Image and video hosting by TinyPic

main Jacobs.ESPN Bengals reporter Coley Har

in
Über uns
19.07.2018 15:15
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. - Albert Pujols turned back the clock and pulled out the kind of majestic home run stroke that helped him hit 30 or more in each of his 12 previous seasons in the major leagues. There was no doubt about this one, and it couldnt have come at a better time for the Los Angeles Angels. Pujols hit a go-ahead homer in the eighth inning and drove in three runs, leading the Angels to a 4-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night. His ninth of the season not only got Jered Weaver off the hook, but also third baseman Alberto Callaspo, whose third-inning fielding error led to a pair of unearned runs. "I knew it was out of the park as soon as I hit it," Pujols said. "It just felt good because it gave us the lead. Even though Weaver didnt get the win, he pitched very well and gave us a chance to score some runs and come out with a win." Cubs starter Scott Feldman took a 3-1 lead into the seventh before former Texas Rangers teammate Josh Hamilton led off with a double and scored on Howie Kendricks third single of the game, which made him 8 for 18 against the right-hander. James Russell came in and retired the next three batters, including Callaspo on a sacrifice bunt. But Erick Aybar greeted Carlos Villanueva (1-4) with a leadoff single through the box, and Pujols drove his first-pitch homer over the double-decker bullpen in left field after Mike Trout flied out. "He wasnt supposed to even come close to throwing that pitch in that situation," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said with a tinge of disgust. "Somewhere down the line, we lost the scouting report from the bullpen to the mound." Villanueva was understandably downcast in the clubhouse talking about the 17th home run allowed by the Cubs bullpen. "It caught too much plate. Its as simple as that," Villanueva said. "If I make a better pitch there, maybe its a different result. But Pujols is a great hitter. I dont really have to say that. So to a hitter, you cant miss by that much over the plate in that situation. He did what he was supposed to do — put it in the seats." Pujols, who has hit 54 of his 484 career home runs against Cubs pitching, is batting just .244 with 35 RBIs in 57 games. After he struck out in the third inning, he was soundly booed by the crowd. "Numbers-wise, its nowhere where I want to be. But I feel like Im one swing away from turning things around," the three-time NL MVP said. "I dont give up, man. I take every game like its the last game of my career. I go out there every day, try to fight and get a good pitch to hit and hopefully do something to help the ballclub win. Yesterday and the day before, I put a good swing on the ball and didnt do the damage I should do. Its frustrating because I know Im not too far away from it." Robert Coello (2-1) pitched a scoreless eighth for the win and Ernesto Frieri got three outs for his 13th save in 14 attempts. Weaver struck out five and was charged with an earned run and six hits over six innings in his fourth start this season and second since coming off the disabled list. He is 0-2 with two no-decisions in four starts against Feldman, who spent his eight previous big league seasons with the AL West-rival Texas Rangers. "Hes got good stuff," Weaver said. "Hes kind of changed his approach over the years. He was a hard thrower and a mid-90s (mph) guy, and now hes mixing in that split-finger and that cutter a lot. So hes kind of developed into a great pitcher and hes obviously proven that this year. He kept our guys off balance, but we were able to battle back and get that big homer by Pujols to put us back on top." Feldman allowed two runs and six hits in six-plus innings. In his previous head-to-head duel with Weaver, on Sept. 19, 2009, Feldman beat him 3-2 at Texas for the 17th and final win of his best season in the majors. "You realize its going to be tough to scrape up runs against Weaver because hes one of the best," Feldman said. "Hes always going out there and leaving his heart on the field." The Angels, coming off an embarrassing four-game sweep by the visiting Houston Astros — the team with the worst record in the AL — won for the third time in nine games. The Cubs snapped a 1-all tie in the third after Callaspo fumbled David DeJesus leadoff grounder on the infield grass, his fifth error this season and fourth in three games. One out later, Weaver walked Anthony Rizzo and gave up an RBI single to Alfonso Soriano. Ryan Sweeney, who had three hits, delivered the second run of the inning with a two-out single — his first RBI in 26 career at-bats against Weaver to that point. Chicago opened the scoring in the first on a broken-bat RBI single from Nate Schierholtz with two outs, after Weaver hit Luis Valbuena with a 1-2 pitch and gave up an opposite-field single to Rizzo. The Angels tied it in the bottom half on Pujols sacrifice fly, after a leadoff double by Aybar and an infield hit by Trout. This is the Cubs second visit to Anaheim since interleague play began in 1997. They took two of three in 2004. NOTES: With another Los Angeles vs. Chicago confrontation going on up the freeway at Staples Center between the Kings and Blackhawks in Game 3 of the NHLs Western Conference finals, the baseball game drew 32,223 — 4,772 below the Angels season average. ... One catcher picked off the other at first base in the second inning when Chicagos Welington Castillo caught Chris Iannetta leaning too far off the bag with runners at the corners. ... This was the first of eight home games the Angels will play against NL Central teams. ... Three of Weavers four starts have been against NL teams. ... The Angels have committed 39 errors, second-worst in the AL behind Houstons 40. ... LHP Scott Downs relieved Weaver, pitching a perfect seventh inning with two strikeouts in his first appearance since May 26. Mark Jackson Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Isaiah Hicks Jersey . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. http://www.cheapknicksjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-anthony-mason-jersey . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Carmelo Anthony Jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Bernard King Jersey . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. The New York Giants have signed veteran cornerback Leon Hall.The deal is for one year and worth up to $2 million, a source told ESPNs Adam Schefter. Hall, 31, visited the Giants for a second time Wednesday. They wanted another look at his back after his offseason surgery.Hall impressed during his workout, and was choosing between the Giants and the Cincinnati Bengals. Hall said the Bengals, who drafted him in 2007, also made an offer.You can do pros and cons to a lot of situations, but I think that, for me personally, a lot of times, I go off my guts and instincts, if you will, Hall said. That is kind of how I felt about [the Giants].The Giants play the Bengals on a Monday night at MetLife Stadium on Nov. 14.?One of my friends had texted me about a game in November, Hall said. Its definitely something Ill be looking forward to. Theres no doubt about that.Hall is expected to compete immediately as the Giants slot cornerback. Trevin Wade has been running with their first-team defense this summer at that position.But defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo may have bigger plans in mind.Hes a versatile guy, Spagnuolo said. Hes an experienced vet. I think he can bring some things to the package that we can do to make us do some multiple things that maybe we didnt have a chance to do until this point. So Im excited about it.The Bengals first-round pick in 2007, Hall has started 121 games.dddddddddddd Hes been used primarily as a slot cornerback the past few seasons.Spagnuolo said Hall will be used inside to begin with in the Giants defense.Injuries marred much of the latter years of Halls time in Cincinnati. He tore both of his Achilles tendons in separate incidents during the 2011 and 13 seasons. Although he returned remarkably strong after the first tear, he has been a little slower getting back to form since the second one. Neither Hall nor his Bengals coaches would say whether he had lost a step after the second injury, but his role was scaled back.Hall played strictly at the slot corner position in 2015 after splitting more time there and on the boundary at earlier times in his career. He had surgery on his back in January.The back is feeling good, which is a great feeling, he said. Ive kind of just been quietly going to work and rehabbing every day, working out. So Im feeling good. I like where Im at right now.Hall believes he can step right onto the field and practice. Hes been back at full strength since April or May.In a corresponding move, the Giants waived cornerback Tramain Jacobs.ESPN Bengals reporter Coley Harvey contributed to this report. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen