Image and video hosting by TinyPic

s was used in this report. [url=http://www.stitch

in
Über uns
15.07.2018 15:08
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

(STATS) -- Oh sure, there will be a lot of red on Saturday in the FCS national semifinal between Youngstown State and Eastern Washington.The red turf of Roos Field.The school colors of both teams.Any bare skin.The forecast for Cheney, Washington, is calling for a high under 5 degrees, so it may not be a day for the offenses -- Eastern Washingtons excellence notwithstanding.If it is a factor, its a factor, but who is going to handle it better? Eagles coach Beau Baldwin said. It will never be something where Ill come back and say the weather cost us a game. Ill say they handled the weather better than us. We need to decide who is going to handle it better and not make it a factor.The previous low game-time temperature for an EWU home game was 12 when South Dakota State visited in the 2013 second round.---=FCS Playoffs SemifinalThe Matchup -- Youngstown State (11-3) at No. 2 seed Eastern Washington (12-1)Kickoff -- 6:30 p.m. ET Saturday at Roos Field (8,600) in Cheney, WashingtonCoverage -- ESPNUSeries -- Youngstown State leads 1-0 (YSU won 25-14 on road in 1997 FCS semifinals)Coaches -- Youngstown State: Bo Pelini (16-9, two seasons; 83-36 overall); Eastern Washington: Beau Baldwin (85-31, nine seasons; 95-34 overall)Players to Watch -- Youngstown State: QB Hunter Wells (91 of 145, 1,199 yards, 7 TDs, 4 INTs), RB/KR Jody Webb (191 carries, 1,200 yards, 6 TDs; 25 receptions, 303 yards), DE Derek Rivers (48 TT, 15.5 TFL, 12 sacks, 18 QB hurries), LB Armand Dellovade (95 TT, 10.5 TFL, 5 QB hurries), S LeRoy Alexander (67 TT, 4.5 TFL, 4 INTs, 5 PBU); Eastern Washington: QB Gage Gubrud (368 of 537, 4,807 yards, 45 TDs, 12 INTs; 125 carries, 558 yards, 5 TDs), WR/PR Cooper Kupp (107 receptions, 1,520 yards, 15 TDs), WR Shaq Hill (75 receptions, 1,112 yards, 16 TDs), DE Samson Ebukam (68 TT, 13.5 TFL, 8.5 sacks, 6 QB hurries), LB Miquiyah Zamora (92 TT, 4.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks)What to Know -- The only previous meeting between these two FCS powers wasnt played at Roos Field (formerly Woodward Field) in the 1997 semifinals, it was held at Albi Stadium in nearby Spokane, and Youngstown State won the matchup on the way to capturing its fourth national title of the 1990s. The visitors from the Missouri Valley Football Conference are appearing in the playoffs for the first time since reaching the 2006 semifinals. The Penguins are having a tumultuous week as its been reported four or five unnamed players, including three regulars, have been suspended for the semifinal after testing positive for banned substances following the second-round win over Jacksonville State on Dec. 3. News of an arrest last week of second-leading rusher Martin Ruiz on a gun charge also emerged in Youngstown. The Penguins had to survive a mistake-filled, 30-23 win over Wofford in double overtime in the quarterfinals. Still, second-year coach Bo Pelinis squad has been the strongest unseeded team. Averaging 257.1 rushing yards per game, their game plan will be to run the ball with Webb and perhaps Tevin McCaster. Wells has been a steady decision maker at quarterback since replacing Ricky Davis as the starter on Oct. 29. His offense averages 27.1 points per game. The defense might be the best that Eastern Washington has faced this season, allowing just 18.1 points per game (seventh-best in the FCS). Rivers and Avery Moss (10 sacks) are a pair of All-MVFC defensive ends who have fueled YSU to an FCS-high 44 sacks. They will try to flush Gubrud from the pocket, so a secondary featuring Alexander and Jameel Smith will have to hold tight against the Eagles excellent wide receivers corps. The kicking game had been strong until Zak Kennedy missed three of his four field goal attempts and an extra point in the quarterfinal. Eastern Washington is the more explosive team as the Big Sky Conference co-champion averages 533.5 yards -- second-most in the FCS -- and 42.7 points -- third-most. Gubrud leads the FCS in passing yards and total yards (5,365) and is nearing school and conference records in both categories. The Eagles have had one of their better seasons despite replacing six seniors from last years offensive line. It helps to have the best wide receivers corps in the FCS, and Kupp, Hill and Kendrick Bourne (1,082) are all over 1,000 receiving yards. Kupp, who has 30 100-yard receiving games in his career, ranks first in Division I history in receptions (418), receiving yards (6,284) and touchdown receptions (71). Their maligned defense of recent years has matured into a solid unit over the second half of the season. The Eagles, whose program won the 2010 FCS title under ninth-year coach Beau Baldwin, posted their first shutout since 2009 when they beat Richmond 38-0 in the quarterfinals. Ebukam had a career day in the win and provides the senior leadership with Zamora (349 career tackles) and S Zach Bruce, who leads the team with 102 tackles. Kupps sophomore brother Ketner has stepped up his play at linebacker with 18 tackles in the playoffs while replacing an injured Alek Kacmarcik (lower leg). Both teams have excellent weapons in the return game.Up Next -- The winner will play either No. 4 seed James Madison (12-1) or No. 1 seed North Dakota State (12-1) in the FCS championship game Jan. 7 in Frisco, Texas.Prediction -- Eastern Washington hasnt scored less than 31 points and Youngstown State hasnt allowed more than 24 to an FCS opponent. Something will give on the red turf. Eastern Washington 28-19. Cheap Stephen Vogt Jersey . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. Cheap Eric Thames Jersey . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. http://www.cheapbrewersjerseys.com/ . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Cheap Robin Yount Jersey . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. Cheap Yovani Gallardo Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Washington general manager Mike Rizzo got into a shouting match with second-base umpire Jim Joyce in the hallway between clubhouses after the final out of the?New York Mets 9-7 win over the visiting?Nationals on Thursday night.It followed the Nationals attempt to rally in the ninth inning, which was thwarted when Jayson Werth was called for an illegal takeout slide at second base.You blew it, Rizzo said on his way to the Nationals clubhouse as he passed the umpire crew, which included Joyce, according to the New York Daily News.The call was upheld following a replay review, giving the Mets a double play after shortstop?Asdrubal Cabrera had made a diving stop of Daniel Murphys sharp grounder.Werth also had an aggressive slide into second earlier in the game, but the Mets chose not to challenge the call.Rizzo and Joyce then had to be restrained by Citi Field security and the other umpires, according to the Daily News report. Among their heated words, Joyce shouted to Rizzo to identify himself, which the Nats executive loudly obliged.I dont need it out there either. You want to yell? Yell, Rizzo said, according to the Daily News. Im right here.Youre the one that came up and talked to me, Joyce reportedly replied.Nationals manager Dusty Baker said the guidelines regarding slides into second base were tenuous.ddddddddddddI know Ive been told four or five different things from different crews about the rules, and last time, I was told it was going to be a common-sense-type thing, Baker said. I dont know how you teach young players now to break up a double play, because theres no such thing as breaking up a double play.Werth deadpanned that the play resulted in two outs before reflecting similar thoughts to Bakers.Well, I was out. So was the guy at first, I guess, Werth said, according to the Daily News. Big spot in the game there. I dont know. Its challenging because I feel like on some level, I had the same slide earlier in the game. I talked to Marvin Hudson, the third-base umpire, and we talked about the slide rule. It seems like everybodys got a different take on it. It seems like its inconsistent.To me, thats a clean slide. Its been a clean slide for over 100 years. There was no spikes involved. I was down early. If the rule is you cant make contact, then Major League Baseball needs to clarify that. Right now, I think its up to interpretation.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen