Image and video hosting by TinyPic

n on Safarovas 10th double fault of the match.Bouchard has faced criticism, mostly to do with losing touch with her home fan bas

in Unsere Regeln 06.08.2018 06:53
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Eugenie Bouchard reconnected with her hometown fans with an impressive first-round victory at the womens Rogers Cup on Tuesday.A large crowd at Uniprix Stadium was solidly behind the Westmount, Quebec, native throughout her 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (3) win over Lucie Safarova, the pre-match favorite ranked 28th in the world to Bouchards 41st.They roared as Bouchard came back from a 3-1 deficit in the tiebreaker with six straight points, taking the win on Safarovas 10th double fault of the match.Bouchard has faced criticism, mostly to do with losing touch with her home fan base since her spectacular 2014 season when she reached the Wimbledon final and rose to No. 5 in the world.It did not go over well last week when, after losing her first match in Washington, D.C., she talked about visiting museums in the U.S. capital rather than go home to the craziness in Montreal.Bouchard had a change of heart because she not only headed north right away, but participated in off-court events with fans and ended uncertainty over her Olympic plans by saying she will represent Canada in Rio de Janeiro.Then she pulled off a thrilling and unexpected win on center court.Bouchard dominated the opening set, completing her second service break with a pinpoint backhand down the line, only to see Safarova find her service range and rally in the second.They held serve through the third, although Bouchard let three match points slip away while leading 6-5, 40-0, giving Safarova momentum going into the tiebreaker.Bouchard will next face the winner of a match between Dominika Cibulkova and Mariana Duque-Marino.It did not go so well for Aleksandra Wozniak of Blainville, Quebec, who lost 6-4, 7-6 (4) to Italys Sara Errani.Errani, ranked 25th in the world, posted four service breaks in the first set of the center court matchup of 29-year-old baseliners. Errani, coming off a quarterfinal on clay in Sweden last week, led 4-2 in the second when Wozniak had her best moments battling back to force a tiebreaker.Wozniak was ranked 21st in 2009, but has slipped to 465th after a series of injuries, including major shoulder surgery. She lost in the first round for a second week in a row, having fallen to Jessica Pegula last week in Washington, D.C.I think it was a close match, playing the No. 25 in the world, said Wozniak. I thought I played well.I had some opportunities to turn it around. But Im happy with the performance going forward after this long period of time which I didnt play such a high level of tennis.Erranis next opponent is 14th seed Karolina Pliskova, who got past Kateryna Bondarenko 3-6, 6-2, 7-5.The third Canadian in the 56-player draw, Francoise Abanda of Montreal, went up 6-1, 4-1 on Chinese qualifier Saisai Zheng, but then had to battle to take the second set 7-5. The 19-year-old Abanda, ranked 272nd to Zhengs 66th, posted her first Rogers Cup win in three tries. She will face 17th seeded Elina Svitolina in the second round.Abandas match was moved to center court after French Open champion and third seed Garbine Muguruza withdrew with a digestive illness, Her scheduled opponent, British qualifier Naomi Broady, instead was matched against lucky loser Varvara Lechenko in the second round.Even though (Monday) I couldnt play because of the rain, I kind of didnt feel well, said Muguruza, who plans to stay on and get over what is considered a minor illness. Call the doctor and everything -- I dont feel well.Today I went to the court to warm up, but I didnt really feel 100 percent. At the last moment of the match, I start to warm up again and Im like OK no, no, I dont feel (well enough) to go on the court and give my best.A matchup of the Madisons looms as 10th-seeded Madison Keys breezed by Elena Visnina 6-4, 6-0 and will face fellow American Madison Brengle in the second round. Keys has won all three previous meetings.Lucky loser Christina McHale of the U.S. posted a 6-4, 3-0 win over qualifier Shuai Zhang, who retired in the second set. McHale will next face 16th-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, who defeated Yulia Putintseva 6-4, 1-6, 7-5.Andrea Petkovic of Germany downed Alize Cornet of France 7-6 (1), 6-3 to advance to a second-round meeting with 12th seeded Petra Kvitova.Daria Kasatkina beat Misaki Doi 3-6, 6-3, 6-1 to set up a meeting with 13th-seeded Samantha Stosur, while Monica Niculescu beat Jelena Ostapenko 3-6, 7-5, 6-1 to advance against fourth-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska. Authentic Taron Johnson Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Cheap Bills Jerseys China . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. http://www.cheapbillsjerseysauthentic.com/ . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. Cheap Buffalo Bills Jerseys . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. Authentic Wyatt Teller Jersey . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Melky Cabrera may have had a shortened game in his debut with the Buffalo Bisons, but he made a very real mark on an opposing pitcher before he was done. Cabrera, the Toronto Blue Jays outfielder recovering from left knee tendinitis, went 1-for-3 over seven innings in the first triple-A game on his rehab assignment, a 2-1 win over the Toledo Mud Hens Friday night. He did not take his left field position for the eighth inning after a 46-minute rain delay. The hit, a sharp liner in the third inning, appeared to whistle just past the head of Toledo pitcher Jon Link and into centre field. Link, however, said after the game that the ball struck him. "It got me," said Link, who appeared in nine Major League games in 2010 with the Los Angeles Dodgers. "It went off the side of my head. It didnt blur me or daze me. If it was an inch to the left, I would have been in a world of trouble." Cabrera, who initially flinched and held his hands up to his head thinking he had injured Link, left the Buffalo clubhouse early and was unavailable for comment. "I didnt see his reaction," Link said. "I was trying to get out of the way. That ball was coming back in a hurry. When I first threw it, it looked like he was going to take it. He sure didnt take it." Buffalo manager Marty Brown had a balanced view of Cabreras overall performance. "He moved around the outfield real good," Brown said. "He stilll looks a little bit hampered on the bases.ddddddddddddHe didnt look his normal self. But thats not to be expected right away." Brown did not provide a timetable for Cabreras return to Toronto. "Id like to evaluate him after I see him for a few games rather than just one," Brown said. "It wasnt like when hes totally healthy." Cabrera, who has been on Torontos disabled list since June 27, also flied out to left field in the first inning and grounded out to second base in the fifth. In the field, Cabrera handled three fly balls without any trouble. Brown decided on keeping Cabrera off the wet field once play resumed after the rain delay. "Why take a chance on him slipping and having a setback?" Brown said. "I would have loved to see him hit one more time, but its not worth the risk." Prior to his injury, Cabrera played in 78 games with Toronto and batted .278 with three homers and 29 RBIs. He started his rehab by playing two games with Dunedin and three with double-A New Hampshire before coming to Buffalo. In five games in the lower rungs of the minor leagues, Cabrera batted .294 with five hits in 17 at-bats. The game marked Cabreras first triple-A appearance since playing in 15 contests for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees in 2008. Buffalo took a 2-0 lead in the first inning as Mauro Gomez hit his International League-leading 26th home run, a two-run shot that scored Munenori Kawasaki. Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen