Image and video hosting by TinyPic

zy that I was just trying to do my part and do

in
Über uns
26.06.2018 15:42
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

http://img.homepagemodules.de/ds/static/gaia/COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The talk all week was whether former Ohio State assistant and current Rutgers coach Chris Ash could take advantage of his familiarity with the Buckeyes defense.The answer: Forget about it.The stifling Ohio State defense overwhelmed the Scarlet Knights on the way to methodical 58-0 dismantling Saturday at Ohio Stadium.J.T. Barrett broke the school record for career touchdown passes with the third of his four TD tosses Saturday, and the surging Buckeyes (4-0, 1-0 Big Ten) gave Ash a rude welcome in his return to The Horseshoe.They smothered us, said Ash, who spent the past two seasons as a co-defensive coordinator for the Buckeyes.No. 2 Ohio States superb defense never allowed the Scarlet Knights (2-3, 0-2) to penetrate deeper than the Ohio State 38 yard line. They sacked quarterback Chris Laviano three times and allowed just 33 passing yards. They forced Rutgers to punt on each of its 10 drives that didnt end a half.Ash was asked if the Ohio State defense performed better than advertised.They played exceptionally well today, so no, they were not better than I thought, and I thought all along they were pretty darn good, Ash said.Barrett was 21 for 29 for 238 yards before giving way to backup Joe Burrow near the end of the third quarter. He now has 59 TD passes in 27 career games for Ohio State.Theres no doubt hes a Heisman candidate, Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said.Freshman tailback Mike Weber continued to cement his place in the Ohio State (4-0, 1-0 Big Ten) backfield, rushing for 144 yards on 14 attempts before also taking a seat in the third quarter. He also scored a touchdown, cutting around the left end and racing untouched for a 46-yard score 2 1/2 minutes into the second half.I was just following my blocks, Weber said. They opened up the holes so I could run through. Give credit to the O-line. Today showed how much talent we have.Ohio State piled up 669 yards of total offense, including 410 on the ground. Barrett threw touchdown passes to four receivers.Safety Chris Cioffi had one of the few highlights for Rutgers, picking off Barretts pass on Ohio States opening drive.We came out and fought in the beginning, but the wheels just fell off, Cioffi said.THE TAKEAWAYRutgers: After playing tough against Iowa in 14-7 loss last week, Ash and the Scarlet Knights showed they will need a talent upgrade to keep up with the Big Tens elite teams. It didnt help that star wide receiver and kick returner Janarion Grant suffered a season-ending injury in the Iowa game.We played extremely well last week, Ash said. But this was a completely different animal; the players, their offensive system is sophisticated, they have a lot of weapons. They do an outstanding job.Ohio State: The Buckeyes took care of business again and blew out an overmatched team. They show no signs of slowing down.DEPENDABLE SAMUELOhio State H-back Curtis Samuel was as dependable as ever, catching seven passes for 86 yards and a touchdown, and running for another 68 yards. Hes established himself as a potent dual threat and, as Meyer predicted in the preseason, one of the teams most valuable playmakers.POLL IMPLICATIONSProbably none. Ohio State was impressive but is likely to stay at No. 2 in the AP Top 25 poll behind Alabama.QUOTEABLEDespite everything Ive been though, it feels surreal, said Barrett of breaking the school record for TD passes. Thats crazy that I was just trying to do my part and do my best for the team and then broke the record.UP NEXTRutgers: The Scarlets Knights rough ride through the conference continues with a night game at home against No. 4 Michigan.Ohio State: The Buckeyes will be heavily favored again when they play Indiana in another appetizer game next Saturday before the Big Ten main course.--Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacyFor some of his other recent stories: http://bigstory.ap.org/content/mitch-stacy Calvin Johnson Womens Jersey . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. Authentic Kerryon Johnson Jersey . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. http://www.cheapdetroitlionsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-tyrell-crosby-jersey . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rookie outfielder in the starting lineup. Authentic Tracy Walker Jersey . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. Cheap Barry Sanders Jersey . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators.mail.png

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen