Image and video hosting by TinyPic

erseyscheapwholesale.com/]Wh

in
Über uns
01.08.2018 15:28
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

With more than 700 hate incidents reported since the recent presidential election, a significant part of America stands tense and fearful. It is at times like these that we expect our educational leaders at institutions of higher education to share wisdom and help calm the storm. But if you look at who is in the leadership positions there, they are overwhelmingly white and male.The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport at the University of Central Florida continues to research and report on racial and gender equality in sports. Today, we are releasing our report -- Collegiate Athletic Leadership Still Dominated by White Men: Assessing Diversity Among Campus and Conference Leaders for Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) Schools in the 2016-17 Academic Year -- assessing the racial and gender makeup of key leadership positions.In the 2016-17 report, 88 percent of our presidents, 86 percent of our athletic directors, 89 percent of faculty athletics representatives and 100 percent of our conference commissioners were white. In those positions, 76, 79, 63 and 90 percent were white men, respectively. Overall, whites held 341 (88 percent) of the 388 campus leadership positions reported in this study, which was a slight decrease from 89 percent in 2015.As we release this annual report, I think of hearing from one of our graduates, an African-American woman who is so talented and smart that we wanted to hire her at the NCAS. She shared with me that someone at the post office yelled, Heil Hitler. I was alone with that man and the two postmen behind the counter. They laughed and proceeded to tell me that they couldnt mail my letter and every post office was out of stamps for me.As we release this annual report, I watch with horror the increasing number of hate incidents and overall unrest in our country. Throughout my life, I have seen incredible advances in the rights of women and people of color, but the recent climate has led me to wonder what the future holds for the next generation.Those who are parents are genuinely fearful for their childrens safety. How could they not be? Each year, as I conduct research for this report, I am hopeful the results will show increased representation for women and people of color in the leadership roles at the FBS schools. If there were more women and people of color in the decision-making positions at our colleges and universities, they would be helping to address the issues that are continuing to boil up on the surface.The NCAA met and deliberated about the shockingly poor record of hiring practices in college sport and decided to adopt the Pledge and Commitment to Promoting Diversity and Gender Equity in Intercollegiate Athletics in September 2016. It is a strong call and has been signed by many presidents. The criticism is that the pledge is not binding and there are no sanctions for not improving the hiring record of a university athletics department. We can hope that the pledge and the strong backing of President Mark Emmert will lead to change.But I think we need what I have called The Eddie Robinson Rule, patterned after the NFLs Rooney Rule, with built-in sanctions to stop more years of overwhelmingly white men leading us in higher education. We need people of color and women in the candidate pool for all leadership positions on our campuses.As a child of the civil rights movement, I grew up in a family fighting for equal opportunity and the human rights due to every human being. However, at this moment, division and animosity appear to dominate our country.I have personally experienced the power sport has to unite people of all cultures and backgrounds. I believe colleges and universities must take advantage of the power they have to foster camaraderie and continue to fight for equality. Student-athletes have a major role to play in standing up for justice so the establishment cannot block its path.We release this report not to add to the contentious nature of these issues but to inform America of the continued pattern of under-representation of women and people of color in our society. The FBS D-1 Leadership reports main objective is to challenge all colleges and universities to mirror the diversity of their students and student-athletes in their campus leadership positions.Women and people of color who seek leadership positions in American higher education and college sports face enormous odds. This years report presents 19 women as presidents, and nine as athletic directors. Among people of color, there are 15 who are presidents and 16 who are football head coaches out of 128 FBS institutions. That number is about to go down as it is being reported that Charlie Strong, the coach at the university of Texas, is being fired. As we move toward college football playoffs, bowl games and the national championship, these poor numbers stand in stark contrast to our college football student-athletes, which are comprised of 58.7 percent people of color.In the DeVos Sport Business Management Program that I chair, and at the National Consortium for Academics and Sport, which I helped found more than 30 years ago, we always talk about using the power of sport to heal communities. The most recent example was after the nightmare of the Pulse Nightclub shootings, when the Tampa Bay Rays, Orlando City Soccer and, most recently, the Orlando Magic dedicated games to the victims and first responders. I am proud that it was our DeVos alumni who prepared the production of those events at all three sites. The City of Orlando and its sports teams took the despair and did something about it.I spent 50 years of my life working to bring people together. My wife, Ann, and I have done that together for the past 30 years. Bridging gaps. Talking about love conquering hate and love leading to forgiveness. Yet the morning after the 2016 presidential election, I did not know what to do. I felt helpless.But as the day went on, I heard from more than 15 former students and spoke to a dozen current students. Among them were women, African-Americans, Latinos and Muslims. Gays and lesbians. My family had been texting back and forth all day. The path became more clear. We need to do what we do best and work relentlessly with even more determination than in the past to fight against injustice and discrimination.Through the NCAS, we have been doing diversity and inclusion training for nearly three decades. For many of those years, we did a pretraining survey, and the biggest distinction between the opinions of white men, white women, black women and black men was that white men and women overwhelmingly felt that affirmative action discriminated against them. However, black men and women, by between 70 to 80 percent, felt that affirmative action did not discriminate against white men or women.The surveys we did after our training showed significantly different opinions in all four groups. White men and women felt less threatened by affirmative action, and black men and women were more sympathetic to the apprehension that white people had shown about the effects of affirmative action. Bridges were built. Bridges were and are possible now.We cannot sit on the sidelines. To use a sports analogy, we need to be in the game for social justice. I ask our student-athlete leaders, professional athletes and coaches to continue doing that if they already are, and perhaps add more emphasis. If you are not already involved, take this as an opportunity to pick an issue you are passionate about and help a local group advance that cause.We can do something about social justice in America. Our childrens future is at stake. We can all fight for that, no matter whom you voted for in the election. We need our leaders in higher education to help show the way, but that leadership needs to look more like America. We have a lot of work to do.Richard E. Lapchick is the chair of the DeVos Sport Business Management Graduate Program in the College of Business Administration at the University of Central Florida. Lapchick also directs UCFs Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport, is the author of 16 books and the annual racial and gender report card, and is the president of the National Consortium for Academics and Sport. He has been a regular commentator for ESPN.com on issues of diversity in sport. Follow him on Twitter @richardlapchick and on Facebook at facebook.com/richard.lapchick. Jets Stitched Jerseys .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago. Folorunso Fatukasi Jersey . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. http://www.authenticjetsshopnfl.com/trenton-cannon-jersey/ . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. Wholesale Jets Jerseys . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. Authentic Jets Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. NEW YORK -- The Kansas City Royals are getting a healthy dose of National League baseball on their first trip to Citi Field. While some of them are familiar with that style of play, they are a bit out of practice with it. Royals manager Ned Yost found the perfect time to use pinch-hitter Jason Maxwell, and he responded with the tiebreaking homer in the 12th inning to lift Kansas City to a 4-3 victory over the New York Mets on Saturday. Kansas City squandered a two-run lead in the eighth inning, but got back to a winning way just one day after its nine-game winning streak was broken. "I got ready like three different times," the newly acquired Maxwell said of his fifth major league pinch-homer and first of any kind since joining the Royals last week from Houston. "I think it helps that I have experience in this situation. My first home run was a pinch-hit grand slam, and I hit three pinch-hit home runs last year." Maxwell homered deep into the left-field seats leading off the 12th for the Royals, who improved to 8-2 in extra innings after losing in the 11th on Friday. Maxwell hit a 3-2 pitch from David Aardsma, who had fallen behind 3-0. The New York bullpen had been perfect after starter Jeremy Hefner left after six innings, but Aardsma couldnt retire the first batter he faced. "You cant get behind like that because then you have to give him something to hit," Aardsma said. The Mets lost hours after putting All-Star third baseman David Wright on the disabled list with a hamstring injury. Wright hurt himself running out an infield hit Friday night and is expected to miss 3 to 5 weeks. "Its disappointing," he said. "I kind of came to the realization that I wasnt going to be able to play today and probably not the next day. I will hopefully get this thing healthy as quickly as I can and get back on the field." Kelvin Herrera (4-5) earned the win with three innings of relief in which he walked one and struck out three without giving up a hit. "I was able to throw breaking balls for strikes, and my changeup was really good," he said. "I pitched 3 1-3 (innings) in the minors earlier this year, but this was my longest outing here. You have to be ready to pitch whenever youre asked." Greg Holland got the final three outs in the 12th for his 29th save in 31 chances and 22nd straight. Aardsma (2-1), filling in while closer Bobby Parnell is sidelined with a sore neck, blew the save in the ninth inning Friday night before the Mets came back to win on Eric Young Jr..dddddddddddd homer. "Role has nothing to do with that," Aardsma said. "Its my pitches. Its attacking first pitch. Up here Im not thinking of anything about any role, Im just trying to execute my pitches, and I didnt do that." The Mets, 9-3 in interleague play, provided the comeback Saturday by scoring two runs in the eighth on Josh Satins two-run single against Aaron Crow. Bruce Chen put the Royals in position to win, pitching six strong innings. He gave up four hits, struck out eight and didnt walk anyone in his fourth start of the season -- all since July 12 -- to lower his ERA to 2.03. He is 1-0 with three no-decisions as a starter and has gone exactly six innings in each outing. Chen even singled and scored a run in the Royals three-run third. "That three-run inning ended up being really huge for us, and I was glad to be a part of it," Chen said. "It felt really weird running the bases, I havent done that in a long time." Chens only blemish was Daniel Murphys home run leading off the second inning. George Kottaras got that run back to start the Royals three-run third by homering off Jeremy Hefner, who was originally scheduled to pitch Sunday. Because of bullpen injuries, the Mets are going back to a five-man rotation until Jonathon Niese returns from a shoulder injury. Hefner also worked six innings, allowing three runs, eight hits -- including the 20th homer of the season. He walked no one and struck out six. Hefner is 0-3 with two no-decisions in his past five starts. He gave up a total of 21 runs in his previous three outings. After Murphy gave the Mets a 1-0 lead in the second with his ninth homer, the Royals came right back to grab the lead. Kottaras fifth homer just eluded leaping Marlon Byrd in right field. Chen, Lorenzo Cain and Eric Hosmer followed with singles to load the bases, bringing up usual designated hitter Billy Butler, who made a rare start at first base. Hefner struck out Butler, but Alex Gordon gave the Royals their first lead of the series with a sacrifice fly to deep right. Miguel Tejada added an RBI single, the second of his three hits. NOTES: The Mets recalled OF Mike Baxter from Triple-A Las Vegas to replace Wright on the roster. He flied out as a pinch-hitter in the 10th. ... Hosmer moved from first base for Butler and started in right field for the first time this season. Butler made his seventh start at first. Hosmer replaced him in the seventh. ... Hefner is 0 for 30 batting this season. He was 2 for 20 last season with a home run. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL T-shirts ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen