Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ns an inning later.HE SAID ITEarlier in the day, players from both te

in Unsere Regeln 12.07.2018 08:36
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- As an 8-year-old in the Bronx, Vin Scully would grab a pillow, put it under his familys four-legged radio and lay his head directly under the speaker to hear whatever college football game was on the air in 1936.With a snack of saltine crackers and a glass of milk nearby, the red-haired boy was transfixed by the crowds roar that raised goosebumps. He thought about how much hed like to be at the game. As time went on, he thought hed like to call the action himself.His youthful aspirations came true at 22 when he was hired by a CBS radio affiliate in Washington, D.C. The following year, he joined Red Barber and Connie Desmond in the Brooklyn Dodgers radio and television booths. In 1953, at age 25, Scully became the youngest person to broadcast a World Series game, a mark that still stands.Now 88, Scully is heading into his final week behind the mic at Dodger Stadium before concluding his career on Oct. 2 in San Francisco, where the Dodgers end the regular season against the rival Giants. His 67 years with the Dodgers make Scully the longest-tenured broadcaster with a single team in professional sports.I will miss it, he said Monday. I know that dramatically.Scully discovered his lifelong love of baseball walking home from grade school. He passed a Chinese laundromat and saw the score from Game 2 of the 1936 World Series: Yankees 18, Giants 4.My first reaction was, `Poor Giants, he recalled, noting he lived near the teams home at the Polo Grounds and attended many games for free after school. Thats when I fell in love with baseball and became a true fan.Fittingly, his last game will be 80 years to the day he saw that score in the window.It seems like the plan was laid out for me and all I had to do was follow the instructions, Scully said.Has he ever.Though the years, Scully has entranced generations of baseball fans with his dulcet tones as he spins stories about the game and its players while working alone on the air. He still relishes the crowds cheers, a sound he says is like water out of a showerhead.Scully credits the birth of the transistor radio as the greatest single break of his career. In 1958, he accompanied the Dodgers when the franchise relocated to Los Angeles. Fans had trouble recognizing the lesser players during the teams first four years in the vast Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.They were 70 or so odd rows away from the action, he said. They brought the radio to find out about all the other players and to see what they were trying to see down on the field.That habit carried over when the team moved to Dodger Stadium. Fans at the games held radios to their ears and those not present listened from home or the car, allowing Scully to connect generations of families with his words.God has been so good to me to allow me to do what Im doing, said Scully, a devout Catholic who attends Mass on Sundays before heading to the ballpark. A childhood dream that came to pass and then giving me 67 years to enjoy every minute of it. Thats a pretty large thanksgiving day for me.The Dodgers plan to honor their second-longest tenured employee (behind former manager Tom Lasorda) starting Tuesday night with a Scully bobblehead giveaway.Friday is an appreciation day for Scully with a pregame ceremony featuring speakers from his career and a postgame fireworks show set to the top calls of his career.The first 50,000 fans at Saturdays game against Colorado will receive a limited edition solid bronze coin. On the front is an image of Scully with his signature greeting of Its time for Dodger baseball.In San Francisco, the Giants will honor Scully at his final game. Two Bay Area TV stations will carry an inning of his broadcast as stations in other cities have done this season.All the hoopla is a little embarrassing to Scully, who reluctantly allowed the Dodgers to rename the street leading to the stadiums main gate in his honor in April.Ive never wanted to get out in front of the game, he said.Scully was adamant about not having an extended farewell. To his surprise and delight, players and managers have come to him. Throughout the season, theyve made the long trek from the visiting clubhouse in right field to his fifth-floor broadcast booth in the press box named for him, bringing gifts.He is just a different human being, Cubs manager Joe Maddon recently said. Thats like the window to the world up there, just sitting in his booth. He is really kind and gracious. You have to be all of that to survive that many years and you have to be good.At the start of each series, the umpires turn to face Scullys booth and tip their caps to him.Im deeply touched and overwhelmed with gratitude, he said.For the last time at home on Sunday, Scully will open his broadcast with the same reassuring greeting: Hi everybody, and a very pleasant good afternoon to you wherever you may be.I dont think Im going to stress anything about me, he said. I will concentrate on Denver as if theyre challenging the Dodgers for first place. I think Ill be OK.When he walks away next month, Scully will go home to his wife, Sandi, and delight in the company of his 16 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. Hell still watch some baseball because a couple of his grandsons play.Ill try very hard to just stay back and be the very normal guy that I am, he said. I just want to be remembered as a good man, an honest man, and one who lived up to his own beliefs. Cheap Natrell Jamerson Jersey . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. Cheap Rick Leonard Jersey . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. http://www.saintsjerseyscheap.com/cheap-boston-scott-jersey/ . LOUIS -- St. Cheap Marcus Davenport Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Discount Saints Jerseys . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- Adam Conley missed out on all those fun military-related activities with his Miami Marlins teammates. After all, he had a game to pitch.He wound up leaving Fort Bragg Field with the memory of a lifetime -- a victory in front of thousands of cheering troops.Conley pitched six strong innings and the Marlins beat the Atlanta Braves 5-2 on Sunday night in a game played in a temporary ballpark on a U.S. Army post.I know, for me, this has been my favorite place to ever pitch in my life, Conley said. This is the most memorable place Ive ever pitched. ... An absolute honor that it falls on my day and that I get to start here.J.T. Realmuto homered and drove in two runs and Christian Yelich also finished with two RBI. He and Realmuto had run-scoring singles during a two-run fifth.Martin Prado added an RBI single in the seventh to help the wild card-contending Marlins earn a split of the four-game series and win the first regular-season game -- in any sport -- held at an active military installation.This game was played at a ballpark built from scratch in less than four months at the sprawling Army post thats home to 55,000 service members, including the famed paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division.Conley (5-5) allowed four hits in the Marlins best outing by a starter in a week. In Miamis previous five games, each starter allowed at least four earned runs and none finished the sixth.Matt Wisler (3-8) had six strikeouts for the Braves, giving him 15 in his last two starts, but he allowed three earned runs in six-plus innings.It was just, two strikes, he couldnt put a guy away, interim Braves manager Brian Snitker said.Realmuto led off the ninth with a towering homer to center field off reliever Tyrell Jenkins to put the Marlins up 5-0.They pulled within 1 1/2 games of the NLs second wild card and improved to 4-8 against the last-place Braves -- a mark thats still their worst against an NL East opponent. Two of those wins belong to Conley, who threw eight innings in a 3-0 win over Atlanta on June 22 in Miami.The Braves scored two runs in the ninth off A.J. Ramos on Erick Aybars RBI double and A.J. Pierzynskis sacrifice fly before Ramos struck out Jace Peterson to end it.In a joint effort from Major League Baseball and the players association, an overgrown golf course was cleared ouut and transformed into a major league-caliber field surrounded by temporary stands that were packed by 12,582 service members -- most of whom cheered and chopped for the local favorite Braves.ddddddddddddhe bad part is, we lost the game, Snitker said. The good part is, its something Ill never forget the rest of my life.Looking rather comfortable in such a setting, Wisler breezed through the first four innings before running into trouble in the fifth.Adeiny Hechavarria led off with a triple off the fence in center, then scored two batters later on Realmutos single to right that fell in front of a diving Nick Markakis. Prado then singled to center and Yelich followed with his RBI single to right that scored Realmuto.Prado made it 3-0 with his RBI single in the seventh and Yelich added a run-scoring sacrifice fly off Jenkins an inning later.HE SAID ITEarlier in the day, players from both teams took part in several military activities, including a parachute-packing exercise and some special operations that Pierzynski was asked about.His response: Were not allowed to tell you. Well have to kill you. (He was joking.)HE DID ITNew Marlins reliever Fernando Rodney pitched a perfect eighth, then did a hands-on-his-hips dance as he came off the field and the Rednex song Cotton Eye Joe blared on the loudspeaker.TRAINERS ROOMMarlins: 1B Justin Bour was out of the lineup a day after injuring his right ankle on a play at first base.Braves: IF Gordon Beckham went 2 for 2 with a double in a rehab start late Saturday night with Single-A Carolina, which plays 80 miles northeast of Fort Bragg in Zebulon. Beckham has been out since June 2 with a strained left hamstring.UP NEXTMarlins: RHP Tom Koehler (6-7. 4.45 ERA) faces the New York Mets in the opener of a three-game series. Hes lost two straight starts and has given up at least four earned runs in each.Braves: RHP Joel De La Cruz (0-1, 4.50 ERA) makes his second career start in the first game of a three-game series at Philadelphia. He gave up three runs in seven innings of a 3-0 loss to Cleveland on June 29.---Follow Joedy McCreary at http://twitter.com/joedyap. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/joedy-mccreary Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen