Image and video hosting by TinyPic

admitted he feared his body would not hold up

in
Über uns
01.07.2018 15:24
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- White Sox manager Robin Ventura approached Jose Abreu at his locker following Sundays tight victory over the Twins, and the two shared a joke.It was a moment of levity at the end of a stressful day.Abreu hit two three-run homers and drove in a career-best seven runs, and Chicago used Tim Andersons two-run double in the 12th inning to beat Minnesota 13-11 for a split of their four-game series.I will say that this is my best moment of this season, Abreu said.Abreu, Anderson and Melky Cabrera had three hits apiece, helping the White Sox overcome four homers for Minnesota. The teams combined for 18 homers in the series.Abreu fell one shy of the franchise record of eight RBI in a game, a mark shared by three people, including Ventura.We were joking about the RBI, our record that he owns, Abreu said through a translator. I was one short, but we were all joking about it.While Abreu delivered another impressive performance, Anderson had the biggest hit of the day. With one out and runners on second and third in the 12th, the rookie doubled to deep left against Pat Dean (1-6).Juan Minaya (1-0) earned his first major league win. He pitched a scoreless 11th but walked the first two batters in the 12th. Tommy Kahnle then came in and earned his third career save, retiring Eddie Rosario with the bases loaded for the final out.Im not going to tell you what was going through my mind, Ventura said of Minnesotas threat in the 12th. But theyre not easy.Byron Buxton hit his first career grand slam for Minnesota, and Brian Dozier, Miguel Sano and John Ryan Murphy also went deep. The Twins hit 11 homers in the four-game set.To have an offensive day like that, and to really have the guys you want in the game at the end with a chance, Minnesota manager Paul Molitor said of the frustrating pitching performance. I dont know how many of those weve had that would rank up there with that one.Abreu opened the scoring with a three-run shot in the first. He added an RBI single in the fifth and another three-run drive in the seventh, trimming Minnesotas lead to 9-7.Abreu is batting .370 with 11 homers and 30 RBI in his past 31 games.Hes swinging it, this is what you really expect out of him, Ventura said. I know that its pretty free and easy right now. But even the home runs, thats really more indicative of him. Right now hes feeling pretty good about it, sitting in the middle of our lineup driving in some runs.Buxton had three hits, and Dozier connected for his 35th homer. Sano hit his 22nd and Murphy added his first for the Twins after being recalled a day earlier.TRAILING ONLY KILLEBREWDozier leads the majors with 21 homers since the All-Star break. He has the most home runs of any Twins player since Josh Willingham also hit 35 in 2012.Only Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew has hit more homers in a single season in Twins history.Dont be putting me in Killebrews, in a sentence with him, Dozier said. Thats pretty cool. Weve still got a little ways to go, but thats pretty cool.UP NEXTWhite Sox: Chris Sale (15-7, 3.10 ERA) starts Monday against the Detroit Tigers, who counter with Justin Verlander (14-7, 3.30 ERA). Sale is 1-2 with a 3.38 ERA and 25 strikeouts in 29 1/3 innings in four starts against Detroit this season. Verlander has allowed more than two runs just once in his past 12 starts.Twins: Molitor said rookie right-hander Jose Berrios (2-4, 9.24 ERA) will be called up to start Monday against Kansas City. The Royals counter with RHP Ian Kennedy (9-9, 3.66 ERA). Black Ravens Jerseys . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. DeShon Elliott Stitched Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. http://www.officialravensnflauthenticshop.com/mark-andrews-stitched-jersey/ . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Hayden Hurst Stitched Jersey .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Cheap Ravens Jerseys . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long.Andy Murray said it was amazing to end the year as world No 1 but insisted he needs to keep improving if he is to stay top of the rankings in 2017. The 29-year-old Briton confirmed his status as the best player on the planet by beating Novak Djokovic, the world No 2, 6-3 6-4 in the final of the ATP World Tour Finals in London on Sunday.It was his 24th consecutive win and his fifth tournament victory in a row. Murray wins ATP finals Andy Murray stays world No 1 after beating Novak Djokovic Murray will now take a fortnight off to celebrate and recuperate, but he is wary of a Djokovic fightback and already has one eye on next season.He told Sky Sports: Today was an amazing day. I felt more like I was playing for No 1 today, rather than the tournament. I have never felt like I was playing a match for a ranking before. Thats all anyone had been speaking to me about in the last few weeks - the media, friends - that was it. Highlights of Murray v Djokovic from the O2 Arena I said a few weeks ago I was most likely going to have to win every match I played between now and the end of the year, and it ended up that way.I would imagine Novak will be back, strong as ever, for next year, so I need to keep improving, work hard in the off-season and hopefully start the year strong. I will rest for two weeks, and then I fly to Miami two weeks tomorrow for two and a half weeks, before coming home for Christmas. Then I head off to Abu Dhabi and Doha - that is where Im starting the year - so I need those couple of weeks off and Im looking forward to it. Courtside reaction from Murray and Djokovic Murray started Sundays final just 24 hours after beating Milos Raonic in a tournament-record 3hr 38min.dddddddddddde looked fresh throughout the match but admitted he feared his body would not hold up.Murray added: I was really tired today. I didnt feel great when I got up this morning and last night I felt very tired before I went to bed. I just wanted to go out and give everything I had today, and thankfully it was enough. It would have been hard if it had gone to three sets. Murray defeated Djokovic 6-3 6-4 A bit of it is bluffing. I felt not good this morning. When they were asking me, How do you feel? I was like, I feel really tired. My fitness trainer said, You have put the work in, you can do this, you have to trust the work that you have done, and I wasnt really believing it. Thankfully, the match started off with shorter points. It was only in the middle part of the set that we started having longer rallies, and if we had started off like that, it would have been hard for me. Thankfully, I had enough to get over the line.Well be back in 2017, but in the meantime you can follow us skysports.com/tennis, or our app for mobile devices and iPad and our Twitter account @skysportstennis.By purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99, you can enjoy access to all seven Sky Sports channels and watch on a TV with a NOW TV Box or on a range of devices. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Also See: Murray v Djokovic: Reunited Murray milestones Murrays climb to greatness World No 1 permutations Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen