Image and video hosting by TinyPic

there.With that being said, were not going to b

in
Über uns
09.07.2018 14:13
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Ask the Arizona Cardinals how running back David Johnson looks at training camp, and youd think youd just asked somebody about their buried treasure.Man ... people dont know, tight end Darren Fells said. But theyre going to know.Im afraid to say it, coach Bruce Arians said, because then hell get hurt.I dont even want to talk about what Ive seen from David Johnson, because I dont want to jinx it, general manager Steve Keim said. Its scary.Johnson was plenty scary last year, when he had 13 touchdowns as a rookie -- eight rushing, four receiving and one kick return for good measure. He averaged 4.6 yards per carry, and over his final seven games -- five in the regular season and two in the playoffs -- he averaged 135 yards from scrimmage per game.But those arent the only reasons for the rattlesnake-caliber buzz swirling around Johnson in the Arizona desert. Something about the Cardinals 2015 third-round pick feels even more exciting this year.Hes got rare and unusual skills Ive never seen in a back, where hes got an erect running style, yet at the same time he has tremendous lower flexibility and lateral quickness, Keim said. So thats a weird combination, because usually those taller, upright guys are kind of straight-legged and stiff. This guys got an unusual knack of being able to pick and slide and do some things laterally. And then his receiving and ball skills are second to none.I mean, probably the best receiving back Ive seen.Like ... ever?A lot of people have compared him to Marshall Faulk, and our coaches had Marshall Faulk in Indy, Keim said. I think hes very similar in some ways athletically and in terms of ball-catching skills to Marshall.Pretty lofty stuff. Fortunately, its not the stuff that seems to be filtering its way to Johnsons own ears. A couple of weeks ago, Johnson stopped for an interview after a tough practice. Hed missed a blitz pickup and spent the rest of the practice with Arians screaming at him about it.Yeah, I just got yelled at, Johnson said. Just so mad at myself for doing it, because I thought I was getting better and learning a lot more, and I think it was just one of those things I might have just overlooked and just assumed. I always have to be ready for that.Good to keep em humble, obviously, and the way Johnson is ripping up practices and preseason games, its important to make sure he doesnt get too happy about all of his success too quickly. Fortunately for the Cardinals, Johnson seems to be the sort who gets the message when Arians sends it.Hes a tough coach to play for, because he wants it a certain way, Johnson said. Every play he makes is set for that certain defense. Theres always a route or theres always a play that we should be able to win with against that defense. And usually, most of the time, I was talking to the players, and they say its the players that mess up. So hes really tough on us, especially me, because he wants Carson Palmer protected. They dont care how good you are. If you cant protect this quarterback, you arent getting on this field. That was literally the first thing he ever said to me.So theres the thing that could potentially hold Johnson back. You cant score touchdowns if you cant get on the field. But if he can stay on that field, look out. Hes put on five pounds to get up to 229, which should help him run with more power between the tackles. Not even Keim thought the running back would be great at that when he drafted him. Go back a year, and Andre Ellington and Chris Johnson were ahead of Johnson on the depth chart.I thought he was a much more gifted pass-catcher than he was a runner, Keim said. And I see the thing hes probably improved on the most is his inside running skills -- being a taller guy and being able to run behind his pads and finish between the tackles. That was the concern with him being an upright runner -- can he run with his size or is he going to be a finesse perimeter guy? Hes shown us the ability to do both, and hes gotten better and better.So this might be the time for David Johnson. Maybe a year ago, he admits himself, he wouldnt have been ready for the opportunity to be the full-time starter. Missing a blitz pickup assignment in October has far more dire consequences than missing one on Aug. 4, when the defense isnt allowed to hit your quarterback. Maybe right out of Northern Iowa, before hed figured out how to deploy his unique and considerable skills against hyper-speedy NFL defenses, hed have had a rough time. Maybe now is the perfect time for David Johnson to happen.Me being able to play last year and knowing how the NFL is, the atmosphere of NFL games, its a lot easier, Johnson said. Im a lot more comfortable coming in and getting ready for my second season. And hopefully I can continue to get better and continue to improve.All this sounds very exciting to the Cardinals, their fans and anyone fortunate enough to have snagged Johnson early last year in a fantasy keeper league.Just, you know ... dont tell anyone. Russell Gage Hoodie . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. Falcons Hoodies Shop . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. http://www.cheapfalconshoodiesjerseys.com/ . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. Authentic Falcons Hoodies . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. Cheap Falcons Hoodies Jerseys . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. The numbers certainly arent encouraging for the New York Jets, who stumble into their Week 5 game at the Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1) on Sunday with a 1/3 record through the first quarter of the season.Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown nine interceptions over the past two games, has 11 turnovers overall on the season, and a defense that has allowed 17 completions of 20-plus yards and seven of 40-plus through four games may be minus cornerback Darrelle Revis, who is dealing with a hamstring injury. Its an ominous backdrop entering Heinz Field, where Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has thrown 18 touchdown passes over his past five games -- including at least three in each of those outings and five against Kansas City last Sunday night.Then theres the historical weight: only 14 percent of the teams to begin a season 1/3 since 1990 have gone on to reach the playoffs. Still, coach Todd Bowles believes the Jets can compete with anyone as his team prepares for the Steelers before returning home to face the reigning NFC West champion Arizona Cardinals.Were close, said Bowles, whose team has been outscored by a combined score of 51-20 over the past two weeks. Weve made some plays. We made some strides from the Kansas City game to the last game. Weve got to clean up some mistakes. We cant beat ourselves.The Jets enter Sundays game with a minus-10 turnover margin, while the Steelers are plus-1 on the season and riding high on a wave of confidence after a 43-14 beat down of the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 4. The Steelers are well-balanced on offense, and may lean more on the two-headed ground game of LeVeon Bell and DeAngelo Williams to protect Roethlisberger from a very talented defensive line.Pittsburgh has struggled in protection at times this season, and the offensive line was banged up in the Kansas City game.Steelers left guard Ramon Foster could miss his second consecutive game due to a chest injury, while coach Mike Tomlin deemed right tackle Marcus Gilbert as highly questionable with an ankle injury suffered against the Chiefs. Gilberts backup, Ryan Harris, also left that game with a leg injury. That could leave former undrafted rookie and practice squad member B.J. Finney at left guard and untested Chris Hubbard at right tackle to deal with a defensive line that features Muhammad Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams and former Steeler Steve McLendon.We have faith and trust and belief in whoever the next man up is, Roethlisberger said. Weve been able to do that and proven that over the years here. Guys prepare themselves to be ready to go. Well have faith and trust in whoever needs to be out there.With that being said, were not going to be ridiculous. If there are times when we have to help someones way, well do it.The Jets have to get to -- and bring down -- Roethlisberger quickly because every cornerback is allowing completions on at least two-thirds of the passes thrown his direction. Marcus Williams is the best of the lot giving up a 67 percent completion rate, and the Jets will be exposed any time Roethlisberger has time in the pocket or is able to extend plays.ddddddddddddI think its issues (where) some guys arent as vocal when they need to be, Bowles said of the communication breakdowns the secondary has continued to experience. Those are things that can easily be cleaned up and they see it on film. We see it on the sidelines and we have some things in place to try and take care of that.One hand washes the other, but the biggest thing is we cant have guys running free in the secondary. I can see if theyre getting beat one-on-one or those types of things. We have guys running free in the secondary and we cant have that.One way the Steelers combat aggressive defensive fronts is to maximize Bells versatility. Returning from his three-game suspension last week, he lined up in the backfield, in the slot and even split wide as a receiver. Playing for the first time since a season-ending knee injury last Nov. 1, Bell played in 52 of a possible 59 snaps against the Chiefs.Its pretty unique, Tomlin said. But were going to see a guy in (Jets running back) Matt Forte whos probably done it for over a decade. I thought a lot about Matt Forte as I stood at LeVeon Bells pro day and watched his balanced skill-set. In the running game, in the passing game, route running, ball handling and so forth. I thought about Matt Forte a lot, so were excited about having LeVeon Bell at our disposal. But, we also understand what were facing on the other side of the ball as we go into the stadium this week.Fortes versatility is equally important to the Jets. In addition to leading the team with 288 yards and three touchdowns on 81 carries, Forte has teamed with backup Bilal Powell to catch 26 passes for 186 yards. Utilizing safe underneath routes can help Fitzpatrick establish a rhythm and some confidence after appearing tentative against Seattle last week following a six-interception outing the previous week.The Jets are also short-handed at receiver, with Eric Decker and Jalin Marshall still recovering from shoulder injuries that sidelined them last week. With teams focusing on Brandon Marshall, Quincy Enunwa leads the team with 23 catches for 243 yards and a touchdown. Fitzpatrick is also increasingly looking to stretch the field to speedy rookie Robby Anderson, who got past Seahawks Pro Bowl cornerback Richard Sherman last week only to have Fitzpatrick over-throw him.If theres a silver lining to the historically dim playoff aspirations of 1/3 teams, it may be that the Jets have done it twice -- in 1991 and 2002. And the Chiefs reached the postseason after beginning last season 1-5.Weve shown that we can play against playoff teams, Marshall said. But we havent shown that we can beat them yet. China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen