Durant said Westbrooks ability to turn the energy into a strong performance was impressive. "He just went out there and played to win," Durant said. "Thats how Russell always plays -- with an edge, with that intensity, and tonight was no different." Beverley said he wasnt trying to get inside of Westbrooks head. "Thats how I play against everybody," he said. "No personal battles out there today. I had to go out there and fight and do what I do to try to help our team win a basketball game today." If anything, the intensity initiated by the Rockets worked against them. "I think if we just stick to what we do and do it to the best of our abilities, no matter whats going on, well be good," Harden said. "Sometimes we kind of veer off, kind of get distracted a little bit." Durant scored 42 points and Serge Ibaka had 12 points, 16 rebounds and four blocks for the Thunder, who had lost two straight. Chandler Parsons scored 19 and Dwight Howard had nine points and 10 rebounds for the Rockets. Houston had won five straight, iincluding victories over Miami, Indiana and Portland. Leander Dendoncker Jersey. Midway through the second quarter, Harden and backup Oklahoma City point guard Reggie Jackson had to be separated. Westbrook spent the rest of the second quarter dominating Beverley. Westbrook blew past him for a layup, then lost him on a screen and made a 3-pointer to put the Thunder up 49-32. Westbrook drew Beverleys third foul on a 3-point attempt with 2:50 left in the first half. Westbrook scored 11 points in the final 6:19 of the quarter to help the Thunder take a 56-41 lead at the break. Oklahoma City held Houston to 35 per cent shooting in the first half. Howard committed his third and fourth fouls in the first two minutes of the third quarter, and Beverley committed his fourth with 8:52 left in the third as the Thunder maintained control. Oklahoma City led by 18 at one point in the third quarter, but the Rockets chipped away late in the period and trailed 77-67 heading into the fourth. Houston rallied, and a 3-pointer by Francisco Garcia and a dunk by Omer Asik cut Oklahoma Citys lead to 77-72 early in the fourth. Durant answered with five straight points to put the Thunder back in control. The game remained chippy. Garcia got hit in the face by Durant, drawing a technical. Harden hit a 3-pointer with Derek Fisher in his face to trim Oklahoma Citys lead to 97-92 with 2:23 to go. Westbrook drew Beverleys fifth foul on a 3-point attempt, drawing a cheer from the crowd. Westbrook drained all three free throws to put the Thunder up 102-94 with 1:31 to play. Durant said the Thunder closed the game the right way after Houstons surge. "Stay calm," he said. "Stay cool. Try not to panic." NOTES: Thunder coach Scott Brooks said before the game that C Kendrick Perkins (left groin strain) and Thabo Sefolosha (left calf strain) are a ways from being ready to play. Perkins was hurt Feb. 20 against Miami. Sefolosha was injured Feb. 28 against Memphis. ... Durant scored 12 points in the first quarter. ... Oklahoma Citys post players combined to commit seven fouls in the first quarter. ... Howard was called for a technical foul in the second quarter after disagreeing with an offensive foul call. ... Oklahoma City centre Steven Adams was called for a flagrant 1 for making contact with Hardens head. China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys Online Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen