Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ations of his involvement became publi

in
Über uns
14.07.2018 10:08
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Twelve hours after his career-best 3 for 36 in his first ODI at home, wristspinner Tabraiz Shamsi was named in South Africas Test squad. And he wasnt letting much on.Test cricket is one of my aspirations so if I get an opportunity, I will take it on board and see how it goes, Shamsi told reporters in Port Elizabeth.The next morning, Shamsis dream came true. As one of two uncapped spinners in the squad and the one with international experience, Shamsi is more likely to debut in Australia than Keshav Maharaj, Dolphins left-arm spinner who is also in the squad. His first-class numbers suggest that he could be successful both as a wicket-taker and as a holding bowler if needed.Statistically, Shamsi has managed to combine the roles well. In the 2013-14 season when playing for Kwa-Zulu Natal Inland, Shamsi was the third-highest wicket-taker in the provincial three-day competition. He took 47 wickets at 20.02 and at an economy of 3.20. Last season, his breakthrough summer in franchise cricket, he finished as the joint second-highest wicket-taker in the Sunfoil Series, South Africas first-class competition, with 41 scalps at 19.97 and an economy of 3.29.Shamsis variations caught the eyes of the IPL, the CPL and the South African selectors who included him in a triangular series in the Caribbean in June. There, he played alongside Imran Tahir, who has become a mentor of sorts.Having Immi around is a blessing in disguise for me. Theres a lot I can learn from him, Shamsi said. He is trying to pass on the things he has learned to me, so that I can get it quicker than he did, because to know those things can take a good few years. He is the best guy to have around me. We speak quite a lot, about game plans and field placings, and all kinds of things.Another talking point could be Tahirs underwhelming Test career, which reached its lowest point in Australia. Tahir conceded 260 runs without a wicket in Adelaide and could not properly re-establish himself in the longest format. While South Africas strong pace pack was one of the reasons Tahir struggled to find his place, his own enthusiasm also undid him. He was criticised for trying too hard and not being discerning enough in making use of his repertoire. Shamsi, who also has several variations in his skill-set, may look to learn from the Tahir lesson.Both wristspinners have more in common than ability though, which may be why they get on so well. Tahir and Shamsi have both made names for being expressive on the field, with Tahirs sprint celebrations and Shamsis bus-driver impression becoming YouTube hits. And Shamsi has shown he can go the other way too. He had a fiery exchange with Matthew Wade during the fourth ODI and could have a laugh about afterwards.It (banter) does get me going, Shamsi admitted. There wasnt any fight. We were just discussing where we were going to have dinner and we couldnt come to an agreement. I enjoy that kind of stuff, it gets me going and it gets the team going.A Test series in Australia is certain to require more of that and South Africa may feel they have the earned the right to engage in on-field chatter. Even though Kyle Abbott played down an advantage the ODI series win will give the Test side, South Africas dominance will not go unnoticed but Shamsi confirmed they are wary of being overconfident. Winning and losing is a habit. We are winning now. The guys are confident. The group has a brilliant work ethic but we havent ever felt like weve done the job. Authentic Ben Zobrist Jersey . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. Authentic Mark Grace Jersey . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. http://www.cheapcubsjerseysshop.com/?tag=authentic-yu-darvish-jersey . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. Authentic Sammy Sosa Jersey . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Cheap Chicago Cubs Jerseys . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. LOS ANGELES --?USC?football players Osa Masina and Don Hill, both of whom are under investigation for sexual assault, will not play in the Trojans game against Utah State?on Saturday, coach Clay Helton announced Tuesday.The university is allowing them to go to class, practice and [football-related meetings], but they will not participate in the game this week, Helton said.According to details in a search warrant and affidavit obtained by ESPN from Los Angeles Superior Court, both players are accused of sexually assaulting a woman in Hills off-campus apartment on July 15. Masina is also under investigation for a second sexual assault of the same woman in Cottonwood Heights, Utah, on July 26.Neither has been arrestted or charged.ddddddddddddMasina was served with a search warrant on Aug. 25 to collect DNA samples and his cell phone, which he allegedly used to film himself having sex with the woman and later send the video to the womans ex-boyfriend through the social media application Snapchat, according to the affidavit.Four days after the search warrant was executed, Helton announced Masina would not travel with the team to Texas to play Alabama, citing a violation of team rules.Hill initially made the trip to Texas, but was sent home Friday after allegations of his involvement became public. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen