Image and video hosting by TinyPic

t.Wieters accepted a $15.8 million qualifying

in
Über uns
14.06.2018 14:45
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

L.A. Clippers coach Doc Rivers said ?there was nothing wrong ?with people protesting Donald Trumps election victory but that they should be open to giving the president-elect the opportunity to prove himself.The election didnt go the way I wanted it to go, Rivers said after the Clippers 111-80 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. I personally know Donald Trump. Ive golfed with him and I know him. I dont think theres anyone who runs for president that wants to do bad. I really dont. So, you know, he won. My take on it: lets give him a chance and see what he can do. Thats the only way anyway now. So, lets go with that.Rivers had also addressed the election results in Wednesdays pregame media availability where he had affirmed his belief in the American electoral system.Donald Trump is going to be fine as president, Rivers said during that session. Thats something I never thought I would have to say. Honestly. At the end of the day, he will be because I just believe America, overall, works. Theres a Congress, a Senate, and its going to work out.Rivers was surprised by Trumps victory in the presidential race, but cited civic responsibility and an old sports adage when sharing his thoughts on the president-elect.I think sports shouldve helped us before the election, Rivers continued. Never underestimate your opponent is the one thing I saw from the beginning. And, honestly, you guys know I know, I guess, President Trump. Thats the first time Ive said that. Oh boy. And he was underestimated. He really was from the beginning.And, I think we talk about in sports every night, dont underestimate your opponent. And, after defeat, the sun comes back up and you get back to work. In the political process, the way to get back to work is to actually get out and vote, you know, instead of protest. A lot of people didnt vote, and then they wake up the next morning and theyre upset.And, I think, the one thing this thing taught me again, is how powerful the vote is. Its extremely powerful. Rural America went out and voted. Inner-city America did not. You can make a case that people in inner cities didnt want to vote because theres not been a lot of change for them. And, theyre tired of voting. They want some action. So, thats what I saw last night.The Clippers coach reiterated his belief in the importance of participation in the political process as a means of activism for those unhappy with the results of Tuesday night and expressed optimism in moving forward as a nation.But, if you dont like it, you have two years from now to change it -- not the president -- but you can change the Congress, Rivers said. You can change the Senate. If you dont like it, change it. And, you change it by either running or voting. So, I think thats the way. Dont get mad; go do something. Ive said that. I say that to my players. Do something about it. And thats my thing right now -- go do something about it if you want change.The sun came up this morning. There was a time late last night I wasnt sure if it was going happen, but it did. Were all going to be OK, everyone. Were going to be OK.On Monday, Rivers had encouraged people to vote during his pre- and postgame comments. He said he had already voted in Florida, where the Chicago native remains a resident despite living much of the year in Los Angeles. He didnt disclose his choice for president.Portland coach Terry Stotts didnt mince words, saying, I was very disappointed. It wasnt my choice. I hope the country is going to be OK.The Associated Press contributed to this report.? Uomo AH6799-101 Nike Air Max 98 20th Anniversary OG Gundam Rosse/Bianche/Nere . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Nike 924462-400 Air Max 98 QS Thunder Blue Uomo . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. http://www.airmax270.it/uomo-nike-air-max-270-white-volt-scarpe-bianche-bianche-volt-ah8050-104.html . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. Nike Air Max 2 Uptempo 94 . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. Nike Air Max 97 Ultra17 - Uomo/Donna - Argento Metallizzato/Varsity Rosso 917704-002 . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. BALTIMORE -- Free agent catcher Welington Castillo has agreed to a $6 million, one-year contract with the Baltimore Orioles, pending a medical review.Castillos agreement includes a $7 million player option for 2018.He hit .264 with 14 homers and 68 RBI in 111 games with Arizona last season, when he made $3.7 million. The 29-year-old, who became a free agent when the Diamondbacks failed to offer a 2017 contract, is expected to take over from four-time All Star Matt Wieters, who became a free agent.Wieters accepted a $15.8 million qualifying offer last offseason and hit .243 with 17 homers and 66 RBI in 124 games. He was not given a $17.2 million qualifying offer last mmonth.ddddddddddddCastillo represents a lower-priced option. The 29-year-old broke into the big leagues in 2010 with the Chicago Cubs and has also played with Seattle.He has a .255 career batting average with 60 home runs and 230 RBI over 1,904 games.Wieters, the fifth overall pick in the 2007 amateur draft, has spent his entire career with Baltimore.The switch-hitter is known for his ability to work with a pitching staff but has also been productive at the plate: He has a .256 batting average with 117 homers and 437 RBI over eight seasons. Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Gear White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen