Image and video hosting by TinyPic

nfljerseys.net/]Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback[/

in
Über uns
12.07.2018 06:35
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Dont judge the New York Rangers by the scores of their two losses to the Boston Bruins. According to coach John Tortorella, the Rangers played much better in the Game 2 blowout than in their overtime defeat in the series opener. The bottom line is this: for the second consecutive series, New York has dug an 0-2 hole on the road and will need to rebound quickly at Madison Square Garden if the club hopes to extend this post-season run. "The first game, the score doesnt indicate the game," Tortorella said Monday. "We probably shouldve lost by more." The Rangers returned to practice one day before they will host the Bruins in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series. New York was looking to shake off its 5-2 loss on Sunday while focusing on the task at hand. "After watching the tape, which always helps me the next day one way or another," Tortorella said, "there were a lot of good things." Game 4 will also be in New York on Thursday. In the first round, the Rangers returned home after dropping two games in Washington and evened the series with a pair of wins at the Garden. The home team won every game in that series until New York took Game 7 in a dominating 5-0 decision. "We know we cant take them lightly," forward Brad Marchand said Monday after the Bruins practiced in Boston. "Weve got to make sure we go to New York being very hungry and ready to go out hard." History is hardly on the Rangers side. New York is 2-19 in series it trailed 0-2, and no NHL team has won consecutive series after losing the first two games. "You dont want to be down 2-0," Tortorella said. "We know what hole were in, but by no means is this a really bad thing. We need to win a game and try to get momentum on our side. "Last year, we had to win a couple in a row and we were going back and forth with wins and losses. Weve been in this situation for a long time the past couple of years. I am not worried about that. I just want to make sure we correct the things we need to correct, and I think well be OK." The Bruins are also well aware they still have plenty of work to do to reach the Eastern Conference finals for the second time in three seasons. Boston led Toronto 3-1 in the first round before being forced to Game 7. The Bruins then staged a three-goal comeback in the third period of the decisive game to get to overtime. Patrice Bergeron scored the tying and winning goals to help the Bruins survive and advance. The last thing they want to do now is give the Rangers a chance to seize momentum. "Its about realizing the series is not over until you win that fourth game. We know that," Bergeron said. "We know (Tuesday) is going to be a huge game. Theyre going to try to bounce back, and were expecting them to come out really hard. We need to make sure we match that. "Its going to be in their building so were expecting them to come out with a lot of energy and feed off the crowd." The Rangers are banking on the same thing. New York won three games at home against Washington, and figures to need three more against Boston to get out of this round. Star forward Rick Nash netted his long-awaited first post-season goal with the Rangers on Sunday. If that gets him going on a roll, New Yorks outlook will appear that much brighter. "Id rather trade that goal in for a win, so it doesnt matter," Nash said. "Anytime you play at home it seems like you create that energy off the fans. If you look at the good teams around the league -- and they are the teams that dont need it -- there is no excuses. It shouldnt make a difference whether we are home or on the road." One key factor for the Rangers is the play -- and health -- of goalie Henrik Lundqvist. He was back on the ice Monday after his rough game on Sunday, in which he also appeared to injure a shoulder. He was no worse for wear during and following the hour-long practice. "Everybody is sore," he said. Before Sunday, Lundqvist hadnt allowed five goals in 151 consecutive games, dating to a 5-2 loss at Anaheim on March 9, 2011. He also had never yielded more than three goals in any of his 31 previous games against the Bruins, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Lundqvist gave up 12 total goals in the first five games of the first-round series versus the Capitals before shutting them out in Games 6 and 7. Boston has already registered eight goals against him. "Its disappointing to give up five goals, but positioning-wise and reading the plays for the most part was good," Lundqvist said. "They made some good plays, too, and then there were some unlucky bounces and screens. "I could probably find excuses for the goals, but its not going to help my game. I just have to try to be better and work even harder to see pucks." Tortorella chalked up some of Bostons goals to "simple coverage" mistakes by his team -- errors he said were uncharacteristic and fixable. "It doesnt bother me, it surprises me a little bit," he said. "We beat ourselves. I am not disrespecting Boston by any means. We hurt ourselves in our play away from the puck, and I think that is one of the biggest strengths we have." The Bruins also expect to see the best of the Rangers once the series shifts to New York. "We always worry about the other team. We need to worry about ourselves," Boston coach Claude Julien said. "When we play well, were a good team and we give ourselves a chance to win. "We need to understand theyre going to be better. We also need to be better." Simeon Thomas Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Denzel Ward Jersey .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. http://www.brownsjerseyscheap.com/ . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Damion Ratley Jersey . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Antonio Callaway Jersey . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. It was the loss South Sydney had to have.Five weeks ago, after their 54-4 shellacking at the hands of Canberra - the clubs worst loss in 10 years - Rabbitohs bosses hauled the guillotine out of the shed at Redfern Oval and gave it a sharpen.Heads threatened to roll unless they could find an immediate response and, to coach Michael Maguires credit, he did just that.Assistant coaches Kurt Wrigley and Wayne Collins were told to move on but Maguire survived and will oversee the side in 2017.And now, he says the past month could prove a turning point for his side.Asked if his team should be playing finals football, Maguire said: I think all the teams that are above us deserve exactly what theyve got.Youve got to do it week in and week out to get in those positions and, unfortunately for us, we werent able to show that throughout the season. But we did in this last month.Weve had the highs and the joys but weve been through a tough season.I stated this a month ago, but it will be the making of us if we choose to.ddddddddddddnd after missing the finals for the first time in Maguires tenure, the Rabbits need to turn a corner.Their four wins to end the season, including Friday nights 28-10 drubbing of finals-bound Canterbury, will have the cardinal and myrtle diehards asking where was that all year?.The club has been far from settled all season - Dylan Walker was let go after the prescription drug scandal, recidivist offenders Paul Carter and Kirisome Auvaa were sacked after failing to heed warnings about their behaviour, while Luke Keary is bound for the Sydney Roosters following his pre-season bust-up with co-owner Russell Crowe.It was just an opportunity that we missed, skipper Greg Inglis said when asked to reflect on 2016.Thats for sure. Well sit back and reflect on what it takes to win a footy match in this competition each and every week. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen