Image and video hosting by TinyPic

sday in his NBA debut. [url=http://www.cheapncaajerseysdiscount.com/]Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale[/url] [url=http://www.jerseysnf

in
Über uns
24.07.2018 14:33
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

No American boxer has ever won two Olympic gold medals, but?Claressa Shields?is on the doorstep of history.Shields, the heavy pre-tournament favorite to repeat her gold-medal performance from the 2012 London Games, cruised to a four-round unanimous decision against?Dariga Shakimova, of Kazakhstan, on Friday in their 165-pound semifinal match at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.Shields, 21, of Flint, Michigan, will take on?Nouchka Fontijn, of the Netherlands, for the gold medal on Sunday afternoon.As she did in her quarterfinal match Wednesday against Russias Iaroslava Iaukushina, Shields was once again dominant in her second bout of the Rio Games.Shields, also the reigning world amateur and Pan American Games champion, started fast, going straight at Shakimova to make her intentions known early on. She fired right hand-left hook combinations throughout the fight, of which she controlled virtually every moment.At one point, Shields dropped her hands, daring Shakimova to come at her. When she did, Shields nailed her, backing her into the ropes.She landed punches to the head and body and never let up. As she did in the quarterfinal bout, Shields hurt her opponent with a left hook in the final seconds of the fight, forcing the referee to issue Shakimova a standing eight count.Shields was a tad rusty in her quarterfinal bout and gave herself a C when asked to grade her performance. She was much happier with the way she fought against Shakimova.I give it an A-minus, Shields said. I did great. I went out there and showed my skill. I went out there and showed my class. I showed I was the better, stronger and more skilled fighter. I actually could have stopped her, but I was having so much fun, I was like, Why do that?I decided to go out there and have fun in the rest of the rounds. I was able to start seeing a whole lot of shots come open in the third round. When she came out there in the fourth round, she knew she was down, so she started to come forward a little more, and I was able to counter and get her from there. I know I made it look easy, but thats because I did what I was supposed to do last night. I ate and I drank Powerade, a lot of water and I slept. I felt great. I felt energized. Im in the finals, but thats not enough. We still have one more.Shields said she began the fight with a more technical approach to see what Shakimova had for her. When she realized it was not much, she became more aggressive.In the first round, I was a little bit technical, Shields said. When I started seeing the openings, I started landing and landing. When she started to hold me, I would still punch her on the inside. I started going under her arms, around her arms. Anyway it went I was able to land my shots. I was landing some pretty hard shots. I think shes pretty brave for being able to stand up to those shots.Shields may have won both of her Olympic fights handily so far but she has one more win to achieve her goal of defending the gold medal.A lot of girls are here just to beat me, she said. Im here to win a gold medal, so them beating me is winning a gold medal to them, so they go out there and they fight a lot harder than their other opponents.Shields, who ran her record to 76-1, said a second gold medal will secure her legacy as the unquestioned greatest female fighter in the brief history of womens amateur boxing.The legacy is definitely important. I want to show that women boxers need to be respected on the amateur level and the professional level, she said. Also that people that come from where Ive come from or come from an area thats similar, dont let your surroundings create who you are or what your parents did or didnt do control who you are. Your life depends on your decisions and it depends on what you want to do.Growing up in Flint, there was so much darkness around me, but I still had a few good people around and thats how I was able to see things and become the person I am. I just want to show people that when you make your own decisions for your life, sometimes it plays out the way you want it to. I just want to help people, and I want to help them because what I grew up with and what I had to overcome was difficult, but look where I am now.The final against Fontijn -- who defeated Chinas Li Qian in the other semifinal -- will be a rematch from their bout at the world championships, which Shields won.Shes a really great fighter, Shields said. Shes very tall. I dont think she has the tools to beat me, but Im quite sure she went home and she worked on a few things. I worked on a few things also. Im definitely going to go out there and give it 300 percent and hopefully shes going to give her 300 percent. Let the best woman win. Albert Pujols Jersey .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Nolan Ryan Jersey . Once again, DeLaet finished tied for second at a PGA Tour stop on the weekend, this time at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The pride of Weyburn, Sask. http://www.cheapangelsjerseys.com/ . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Wholesale Angels Jerseys . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Cheap Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Jerseys . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. The Phoenix Suns are one of the youngest and least experienced teams in the NBA. Three of their first four opponents are among the top five teams in the Western Conference. Those are facts. But to at least one member of the Suns, there still is no excuse for losing.We cant keep saying schedule or age, guard Brandon Knight said of the Suns 0-4 start. At some point, we just have to do what were supposed to do and the wins will come. You have to be consistent and continue to be positive, and it will fall in place.Phoenix will be gunning for its first victory of the season Wednesday night when it plays host to the Portland Trail Blazers (2-2) at Talking Stick Resort Arena. The Suns are 0-4 for the first time since 1996, when they lost their first 13 games on the way to a 40-42 season. They are averaging a league-high 29.3 fouls per game.A lot of our games have been dictated by foul calls, Phoenix guard Eric Bledsoe said. We have to stop fouling so much.On Monday, the Suns got drilled 116-98 by the Los Angeles Clippers in a game in which they had 20 turnovers, 11 of them in the second quarter.Thats a lack of focus, Suns coach Earl Watson said. We cant let foul calls disrupt our rhythm mentally. We have to weather the storm and be mentally tough and play through that.The Suns hope to regain the services of guard Devin Booker, who missed the Monday game with a sprained toe.They will have the advanttage of facing Portland with the Blazers on the second of back-to-back nights after a 127-104 loss to the Golden State Warriors in Oregon.dddddddddddd Blazers guard Damian Lillard said the lopsided defeat should serve as incentive to play well.We should be excited about the opportunity to get back out there (Wednesday night) after the type of game we had tonight, said Lillard, who scored a game-high 31 points against Golden State.The Warriors broke open a tight game by outscoring the Blazers 41-20 in the third quarter. Portland made only 7 of 30 shots from 3-point range until Jake Layman and Noah Vonleh combined to sink 7 of 9 in the closing minutes of garbage time.You have nights like that, Lillard said after the game. The third quarter, we slipped up. We didnt communicate as well as we did the first half. We allowed (the Warriors) to get clean looks, and they got it going.When we arent making shots and they are, we have to be able to do the small things. Limit them to one possession, help each other out on off-ball screens, protect the paint, have a tighter shell on the weak side. We have to make it harder for them to make shots as well. Tonight, we didnt do that.Layman, a rookie out of Maryland, finished with 17 points in eight minutes Tuesday in his NBA debut. Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen