Image and video hosting by TinyPic

.com/]Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys[/url]

in
Über uns
01.08.2018 15:29
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

DENVER -- Yasiel Puig is the National League player of the month for June, and its hard to argue with that one. When it comes to the rookie outfielder making the All-Star team, thats causing some debate. The Los Angeles Dodgers phenom keeps setting records to start his career, winning NL player of the month on Wednesday to become the first player to capture the award in his inaugural month in the majors since it was started in 1958. The 22-year-old slugger also captured the NL rookie of the month award by hitting .436 with seven homers and 16 RBIs in June. His 44 hits were a Dodgers rookie record for a month. Hes been so sizzling at the plate that some are talking about putting him on the NL team for the All-Star game. The idea has sparked some conversation throughout baseball. Philadelphia Phillies reliever Jonathan Papelbon recently aired his opinion in an interview with MLB Network Radio. "To me, its an absolute joke," Papelbon told the network. "The guys got a month. "Just comparing him to this and that, and saying hes going to make the All-Star team, thats a joke to me." Puig takes it all in stride. He said recently through his translator that he really doesnt care if he plays in the game. "If the fans vote for me, thats OK," said Puig, who signed a $42 million, seven-year contract last summer. Nothing Puig accomplishes on the field anymore really comes as a shock to Dodgers manager Don Mattingly, who has seen just about everything from the Cuban defector and simply expects it now. No really, he does. "Youre getting to be where you kind of expect him to do something all the time," said Mattingly, who compares his slugger to a young Ken Griffey Jr. "If he doesnt get a hit or get on base, youre like, Whats going on? Its amazing." Puig is only the fifth player to win both awards in the same month since the rookie honour was introduced in 2001. The last player to accomplish the feat was Los Angeles Angels outfielder Mike Trout in July 2012. "Whatever league that Im in Im going to do the best I can," Puig said Tuesday after going 3 for 5 with a homer to begin July just as torrid as he left off in June. Puig certainly left quite an impression on Rockies reliever Adam Ottavino, who served up his solo homer on Tuesday. Ottavino tried to throw a slider low and away to Puig, only to have him hit it over the fence in the deepest part of Coors Field. "Its not a pitch you get hit for a home run that often. It was impressive," Ottavino said. "Hes so strong. Thats evident. I really dont think he got all of it and it went really far. "When he hit it, I saw his bat flip, so I knew he thought he got it. I didnt think he got it. When I turned around, I was like, Oh, yeah, I guess he did get it." Authentic Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. Wholesale Football Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. http://www.kentuckywildcatsjerseys.us/ . PAUL, Minn. Cheap Basketball Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. John Calipari Jersey . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The pitching matchup for Sundays game between the New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Angels at Angel Stadium reflects the teams conflicting approaches to reconstructing their rosters.Right-hander Chad Green represents the Yankees immediate focus on youth. But another right-hander, the Angels Jhoulys Chacin, belongs to the squadron of stopgap solutions for an injury-riddled pitching staff.Green comes off one of the best performances by a starting pitcher in the Yankees history. In just his fifth major league start, Green the first 13 batters he faced, amassed 11 strikeouts in six shutout innings, conceded just two hits and issued no walks Monday night in a 1-0 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays.The 25-year-old compiled the most strikeouts by a Yankees rookie since Masahiro Tanaka struck out 11 Seattle Mariners in 2014. Green also became just the second rookie pitcher in team history to compile at least 11 strikeouts without permitting a walk or a run. Stan Bahnsen pitched a three-hit shutout with 12 strikeouts against the Boston Red Sox in 1968, the year he was named the American Leagues rookie of the year.Greens start Monday night marked the beginning of his fifth stint with the Yankees after being promoted from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.Each time, he took his demotion the right way and said, OK, this is what I need to work on, and Im going to get better, New York manager Joe Girardi said. Hes got good stuff and his stuff has developed this year.Part of that development includes the rapid improvement of his slider.It was terrible, Green told the New York Times. It was pretty much non-existent. But the strides with that pitch have been huge.dddddddddddd I didnt really change the grip too much. I think it was more like a mind-set. Just being more confident with it was huge.Chacin, meanwhile, has experienced little success after the Angels acquired him from the Atlanta Braves in May.The seven-year veteran has lost five consecutive starts since his last victory June 14. But after being sent to the bullpen in mid-season, Chacin collected 20 strikeouts in eight relief appearances covering 17 2/3 innings while allowing just five runs, 11 hits and five walks.When Chacin returned to the rotation, however, that effectiveness evaporated. In his two starts since his return, the right-hander gave up 11 runs, 13 hits, five walks and a hit batsman while collecting just two strikeouts and pitching only six total innings.Against the Mariners in his last start Tuesday night, Chacin threw 88 pitches in 4 2/3 innings, allowed four runs on seven hits, walked two, hit one and struck out two. Seattle scored all four of its runs against Chacin with two out.He had trouble closing out innings, Los Angeles manager Mike Scioscia said. It usually comes down to one pitch. The more a team gets looks when theyre ahead in the count, theyre going to put better swings on pitches.The Angels will play without Yuniel Escobar, who began Saturday ranked second in the American League with a .320 average and ninth with a .368 on-base percentage. The veteran third baseman went on the seven-day disabled list for concussions after bunting a ball off his nose in the fourth inning of a 7-0 loss Friday night. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL T-shirts ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen