Image and video hosting by TinyPic

f we can push a lot o

in
Bewerbungsbereich
03.08.2018 04:34
von zxlbxj1 • 304 Beiträge

The "new" Winnipeg Jets arent quite so new anymore as they enter their fourth season at the MTS Centre. For general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff, that means that the grace period for fans is over and the appetite for a post-season berth has been on the rise. In conversation with TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, Cheveldayoff took on the question of how he plans to steer the Jets to their first post-season appearance in their new era. "We need to take a step in a lot of different areas. I think (using) the draft and develop model that we have said we are going to employ, weve got (Jacob) Trouba and (Mark) Scheifele that are products of that. Both had good starts last year to their pro careers and obviously were looking to them to continue to take steps," Cheveldayoff explained. "We were the third-youngest team, I think, in the National Hockey League last year and were probably roughly going to be around that again. When you are that young collectively youre looking to take steps in a lot of areas. Weve made a commitment to a very young leadership core...and we believe that as those guys can grow and keep moving together that that is ultimately going to be our strength down the line." The successful stewardship of those young players is being left to the head coach, Paul Maurice. Claude Noel was dismissed midway through last season when the team struggled to a 19-23-5 record, but the Jets improved to an 18-12-5 finish under Maurice. "Weve made obviously a substantial change in the philosophy of the organization when we hired Paul Maurice. And were really looking forward to having him at the helm from training camp right at the beginning of the season," said Cheveldayoff. "We think weve seen a lot of players that played very well under Paul and were looking forward to having him at the helm right from the start." McKenzie asked Cheveldayoff what kinds of differences Maurice brings to the club. "Hes a very good communicator, hes very direct and I think that hes someone where what you see is what you get each and every day," said Cheveldayoff. "Hes got the experience of all the games hes coached at a very young age. I think that his diverse experiences in the game, both successes and failures, I think hes grown from them. (He has the) ability to relate to a lot of different players, from stars to third- and fourth-liners alike." It all starts in goal for the Jets with incumbent Ondrej Pavelec back in goal for another season. With play that has been hot and cold at best over the past couple of seasons, Cheveldayoff acknowledged that more will be expected from the 27-year-old netminder. "We have to earn the opportunity to get to the playoffs. Certainly with Ondrej, he knows that hes a year older, hes a year more experienced, and hes going to have to look at those challenges that he faced last year and grows from them and grow with them." One of the young stars the Winnipeg will be relying on is Evander Kane. At 23, the Vancouver native is coming off a season in which he had 19 goals and 22 assists in 63 games and Cheveldayoff feels he has put himself in position where he can excel in the new campaign. "He had a healthy summer and trained exceptionally well, whereas last summer he had a couple of things that he had to take care of from an injury standpoint. "There is a certain amount of self-reflection that will have to go on (with all of our players) and hes a young player when it comes to age and hes an experienced player when it comes to years in the league. Were looking for young players to take the next step, him included." Cheveldayoff also weighed in on last weeks news that in an interview, teammate Blake Wheeler called out Kane as a the player who could step up his play and be a leader for the Jets. "From what I understand those comments certainly came in the context of...we all have to (step up). We meaning the players," explained Cheveldayoff. "I think we all have to, and I think...theres a level where (each player) can be better. I dont look at those things as any one individual thing. Its a matter of there being a lot of players on this team that do care, and theyre going to put their hearts on the line." Winnipegs lone addition to their NHL roster over the summer came in the form of centre Mathieu Perreault. Signed to a three-year, $9 million deal as an unrestricted free agent, Perreault should add some offensive punch to the Jets after registering 18 goals and 25 assists last year with the Anaheim Ducks. "Hes a real good complementary player to a lot of different things. Hes good on faceoffs, hes got some good quickness in his short game, and (age-wise) we think theres still room for growth in his game," said Cheveldayoff. "So were excited about having a bit of a different look down the middle with Bryan Little, Mark Scheifele, him, and a healthy Jim Slater...we think well be a much deeper team there." McKenzie asked Cheveldayoff when he knows that a player is ready to take the next step in his play. "The players ultimately decide where things are, they ultimately decide if theyre ready. Certainly coaches, management, youre always having those group discussions to see, but when a player is ready and steps up his game and shows it then you have to take a real serious look at that. "Youre in it for the long term...certainly the excitement (that young players) can generate in the short term can be intoxicating, but I think you really have to look over the 82-game stretch. Can they play? What roles are they going to play? We want them to continue to have the confidence to grow. Like most general managers, Cheveldayoff isnt afraid of going the trade route should he find a potential asset on another roster. "We have certainly explored (the trade) avenue on several different occasions and I think its not a matter of if you want to or dont want to, it depends if the timing is right and you have a willing partner that makes sense. Certainly (trading) is not something that we are averse to. When the time is right something will happen." So what will be the keys to Winnipeg having a successful season? "Knocking down the goals against. All successful teams have to fall into that category - I think thats the first and foremost thing. I think (it would help) if we can push a lot of the other categories into the top 10s of the league, whether its penalty kill or power play or faceoffs," said Cheveldayoff. "I (also) still think theres a lot of growth (to be achieved) for a lot of our players. For the Andrew Ladds and the Dustin Byfugliens, I dont think weve fully reached the pinnacle of where theyre at in their game. Because again, at age 27 or 28 theyre just entering their prime." Aaron Colvin Jersey . With a victory seemingly slipping away late in the third quarter, his quick scoring flurry helped Golden State regain control early in the fourth. Keke Coutee Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.thetexansfootballpro.us/texan...rsey-authentic/. - Tom Brady and the Patriots routed the Bengals and quieted the doubters. Justin Reid Texans Jersey . -- LaMarcus Aldridge returned to the Trail Blazers lineup, happy to know that things didnt go awry without him. Sammie Coates Texans Jersey .A. Happs hold on a spot in the Blue Jays starting rotation is in question.There was no shortage of big names moved over the final 24 hours before the NHLs trade deadline. But at the same time, several of the prominent players who were most talked about ahead of the deadline frenzy ended up staying put after 3pm et on Wednesday. Front and centre on that list was Ryan Kesler, who was not dealt by the Vancouver Canucks despite rumours of strong interest from a number of NHL teams - especially the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Canucks did not get the package they were seeking to trade the 29-year-old centre. "We entertained multiple offers in multiple situations and none of them fit with our long-term vision," explained Canucks general manager Mike Gillis after the deadline had passed. "When youre under-performing like we are, you get calls from lots of teams about lots of players." With two years remaining on his contract at $5 million per season, Kesler was an attractive target for teams as a cost-effective two-way veteran who could add some scoring punch. After the deadline passed Kesler still had the endorsement of his head coach. "Kesler has been our most consistent and hardest working player. I dont have to say a word to him," said head coach John Tortorella. In Calgary, many expected forward Mike Cammalleri to be traded for the third time in his 10-year NHL career. But the 31-year-old remains with the Flames despite being eligible for unrestricted freee agency this summer.dddddddddddd Flames president of hockey operations and acting general manager Brian Burke explained afterwards that the team will continue to talk to Cammalleri about a contract extension. "I think Mike Cammalleri has been an ultimate professional," said Burke. "Prices on all the packages dropped. We reacted and dropped our price but nothing made sense for us." In New Jersey, there was speculation that Martin Brodeurs career-long tenure with the Devils might have been coming to an end with the 41-year-old eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Playing primarily as Cory Schneiders back-up this season, Brodeur was thought to be willing to waive his no-trade clause if general manager Lou Lamoriello had interest in moving him. But as the deadline passed, Brodeur remained with the Devils to complete his 20th season and Lamoriello was not happy about the rumours that had circulated about his veteran netminder. "Its just a shame that without no substance at different times and no facts that people say things," Lamoriello said. Lamoriello was not even willing to disclose if Brodeurs name had come up in trade talks at all. "Why are we dealing in hypotheticals, I have no idea," Lamoriello said. "Its not the case. So why we react and try to look for something thats no there and create a story out of nothing." Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen