Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1994 to win LPGA player of the year, wh

in
Über uns
24.07.2018 14:33
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

METAIRIE, La. -- The New Orleans Saints, a half-century-old NFL franchise whose early decades were defined largely by bumbling ineptitude, have seen their share of losses marked by unlikely plays and surreal drama.The latest -a 25-23 loss against Denver decided by a blocked extra-point kick returned for a 2-point conversion -- repeated another scenario that has become all too familiar for the Saints in the past decade.It marked the fifth time since 2007 that the Saints (4-5) have rebounded from a start of 1/3 or worse to get to 4-4, only to lose their ninth game. The previous four times it happened -- in 2007, 2012, 2014 and 2015 -- the Saints never got above .500 and missed the playoffs.But the Saints want to believe this time will turn out differently over their last seven games. Some untimely mistakes may have cost them a narrow loss to the defending champion Broncos, but New Orleans players say there remains plenty of evidence that their turnaround has not by any means been derailed.Against the Broncos, the Saints had arguably their best game defensively this season, especially with their pass rush. They had six sacks after getting 11 combined in the first eight games. Cameron Jordan provided consistent pressure and had a team-high eight tackles, including one sack.I thought he played exceptionally well, coach Sean Payton said. It was probably one of his best games of the year. The pressure was significant. I think that really helped us in a lot of ways -- coverage-wise and obviously with the sudden changes that we had.The Saints twice intercepted Trevor Siemian and twice they forced Denver to settle for field-goal attempts after reaching the red zone.Although New Orleans had four turnovers and a slow start that yielded just three first-half points, Drew Brees was 21 of 29 for 303 yards against the NFLs top-rated pass defense. Brees was sacked just once by a defense that had 28 sacks in its previous nine games.Brandin Cooks finished with 98 yards on three receptions. But fellow wide receiver Michael Thomas, a rookie second-round draft choice, lost two fourth-quarter fumbles, the first of which set up a tying touchdown and the second of which led to a field goal that gave the Broncos a 23-17 lead shortly before Brees and Cooks connected on a 32-yard TD that briefly tied the game at 23.A No. 1 pick in 2014, Cooks has emerged as the Saints leading receiver the last two seasons. He said he called Thomas, who has been the most productive rookie receiver in the NFL, on Sunday night to check on him.Hes doing good, Cooks said. Stuff happens and you learn from it. As young guys we learn to bounce back. Im going to continue to push him and be there for him.The Saints have a quick turnaround as they prepare to visit NFC South rival Carolina on Thursday night.We lost a game that left a bad taste in our mouth, Jordan said. Its good that we get a fast chance at redemption.The Saints beat the Panthers 41-38 on Oct. 16 in the Superdome.The best thing that can happen for us is the next game coming up in four days, Cooks said. The best thing for this team is to get back to doing what we need to do, especially against a division opponent.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Patrick Patterson Jersey . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. Dakari Johnson Jersey . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. http://www.cheapthundersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-nick-collison-jersey . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. Shawn Kemp Jersey . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. Cheap Oklahoma City Thunder Jerseys . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. ST. ANDREWS -- Stacy Lewis felt such a spiritual connection with St. Andrews that even when she was three behind with three to play, she never lost hope she could win the Womens British Open. No way could she have scripted a finish like this. Facing the scariest shot and the hardest hole on the Old Course -- the approach to the 17th, the famous Road Hole -- Lewis pictured a low 5-iron that a right-to-left wind would knock down and allow to bounce up the slope toward the flag without going over the back of the green. "Its one of those shots you see in your head, but you dont really ever pull it off," Lewis said. "And just off the club face, it was perfect." The ball settled 3 feet away for birdie, the best shot of the tournament, maybe the best of her career. Then, she wisely used putter from 40 yards short of the 18th green, through the Valley of Sin to 25 feet. Lewis bent over and placed both hands on her knees after making the putt, a birdie-birdie finish that gave another special moment at the home of golf -- her second major title. Lewis saved her best for the final two holes of a marathon finish Sunday and closed with an even-par 72 for a two-shot victory over Na Yeon Choi and Hee Young Park. It ended a record drought for the Americans in the majors -- 10 straight, all won by Asian players. "Its unbelievable," Lewis said. "It all happened so fast at the end. Youre afraid for every shot, and all of a sudden you make a couple of birdies and its over." It was over early for Inbee Park and her bid to become the first pro golfer to win four straight majors in a single season. Returning to the Old Course in the morning in calm conditions to complete 14 holes of her third round, she couldnt make a putt and lost ground. Park had a 74-78 finish and wound up 14 shots behind. "Im really relieved," she said. "I really enjoyed this week, every moment I was here. But its tough to be in the centre of everything for a week, and I feel exhausted." The last time Lewis was on these hallowed grounds of golf was in 2008 for the Curtis Cup, her final event as an amateur, and she went 5-0 in her matches to lead the Americans to victory. The love affair continued this week, and her second big win at St. Andrews was even sweeter. "I love the golf course more than anything. I love the history. I almost felt like I was meant to be here," Lewis said. "I think I was happy being here all week, and I was comfortable. And I think thats a lot of the reason Im here right now." Having the silver trophy at her side also required no less than her best golf over 36 holes Sunday. The wind wasnt as bad as Saturday, when 40 mph gusts suspended play and forced 20 players go to 36 holes Sunday. But it was strong enough in the afternoon that Lewis was the only player at par or better from the last 21 groups that teed off. Choi had a three-shot lead with six holes to play until she had a pair of three-putt bogeys from 80 feet. Her hybrid was too strong on the 17th and hung up on the collar of rough at the back of the green. She missed a 6-foot par putt that ended her chances,, and she closed with a 73.dddddddddddd Choi saw that Lewis had posted at 8-under 280, she just didnt know how she got there. And she couldnt believe it when she heard. "She got birdie on 17 and 18? Thats huge, especially this golf course," Choi said. "I feel like I missed a couple putts out there, but still, shes playing well. Shes playing better than me. I think thats why she won. I think I have to accept that." Hee Young Park, one of four players who shared the lead at some point in the final round, had three straight bogeys on the back nine and shot 73. Morgan Pressel had the 54-hole lead after a 71 in the wind-delayed third round that was played Sunday morning. Pressel was one shot behind until a double bogey on No. 12, and she never caught up. Pressel shot 76 and tied for fourth with Suzann Pettersen (74). The consolation for Pressel was earning the last spot available from the world ranking to make her third straight Solheim Cup team. It was the second time the Womens British Open was played at St. Andrews, and Lewis provided another quality winner. Lorena Ochoa won in 2007. Lewis last year became the first American since Beth Daniel in 1994 to win LPGA player of the year, which is based on a points system. Then, she won twice early this season to reach No. 1 in the world. That lasted only until Park won the first major and kept right on going. Sunday was another stage for Lewis to show her grit. She was diagnosed with scoliosis when she was 11, so severe that she wore a back brace for 18 hours every day from age 11 until she got out of high school, and then had to have surgery when that didnt correct the curvature in her spine. She went on to win an NCAA title at Arkansas, star at St. Andrews in the Curtis Cup and then take the 54-hole lead in her first U.S. Womens Open as a pro. Lewis won the Kraft Nabisco in 2011, the last American major champion in womens golf until her remarkable performance Sunday. Nothing was more impressive than her 5-iron on the 17th, one of the toughest par 4s in golf that starts with a blind tee shot over the corner of the Old Course Hotel. Lewis drilled it in the middle of the fairway, and couldnt remember how far she had for her second shot. With the wind, it didnt matter. This is the kind of shot that must be felt, and her 5-iron was hit with the right trajectory and line to catch the slopes perfectly and feed toward the hole. "That might be one of the best of my career," Lewis said. Oddly enough, it was Lewis who said she would like to play the role of spoiler at St. Andrews to stop Inbee Parks bid for history. With the trophy at her side, Lewis marveled at what Park had accomplished this year. "I dont know if youll ever see three in a row again," Lewis said. "Thats pretty incredible." Lewis now is at one in a row, headed to the Solheim Cup in two weeks on a high, and then to France in September for the fifth and final LPGA Tour major at the Evian Championship. She didnt mind losing the No. 1 ranking because Park earned it. Lewis looked strong enough Sunday at St. Andrews to believe she can get it back one day. Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen