Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers couldnt figure out Boston knuckleballer Steven Wright, and Scott Kazmir couldnt stop the Red Sox.Just

in
Über uns
25.03.2018 09:50
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers couldnt figure out Boston knuckleballer Steven Wright, and Scott Kazmir couldnt stop the Red Sox.Justin Turner doubled in the first inning, and the Dodgers didnt get another hit until the eighth inning in a 9-0 loss to the Red Sox on Friday night.Kazmir (9-5) was roughed up for four runs and five hits by a Boston lineup that was missing slugger David Ortiz.I didnt approach it any different. I feel like I would have been in a good position if I was able to be effective with my pitches, Kazmir said. I just didnt pitch well. I was erratic. When I tried to throw inside, it was way inside. I was trying to pull it, and I just wasnt effective on the outside of the plate.Kazmir has lost two straight since a 13-start unbeaten streak.I was trying to get some outs with my cutter in and my changeup away, but as far as getting ahead of hitters, just throwing consistently quality pitches, it just wasnt there.The Dodgers have lost three of their last four games but still remain two games behind the Giants in the NL West.,Mookie Betts, Sandy Leon and Travis Shaw homered for the Red Sox. Wright, who was born in Torrance, Calif., pitched a three-hitter, striking out nine in his third complete game of the season.Wright (13-5) was greeted with a big bear hug from Ortiz after he put the finishing touches on his first career shutout.Its definitely nice to do it in a homecoming, said Wright, whose mom, dad, sister, brother and wife were in attendance. Watching Dodgers games is what I did growing up. To have an opportunity to pitch here was fun. To be able to throw my first complete-game shutout was icing on the cake.Newly acquired outfielder Josh Reddick has yet to get a hit as a Dodger. He was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.I think that they all want to make an impression, and it seems like Josh (Reddick), tonight aside, the at-bats have been very good, Dave Roberts said. Very quality, hitting the ball hard, and still getting on base. I think he wants to get that first hit as a Dodger.It was a rough day for Reddick as he got his first taste of driving in Los Angeles traffic going to the stadium from Glendale, a Los Angeles suburb.For me it took four entrances and three wrong turns to get here, but I made it, Reddick said. Ill learn eventually.Hell surely get that first hit eventually, too.The Dodgers did well in how they honored Ortiz on his farewell tour in a pregame ceremony. Legendary broadcaster Vin Scully narrated a video tribute while Ortiz stood with former teammates Nomar Garciaparra, Adrian Gonzalez and Roberts.I think any time Vin is going to tell a story, its going to be impactful and its going to be meaningful, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. To highlight David the person, not so much the player.The Dodgers presented Ortiz with a $10,000 check to his foundation, The David Ortiz Childrens Fund. Gonzalez and his wife, Betsy, matched the donation.I dont want to say we take it for granted, but Davids impact in the community and the Dominican Republic is so far-reaching, Farrell added. Hes always there to help people and through the foundation hes impacted so many lives.Ortiz is expected back in the lineup Saturday. Hell play first base.Pedroia was hit by Kazmirs pitch in the shin in the third inning and is day-to-day. X-Rays on his shin were negative.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: Ryan Hanigan was forced to leave Thursday nights game against the Mariners after taking a pitch off his left ankle. For Friday night, he was available only in the case of an emergency. Boston claimed Bryan Holaday off waivers from the Texas Rangers to solidify its catching corps.Dodgers: Ace Clayton Kershaw (back) and outfielder Trayce Thompson (lower back) will both be out until at least September. ... Bud Norris (mid-back strain) will be placed on the disabled list to make room for Ross Stripling, who will start in his place on Saturday.MINOR LEAGUE WATCHDodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has yet to report to Triple-A Oklahoma City. Roberts said he hadnt reported yet because hes still got some loose ends to tie up, but hell be there. When asked what those were, Roberts said: I dont know. Thats his business, right?UP NEXTRed Sox: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (2-4, 5.91 ERA) has a 2.63 ERA in four starts since being recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket on July 16.Dodgers: RHP Ross Stripling (2-3, 4.14 ERA) gets his first start since May 19. He had a 1.54 ERA in four appearances as a reliever since and has also made five starts and one relief appearance in Triple-A. Doug Flutie Jersey . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Camo Chargers Jerseys . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. http://www.officialchargersnflauthenticshop.com/joey-bosa-stitched-jersey/ . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. Mike Pouncey Jersey .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. Denzel Perryman Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season.Leinster will take on Ulster and Connacht will host Glasgow in the Guinness PRO12 play-offs, live on Sky Sports. Leinster claimed top spot on the Guinness PRO12 table after their 50-19 whipping of Treviso which secured them a home semi-final against Ulster at the RDS Arena on May 20.No home team has ever lost a PRO12 semi-final, but Ulster are in superb form and booked their trip to face Leinster with a 46-26 victory at Ospreys. Connacht and Glasgow Warriors will meet again at the Sportsground after Connacht won their battle 14-7 to book a home semi-final as they make the play-offs for the first time after a remarkable season.The final round of the PROO12 also secured Champions Cup places for Scarlets and Munster, while Zebres 47-22 win over Newport Gwent Dragons lifted them above Treviso to make them the highest-ranked Italian side and book their place in Europe next season.dddddddddddd.Catch the PRO12 play-offs on Sky Sports, Leinster v Ulster, Fri, May 20, 7.30pm, Sky Sports 3 and Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, Sat, May 21, 6pm, Sky Sports 1 Also See: Connacht clinch home semi-final Ulster secure play-off place Five-try Munster beat Scarlets Follow @SkySportsRugby Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen