Image and video hosting by TinyPic

INDIANAPOLIS -- Kamar Baldwin may be a freshman playing in his second collegiate game, but Butler coach Chris Holtmann had enoug

in
Über uns
01.07.2018 15:20
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- Kamar Baldwin may be a freshman playing in his second collegiate game, but Butler coach Chris Holtmann had enough confidence in his point guard to call his number on the final play.And Baldwin delivered.Baldwins pull-up jumper with 0.4 seconds left lifted Butler to a 70-68 victory over Northwestern on Wednesday night. We got the (defensive) switch we wanted, Holtmann said. We wanted to make sure we got the very last shot on goal. Hes one of our guys that can create his own shot.The freshman set up his game-winning basket on the defensive end the previous possession, stealing the ball from Bryant McIntosh with 30 seconds left.Since they switched it, we had the matchup and made the play, Baldwin said.Baldwin finished with 11 points and made a big impression in the first half, scoring seven. He also had three steals, three assists and a blocked shot.Kelan Martin led the Bulldogs (2-0) with 22 points, 15 in the second half. Andrew Chrabascz added 13 points and led the Bulldogs with seven rebounds.Vic Law topped four players in double figures for Northwestern with 17 points, making 5 of 6 3-point attempts. McIntosh had 12 points, and Scottie Lindsey and Sanjay Lumpkin each scored 10.Northwestern shot 48 percent from the field compared to Butlers 38. But the Wildcats made only one more field goal and turned the ball over 16 times to Butlers eight.This one hurts, no questions about it, said Northwestern coach Chris Collins. When it came time to make the plays you do to win the game, they made them.BIG PICTURENorthwestern: Finally playing a major college program after wins over Mississippi Valley State and Eastern Washington, the Wildcats looked poised to win, but blew a 6-point lead with 5:51 left.Butler: After a comfortable win over Northern Colorado in the opener, the Bulldogs saw a five-point, second-half lead go to waste thanks to a 10-0 Wildcat run. Butler showed mettle, trailing 68-67 with 1:03 left before Chrabasczs free throw with 53 seconds remaining tied it at 68.ROLE PLAYERNorthwesterns Gavin Skelly finished below his season average with four points. But he played 22 minutes despite being the 10th man in the rotation, tallying four rebounds, two assists, a block and a steal. Skelly hit a 3-pointer as part of a 10-0 second-half run and his free throw put the Wildcats up 68-67 with 1:03 left.QUICK COMPARISONPost players Chrabascz and Northwesterns Dererk Pardon (8 points, 4 rebounds) played even most of the game, but Chrabascz came through when it counted. Chrabascz hit a 3-pointer to stop the 10-0 Northwestern run and gave Butler the lead with a lay-up with 2:29 left. Pardon was in foul trouble most of the second half and fouled out with 1:51 to go and the game tied 65-65.UP NEXTButler: Hosts Bucknell on Saturday. The Bison lost to Wake Forest 94-74 on Saturday.Northwestern: Plays No. 23 Texas on Monday in Brooklyn, New York, in the Legends Classic. The Longhorns won their first two games heading into Thursdays game against Eastern Washington. Cheap Jonathan Villar Jersey . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. Cheap Eric Thames Jersey . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. http://www.cheapbrewersjerseys.com/ . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. Cheap Brewers Jerseys China . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Cheap Glenn Robinson Jersey . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. The Art of VictoryWe asked 10 Chicago artists to come up with commemorative posters inspired by the Cubs run to their first World Series title since 1908.The Art of VictoryWe asked 10 Chicago artists to come up with commemorative posters inspired by the Cubs? first World Series appearance in 71 years.Chuck Anderson?I?ve been a Cubs fan my whole life. I grew up around Cubs fans, collected Ryne Sandberg cards as a kid, have some very fond memories going to Ron Santos old restaurant, and I still recite lines from ?Rookie of the Year? on a regular basis ... I?m a Cubs fan, a Chicago fan, and try to be a champion for all things creative and positive in this city. The images in this collage were taken the morning after the Cubs won Game 6 of the NLCS. I felt like I was standing on holy ground.?Go to the Artists WebsiteZack Anderson?I grew up in Berwyn, Illinois, during the ?90s when the Bulls were dominating and it was a point of pride to say you were from Chicago. When your team is doing well, it acts like a cultural glue. Our neighbors would have cookouts, play sports, and just hang out on a regular basis. I felt a deeper sense of community back then, and our teams? success reinforced that.? Go to the Artists WebsiteBilly Baumann of Delicious Design League?For this poster I was most inspired by the Cubs? programs from the 1950s, which are great. Even though I?m not a Cubs fan -- I moved from St. Louis so I?m actually a Cardinals fan -- you have to respect their fans and their tradition of never losing faith in the club.?Go to the Artists WebsiteIan Dickens?Having just relocated from Boston, I can definitely relate to a team that?s experienced its own historic World Series drought ... I?m fascinated by the idea of the Cubs as a cursed organization. The lore that surrounds the Curse of the Billy Goat is absolutely bonkers.?Go to the Artists WebsiteMike Dornseif?The Cubs have completely consumed the city and suburrbs.dddddddddddd Loyalists and bandwagoners are all over the place flying those damn W?s. I grew up a White Sox fan, but you can?t deny how good this team is.?Go to the Artists WebsiteRyan Duggan?I?ve lived in Chicago for 15 years and northern Illinois my entire life. Chicago is a vibrant and beautiful city with a history full of characters. I think we get a rough reputation in the news, so I wanted to portray the city as I see it.?Go to the Artists WebsiteChristopher Gray of Half Hazard Press?The concept behind this artwork was to capture the feeling of possibility and excitement you can feel as a fan. It?s almost childlike, the excitement of being a part of something bigger that everyone believes in wholeheartedly. Theres a literal sense of awe when you visit Wrigley for the first time and you can feel the history in the place.?Go to the Artists WebsiteElias Stein?My grandfather was a Cubs fan, so it has always been in the family. I got hooked on the team when I was 10 years old. Summer of ?98. Sammy Sosa hit 66 home runs and the Cubs won the wild card. More than anything, being a Cubs fan has taught me patience. No matter what happens, there?s always going to be a next year.?Go to the Artists WebsiteDan Streeting?[My wife] Jessica and I spent a summer living a couple blocks from Wrigley Field. It?s great to see such a historic stadium nestled right in the heart of the community, symbolized by the iconic rooftop seating that surrounds the stadium, as if the architecture itself is leaning towards the field, showing its support.?Go to the Artists WebsiteJustin Van Genderen ?You try not to get too excited, but in the end you just can?t help yourself from rooting for them. You just want so badly for the North Siders to finally have their day.?Go to the Artists Website Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen