Image and video hosting by TinyPic

w.cheapchinajerseysfrew.cheapchinajerseysfre

in
Über uns
27.07.2018 06:47
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Lane Kiffin was only 31 when the Oakland Raiders provided his first opportunity to become a head coach, and he insisted that he was ready.He was wrong.And he probably wasnt ready to coach Tennessee at 32 or USC at 34, either.Now 41, and freely acknowledging that hes made more than a few mistakes along the way, Kiffin thinks hes truly ready this time to lead a program -- and Florida Atlantic is betting hes right. Kiffin signed his five-year contract to become the Owls new coach on Tuesday, a deal paying him $950,000 annually and coming with a stiff buyout if he wants to leave anytime soon.The things you go through, if you look at them the right way and you learn from them, they make you stronger, Kiffin said. I know that sounds like a line, but they do. Ive got a unique life with a lot of unique experiences, but that makes me so much better prepared and so confident about doing this. Probably 10 years ago, I wouldnt have gone about this the right way. But you change.Hell live a double life for the next few weeks. Kiffin is still the offensive coordinator No. 1 Alabama -- hes going to be there for Tide coach Nick Sabans 7:30 a.m. staff meeting in Tuscaloosa on Wednesday -- preparing for a College Football Playoff semifinal against Washington on Dec. 31 while trying to build a staff at FAU.Some major changes await. Kiffin once counted 48 people at an Alabama staff meeting; there is no way to get 48 people into what will be his staff room at FAU. But in three years under Saban, Kiffin learned from one of the best in the college game and plans to incorporate those lessons in sunny Boca Raton.People grow up, FAU athletic director Patrick Chun said. Its a small enough industry where you can call people, we have mutual friends who would tell me what they think. We spent two three-hour settings together and the good thing with Lane, you dont have to spend a minute evaluating the football piece. This was about fits, values, who are you ... thats where he won me over.Kiffin poked plenty of fun at himself Tuesday, referencing some of his well-known past squabbles with coaches such as Urban Meyer and how Saban seemed to have a penchant for giving him a number of ass-chewins during his three years with the Tide.Chun said hes certain FAU is getting a more humble, less brash Kiffin -- who has family in Florida, including his father, longtime coach Monte Kiffin.He simply wanted to be the next head coach of FAU more than anyone else we talked to, Chun said.At Alabama, Kiffin was part of a program that has been ranked every week and no lower than No. 3 in any of the last 21 installments of the AP Top 25. At FAU, he inherits a program that has won 15 games in the last four years and has never received a single vote in the AP poll.FAUs last home game this season drew less than 6,000 fans. With Kiffin, the Owls expect plenty of extra eyeballs.The school in the world that is trending most on Twitter in the last 24 hours is FAU, school president John Kelly said.Kiffin becomes the fifth coach in FAU history, after Howard Schnellenberger, Carl Pelini, Brian Wright and Charlie Partridge. The Owls are giving Kiffin $1.7 million for assistant coach salaries, and his buyout starts at $2.5 million in the first year and decreases by $500,000 in each subsequent year.Kiffin went 5-15 with the Raiders in 2007 and 2008. He was 7-6 at Tennessee in 2009, then bolted for USC -- where he went 28-15 in parts of four seasons. The Owls hope both sides can revive the other; FAU went 3-9 in each of the last three seasons and hasnt been to a bowl since 2008.It was very obvious that Florida Atlantic is committed to winning and committed to doing it together, Kiffin said. At Florida Atlantic, we will see great things happen. For us to do the impossible, we have to see the invisible.Kiffin met with the FAU players on Monday night, about two weeks after Chun met with them to tell them why he fired Partridge and promised hed deliver the best coach to lead FAU forward.He felt that was a promise kept.I was able to present to our team the best coach possible, Chun said.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Brooks Robinson Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. Cheap Orioles Jerseys . PAUL, Minn. http://www.cheaporiolesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-darren-oday-jersey . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. Wholesale Orioles Jerseys .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Frank Robinson Jersey . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. LAS VEGAS -- Chicago Bulls?coach Fred Hoiberg still cant speak publicly about the acquisition of Dwyane Wade since it hasnt become official, but Hoiberg?admits he and his staff have started watching film to see how new point guard Rajon Rondo will fit around All-Star swingman Jimmy Butler and Wade, the former Heat star.As a staff, were in the process of watching a lot of film, going back to how certain teams played when certain players were on the floor, Hoiberg said before the Bulls first summer league game. I played on a team in Minnesota with Kevin Garnett, Latrell Sprewell and Sam Cassell. You had three guys who could go get you a bucket at any time. Depending on what the matchup was, thats who we went to. It worked. It was a little shaky at first. I think we were .500 after 20 games. But once we figured out, we really took off. The thing Im really excited with our team next year is the amount of playmakers were going to have. Thats what the offense is all about, having guys who can get in the paint and spray it out. We still will try to get as much shooting on the floor as we can. But Im excited about this team.Specifically, Hoiberg seems excited to coach the enigmatic Rondo. Hoiberg said he and Rondo watched film together during the point guards visit to Chicago and affirmed he is looking forward to working with the point guard.Im really excited about Rajon, said Hoiberg, who is entering his second year as the Bulls coach. Hes a guy who can get into the paint and make plays. Obviously, being a guy who led the league in assists last year, averaging almost 12 and 12. What Im excited about is how smart and cerebral a player he is, how he can survey the floor and make the right read coming down. The more playmakers you have and the more guys who can get into the paint, the better off you are.The Bulls surprised many around the league with the additions of Rondo and Wade, but Hoiberg and the Bulls front office are at least outwardly confidennt that the pair will work together alongside Butler.dddddddddddd Along with the front office, though, Hoiberg didnt want to publicly commit to Butler as the leader of the team when given the opportunity.Its a team sport, Hoiberg said. Were not talking golf or tennis here. Weve got to have five players on the floor out there meshing together. Jimmys one of the top players in the world right now, and I know hes excited about the moves that we made this offseason. Hes excited to get out there. He has a great opportunity in front of him these next couple months with Team USA, and hes excited to get to Chicago after that and get to work with his teammates. So yeah, its a team game.After the Bulls dealt Derrick Rose to the Knicks before the NBA draft, Bulls GM Gar Forman said his team needed to get younger and more athletic. Two weeks later Forman and the Bulls stunned many around the league by adding the two high-priced veterans. When he was hired last season, Hoiberg was sold as an offensive innovator who would get the ball moving up and down the floor. By adding Rondo and Wade, the Bulls added two of the worst 3-pointing shooting guards in the league. Still, Hoiberg is hopeful that he will find a way to make it all work.I think thats what coaching is all about, is to figure out what the best system is based on the talent of your players, Hoiberg said. When I was in college, I had a lot of fifth-year transfer kids and guys who were in there for one year. The big thing we tried to do is make the style fit the personnel. I played a different style pretty much every year I was there, at least the first three. Its about molding your system and philosophy to whos going to be on the floor and hopefully play unselfishly. Its still predicated on ball movement. And again, if you have multiple playmakers, that helps everybody. Camo China NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen