Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ey face the UAE in the Emirati ca

in
Über uns
25.06.2018 08:10
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins are convinced they have put their early season woes behind them -- theyre making believers out of other teams. Giancarlo Stanton homered leading off the ninth inning to tie it and Ed Lucas beat out double-play relay in the 10th to lift Miami over the Washington Nationals 2-1 Saturday night. The Marlins, who were 14-41 through May, will go for the sweep of the three-game series on Sunday. Stanton homered on a 1-2 pitch from Rafael Soriano leading off the ninth to make it 1-all. It was Sorianos fourth blown save overall and first in the last 13 opportunities. "I figured he wasnt going to throw a strike -- which that wasnt," Stanton said. "I just saw fastball and reacted to it." Steve Cishek (3-4) struck out Scott Hairston and Ryan Zimmerman with runners on second and third to end the Washington 10th. "Cishek getting out of that big jam, the guys came in and that fired everybody up," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "Guys were like, All right, this is it! Lets go! Lets get this thing over with!" Adeiny Hechavarria opened the Miami 10th by reaching second when third baseman Chad Tracy fielded his chopper but threw the ball into stands. Craig Stammen (4-4) walked Jeff Mathis, and Placido Polanco sacrificed both runners over. Justin Ruggiano was intentionally walked to load the bases. Lucas grounded to second baseman Steve Lombardozzi, who threw to shortstop Ian Desmond for the forceout at second. Lucas beat the throw to first as the winning run scored. "Thats a double play in April," Redmond said. "To win that thing on a fielders choice, and a lot of good at-bats . it wasnt a thing of beauty, but Ill take it." Nationals star Bryce Harper was ejected by home plate umpire Hunter Wendelstedt after arguing a called third strike in the eighth. Harper also had complained about a called third strike in his previous at-bat, leading off the sixth. "He called it a strike and I wasnt going to take it," Harper said. "So I gave him a piece of mind and got out what I wanted to get out and he threw me out. Nationals manager Davey Johnson said Harpers frustrations were aimed at the wrong person. "You cant do that," Johnson said. "Take it out on the pitcher. You cant take the frustration out on the umpire." Washington starter Dan Haren surrendered three hits in six scoreless innings. He struck out seven and walked one. Jose Fernandez went six innings, allowing one run and four hits. The Marlins All-Star Game representative walked three and struck out four. "I came out of my game a little but today, got a little bit too excited," Fernandez said. "But I got it back and tried to keep the team in the game and look what happened, Stanton hit the ball out and then we got another run to win it." Jayson Werths sacrifice fly in the fourth gave Washington a 1-0 lead. Harper drew a leadoff walk, took third on Adam LaRoches one-out single and scored when catcher Jeff Mathis failed to grab a one-hop relay from Marcell Ozuna, who caught Werths flyball in medium centre field. Ozuna made a nice running over-the-shoulder catch of Desmonds fly for the final out in the third with runners on first and second. NOTES: Nationals manager Davey Johnson said hed probably start RHP Stephen Strasburg and LHP Gio Gonzalez in the first two games after the All-Star break, followed by RHP Jordan Zimmermann, who will not play in Tuesday nights event because of tightness in his neck. "Zimmermanns getting the extra days because of the shoulder thing, the neck," Johnson said. ... Johnson said LHP Ross Detwiler likely would need a rehab start before rejoining the Nationals. Detwiler (lower back strain) was placed the disabled list on July 7, retroactive to July 4. ... Marlins manager Mike Redmond said RHP Jacob Turner would start Fridays game at Milwaukee but hadnt decided on the order for the rest of his post-break rotation. ... 3B Colin Moran, the sixth overall draft pick who signed with Miami on Friday, took batting practice with the Marlins. Authentic Zach Sieler Jersey . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. Authentic DeShon Elliott Jersey . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. http://www.cheapravensjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-orlando-brown-jr-jersey . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Wholesale Baltimore Ravens Jerseys . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Cheap Ravens Jerseys . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. The Socceroos have three points in their kit bag already, but midfielder Massimo Luongo is hungry for more ahead of next weeks World Cup qualifier against the UAE in Abu Dhabi.The Socceroos lead their group after beating Iraq 2-0 in Perth on Thursday night.Second-half strikes to Luongo and Tomi Juric gave Australia all three points, and theyve quickly turned their attention to their clash with the UAE on Tuesday.The UAE shocked Japan 2-1 in Saitama on Thursday, with the upset throwing the race for top-two spots in Group B wide open.Australia will start as hot favourites for all of their home matches, but winning on the road could prove tricky.However, Luongo played down talk the Socceroos would be happy with a draw when they face the UAE in the Emirati captital.Of course not. I dont think anyone thinks like that, Luongo said.Every game in these qualiifiers are there for the win.ddddddddddddWere going there to get three points and play well and prove were a good side.It will be tough with the conditions. Away games are so difficult in this stage. Whether we approach it differently - I doubt it. The boss will brief us.The UAE are ranked 74th in the world - 17 places below Australia.Other teams in Australias group are world No.113 Iraq, Thailand (120), Saudi Arabia (61), and Japan (49).But Juric said it was wrong to expect the Socceroos would just waltz through their group.People think its going to be a walk in the park for us. But its definitely not, Juric said.Sometimes we face really hostile environments. Its really difficult - just the atmosphere they put on for us. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL T-shirts ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen