Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ack[/url] [url=http://www.chinasoccerjerseys.c

in
Über uns
12.07.2018 06:35
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. -- Theres an old expression you hear from general managers every winter. It goes kind of like this:Buying is easy. Selling is hard.So for a team that hasnt held a storewide clearance sale in almost 20 years, you have to hand it to the Chicago White Sox. Theyre turning out to be every bit as good at this as Macys.Two days and two monster trades into their Everything Must Go sale, theyve made two of the best winter-meetings sell-off deals of modern times. And it has changed the face, and the direction, of their franchise. Already.I dont know where their farm system was ranked before this week, said one rival farm director Wednesday night. But its ranked really high now.One day after reeling in two potential superstars (Yoan Moncada and Michael Kopech) in the trade that sent Chris Sale to Boston, the White Sox didnt quite top that haul Wednesday, when they agreed to the stunning trade that shipped off?Adam Eaton?to Washington. But all three pitchers they received -- Lucas Giolito, Reynaldo Lopez and Dane Dunning -- have top-of-the-rotation upside.So if there was any doubt that the White Sox meant it when they started making noises last month about retooling, we would like to make this important announcement: No further doubting will be permitted by the proper authorities.This. Is. Happening. And guess what? Its not done happening, either.Theyre obviously not done, said a National League executive. [Todd] Frazier is probably next. Why keep him? And Id expect Jose Quintana to get moved. Once you trade Sale, whos one of the five or six best pitchers in baseball, thats what you do. You just keep going.So fasten those seat belts. They could all go now: Frazier and Quintana, Jose Abreu and David Robertson, and who knows how many more. They might not go this week, said White Sox general manager Rick Hahn. They might not even go this month. Some of them might not go until July. But its much more important to do it right, Hahn said, than to do it quickly.To truly appreciate the incredible work Hahn has already done, you need to take a step back and consider the perspective of recent franchise history. And by that we mean: They never, ever do this.Most of the guys theyve traded for this week were in preschool the last time their owner, Jerry Reinsdorf, signed off on Sell mode. That was in 1997, when Reinsdorf and pretty much the entire South Side was scarred permanently by what would forever be known as the White Flag Trade, which you should probably Google if youre not familiar with it.After all the abuse heaped on the franchises powers that be back then, it took nearly two decades for this team to be able to face reality and understand it was time, once again, to sell, sell, sell. But here we are.Its a decision that was actually made over a month ago. Hahn and executive vice president Kenny Williams gathered their most trusted scouts and decision-makers in their annual organizational meetings. And after several days of kicking around all their options, they came to a conclusion theyd been talking themselves out of for years.Theyd been patching the roof long enough. And the damned thing was still leaking.The direction they chose, Hahn said this week, doesnt fit with how we have acted over the last several years. Weve been in a more of a win now and patch and play type of situation.But of course, they werent winning. They hadnt enjoyed a winning season since 2012. They hadnt won a postseason game since 2008. They hadnt won a postseason series since Ozzie Guillen, Mark Buehrle and the boys swept the World Series in 2005.Meanwhile, that other team in town -- yeah, you know, that team -- was heading in a slightly different direction. So if this wasnt the time to go print up those For Sale signs, then when the heck was it?The last thing you want to be is caught in between, Hahn said. You dont want to be a club thats not good enough, not capable of winning a championship, but at the same time is just sort of mediocre or stuck in the middle.The funny thing is, though, that to pull this off, they had to do more than simply talk about rebuilding. They had to convince the teams they were talking with that this time, they meant it -- that this time, they were on the same page, all of them: Hahn and Williams and Reinsdorf. No kidding.At the GM meetings, another exec said, they were openly saying that this was what they were going to do. They were ready to rebuild and change the mix. And that told me that even Jerry was on board. Id never heard them say it before. This was the first time. They never said once, Were not trading Chris Sale. So this time, you had to believe they meant it.Yessir. They meant it, all right. And now theyve pulled it off. But it feels so strange, after all those years of going in the other direction, that even Hahn has to admit hes having a hard time handling all the praise hes getting -- for breaking up a team he built.The weird part for me, he said Wednesday, after announcing the Sale deal, is that we walk around here [and] you have a lot of people congratulating you. ... Its a little awkward -- because we traded Chris Sale. Thats not something you feel great about.Yes, but if youre going to sell, you might as well nail it. And two days into Sale-A-Thon 2016, Hahn and his front office have already proved theyve got the hang of this. Fortunately, this time, there isnt a white flag in sight. Nike Air Force 270 Triple Black . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Air Max 97 Silver Bullet Mens For Sale .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. http://www.cheapairmax270.us.com/cheap-air-max-2019.html . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. Cheap Nike Air Force 270 . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Air Max 270 Mens Black . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said.IVREA, Italy -- Benat Intxausti of Spain won the 16th stage of the Giro dItalia on Tuesday, and favourite Vincenzo Nibali retained the overall lead as the race entered the final week. Intxausti won in a time of 5 hours, 52 minutes, 48 seconds, along the hilly 238 kilometres (148 miles) from Valloire, France, to Ivrea beating Tanel Kangert and Przemyslaw Niemiec in a final sprint. Nibali, who finished third and second in his last two Giro dItalia races, maintained his lead of 1 minute, 26 seconds over Cadel Evans and remains firmly on course to win his countrys biggest cycling race for the first time. Mauro Santambrogio started the day fourth but lost more than two minutes to slip to sixth. Taylor Phinney was forced to retire midway through the stage due to saddle sores. The American had hoped for a stage win, while also working for team leader Evans. Intxausti, who briefly wore the leaders pink jersey in the race, moved up to ninth. "Today I can really say I enjoyed it," Intxausti said. "It seemed like the least appropriate day for me because the breakaway group looked like it was going to make it to the finish, and that makes it even more beautiful and special. The main favourites looked to each other on the downhill, and I took advantage of that to escape. "I knew Kangert was the most dangerous rider because he was always on my wheel. I kept my mind cold in the final kilometre and left all responsibility to Niemiec. I saw them glancing for a bit with 250 metres to go and I didnt wait, I jumped from the left side ... and it all went well. As soon as I crossed the line, I screamed with fury and emotion." Intxausti dedicated the victory to former teammate Xavier Tondo, who died in May 2011 after being crushed by his garage door as the duo were preparing to go on a training ride. Monday was a rest day following two tough mountain stages in atrocious weather conditions.dddddddddddd The stage started in France and, following several early attacks, a group of 16 finally broke away to climb Mont Cenis and build a lead of three minutes. The group increased to 22 riders as they crossed back into Italy after 78 kilometres (48.5 miles). The leading group held an advantage of more than five minutes, but the peloton upped its pace and the gap started dropping rapidly with 65 kilometres (40 miles) remaining. Several riders tried to attack from the front of the lead group but they were caught as the advantage over the peloton continued to fall. Wilco Kelderman, Emanuele Sella and Danny Pate led by more than 1 1/2 minutes heading into Ivrea, ahead of the circuit around the town and the final climb. They were caught by a group of five with 25 kilometres (15.5 miles) to go. Carlos Betancur attacked 18 kilometres (11 miles) from the finish as he rode the final climb up to Andrate, but that sparked a chase from Nibali followed by most of the other favourites. There were several small attacks at the front, but nothing significant until Niemiec, Kangert, Intxausti and Robert Gesink carved out a small advantage. However, disaster stuck for Gesink 1.8 kilometres (1.12 miles) out as he dropped back with a mechanical problem, leaving the other three to battle it out. They watched each other closely as they approached the finish. Niemec was the first to attack, but he made his move too early and was swiftly passed down the left by Intxausti, who held off Kangert. Wednesdays 17th stage is a flat 254 kilometres (158 miles) from Busseto to Cherasco. It could be ideal for Mark Cavendish -- who celebrated his 28th birthday on Tuesday -- to claim a fifth victory in this years race. The Giro ends May 26 in Brescia. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen