Image and video hosting by TinyPic

top-priced 10 forwards have hit t

in
Über uns
23.06.2018 16:03
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

AKRON, Ohio -- With an elite field chasing the lead, Tiger Woods decided to play keep-away. Already up by a staggering seven shots through 36 holes thanks to a career-tying best of 61 in the second round, Woods shot a solid 2-under 68 on Saturday in the Bridgestone Invitational to maintain that same seven-stroke lead. It was as if he was turning around and daring the worlds best players to come after him. No one really could. "You know, today was a day that I didnt quite have it," said Woods, who was at 15-under 195. "But I scored. And thats the name of the game, posting a number, and I did today. I grinded my way around that golf course." Now hes only 18 holes away from making even more history in a career of historic accomplishments. Hell be competing against the record book as much as the elite field. "Its kind of tough to pick up seven or eight shots on Tiger around here," said Henrik Stenson, a distant second after a 67. "It would take something spectacular on my behalf or any of the other guys around me, and obviously a very, very poor round for him." Woods, by the way, is 41-2 when leading after 54 holes in a PGA Tour event. A victory would be his eighth at Firestone Country Club and in the Bridgestone and its forerunner, the NEC Invitational. That would match the tour-record eight he already has at Bay Hill and the eight wins Sam Snead had at the Greater Greensboro Open. Woods also could capture his 79th victory on the PGA Tour, drawing him within three of Sneads record of 82. "Ill just go out there and execute my game plan," he said. "It all starts with what the weather is doing, and then I build it from there. Well see what I do tomorrow." Unlike in a second-round 61 that could easily have been a 59 or even lower, Woods didnt recover from all of his errant shots. He bogeyed the ninth, 14th and 16th holes, failing to bounce back from wayward shots. Yet he still was good enough to put himself in position for yet another lopsided victory, one that will likely mark him as the player to beat next week in the PGA Championship at Oak Hill. "Any time you can go into a major tournament or any tournament with a win under your belt, its nice," Woods said. "It validates what youre working on and you have some nice momentum going in there." Of course, Woods has failed to win his last 17 major championships. No longer is it a lock that, with 14, hell surpass the mark of 18 by Jack Nicklaus. Woods began the third round with a seven-shot lead after rounds of 66 and the career-best 61 -- the fourth time he has gone that low, also matching the tournament record originally set by Jose Maria Olazabal in 1990. Jason Dufner was third, eight strokes back after a 67, and Luke Donald (68), Bill Haas (69) and Chris Wood (70) followed at 6 under. Dufner said Firestone isnt all that unique because it is just one of a number of places where Woods dominates. "Yeah, he has a pretty good track record here," he said. "Theres quite a few events out here that he does really well. Torrey Pines comes to mind, Bay Hill comes to mind, the Memorial. So he obviously feels comfortable on those courses, and its our job to try and chase him down if we can." Defending champ Keegan Bradley, with a 71, was another shot back along with Miguel Angel Jimenez, who put up a 65. Rounding out the top 10 were 2011 Bridgestone winner and reigning Masters champ Adam Scott and Zach Johnson. Woods has overwhelmed everyone in a glittering field that includes 48 of the top 50 players in the world ranking. Much like he did a day earlier, Woods started out fast. He birdied the first two holes (he had also eagled No. 2 in the second round). He rolled in a 12-footer at No. 1 and then two-putted from 40 feet at No. 2, most likely causing the rest of the players to just shake their heads. From there, however, he proved merely human. He parred the next six holes and then drove into the sheer face of a fairway bunker and took a bogey at the ninth hole. He played the back nine 1-under par -- including yet another shot for the highlight reel. At the par-4 13th, he airmailed his iron shot over the green and into heavy, grabby rough. But he got a sand wedge under the ball, popping it straight up. It landed on the green and rolled right to the pin, clanging off it and into the hole for birdie from 40 feet away. "Certainly, it wasnt a shot I was trying to make. I was just trying to get it down there where I could get a par and get out of Dodge and dodge a bullet," he said. "It just happened to go in." Of course, the ball often happens to just go in for Woods at World Golf Championship events like the Bridgestone. He has won 17 times in 41 starts -- a success rate of 41 per cent -- while finishing in the top 10 an amazing 32 times in WGC events. At Firestone, hes had winning streaks of four (2005-09) and three (1999-2001), and also has a tie for second and two fourth-place finishes. Woods looked back on his round and gave it a thumbs-up. "It ended up being a dead push for the day," he said about hanging on to the same lead he began the day with. "Thats not too bad, either." Not too bad at all. Authentic Joe Crede Jersey . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Authentic Harold Baines Jersey . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. http://www.cheapwhitesoxjerseys.us/ .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. White Sox Jerseys Outlet . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. Authentic Paul Konerko Jersey . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net.Anthony Martials is attracting more interest than any other Premier League player in Sky Sports Fantasy Football this week following his impressive start at Manchester United. The 19-year-old has scored three times in his first two Premier League appearances and also netted in the Capital One Cup against Ipswich on Wednesday night.Valued at £7.5m, £2.5m less than the games most expensive player, Sergio Aguero, Martial has been transferred in by 15.5 per cent of managers ahead of lowly Sunderlands trip to Old Trafford on Saturday. Despite becoming the worlds most expensive teenage footballer when he was signed from Monaco, the Frenchman is joint 25th in Sky Sports Fantasy Footballs list of most valuable strikers, having scored 11 in 42 in all competitions last season.Martial is not the only striker defying his modest price tag, with Callum Wilson (£6.8m), Odion Ighalo (£6.5m) and Jamie Vardy (£7.3m) commanding the top three spots in terms of highest points-scoring strikers in the game. Caallum Wilson of Bournemouth is the best value-for-money striker, according to Fantasy Graziano Pelle (£8.dddddddddddd1m) and Bafetimbi Gomis (£7.7m) follow with four goals apiece while the top-priced trio of Sergio Aguero (£10m), Diego Costa (£9.8m) and Alexis Sanchez (£8.7m) trail well behind with just two goals between them.Indeed, none of the top-priced 10 forwards have hit the 30-point mark yet, while theres four players priced at less than £7.8m boasting such totals.Bournemouths Wilson (47 points) now sits second in the overall rankings as Leicester Riyad Mahrez maintains top spot on 67 points, having also netted his fifth goal of the campaign last weekend.Top scoring strikers:Callum Wilson - £6.8m - 5 goals - 47 pointsOdion Ighalo - £6.5m - 4 goals - 41 pointsJamie Vardy - £7.3m - 4 goals - 33 pointsGraziano Pelle - £8.1m - 4 goals - 33 pointsBafetimbi Gomis - £8.1m - 4 goals - 32 pointsMost expensive strikers:Sergio Aguero - £10m - 1 goal - 24 pointsDiego Costa - £9.8m - 1 goal - 18 pointsAlexis Sanchez - £9.7m - 0 goals - 14 pointsWayne Rooney - £9.6m - 0 goals - 10 pointsHarry Kane £9.3m - 0 goals - 12 points China Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen