Image and video hosting by TinyPic

basketball.com/]Cheap Basketball

in
Über uns
07.08.2018 15:12
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

TROON, Scotland -- With his cap on backward, Billy Horschel placed his ball on the tee and smashed his drive down No. 18 without even taking a practice swing.After the biggest second-round collapse in British Open history, the American might already have been thinking of home.The cut mark dropped to 4-over par late Friday after a flurry of high scores in the wind and rain among the afternoon starters at Royal Troon.Bubba Watson and Danny Willett, both Masters champions, made clutch putts at the last hole to make the weekend. Others, including Horschel, were too far gone by the time they reached the 18th.Horschel, who began the second round at 4 under, made four double bogeys or worse and shot the high score of the day, 14-over 85. Only one player in British Open history had a larger differential than Horschels 18 shots between the first and second rounds. Robin Davenport went from a 94 to a 72 in 1966 at Muirfield.No player has had a bigger meltdown over the first two rounds, and Horschels 18-stroke variation is the biggest at the Open since Colin Montgomerie went 64-84 in his second and third rounds at Muirfield in 2002.Horschel wound up on 10 over par.Former champion Louis Oosthuizen, who lost out to Zach Johnson in a three-man playoff at St. Andrews last year, made 9 on the par-4 11th and shot 12-over 83. The South African had a 12-over total and, as the world No. 14, was the highest-ranked player to depart.The only time Oosthuizen had a score better than par over his 36 holes was his hole-in-one on No. 14 in the first round.Shane Lowry, the 54-hole leader at last months U.S. Open, battled hard to shoot an even-par 71 in the afternoon but was undone by his opening-round 78.I played like Ben Hogan today and Hulk Hogan yesterday, Lowry said.Two-time Open champion Ernie Els would have made the cut with a par on No. 18. He drove into a fairway bunker and made bogey.Hideki Matsuyama of Japan covered his face with his cap after shooting 78 in his second round. Playing in a standout group with Rory McIlroy and Watson, the 17th-ranked Matsuyama had an 8-over total.Former Open champions Justin Leonard, Todd Hamilton, and Mark Calcavecchia all missed the cut. As did another, Ben Curtis, who visited three separate bunkers and took six shots in the sand to make 10 on the third hole. He shot 83.Paul Dunne was the joint third-round leader at St. Andrews in 2015, when he was an amateur. He didnt make the weekend in his first Open as a professional after shooting 77-78. Wholesale Jerseys China . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. http://www.cheapjerseysusaauthentic.com/ . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Cheap Jerseys Authentic . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. NFL Jerseys China Cheap . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Seattle has struggled to win on the road over the last month, losing 10 straight capped by a ninth-inning meltdown in the Mariners series-opener against the Kansas City Royals.Some strong pitching and a bit of fortune helped them break their long road skid Friday night.Hisashi Iwakuma pitched into the seventh inning, Seattle scored the go-ahead runs on Yordano Venturas wild pitch and the Mariners held on to beat the World Series champions 3-1 to even the four-game set.Iwakuma (9-6) allowed one run, five hits and three walks over 6 2/3 innings, striking out six. He kept the Royals off balance with his usual herky-jerky delivery, the only run he allowed coming on Cheslor Cuthberts base hit in the fourth inning.Overall I was able to make good pitches, location-wise, and execute when I needed to, change speeds, go back and forth, Iwakuma said through an interpreter. Especially with the breaking ball I was able to go from strike to ball and they were chasing those pitches and it made it very helpful from my end.Steve Cishek, who blew the save the previous night, allowed Salvador Perezs homer in the ninth before finishing off the inning. It was his 21st save of the season.Yesterday was tough. I felt really good yesterday. Its just baseball, he said. I wanted a chance to go back out there and, if I had the chance, give the team the win to make up for it. It got a little sketchy there. I didnt think he hit that that well, but, you know, I was able to finish it off.Ventura (6-6) was nearly as stingy as Iwakuma, giving up only a sacrifice fly to Ketel Marte in the fifth, before things unraveled for him after Seth Smiths single and Robinson Canos double in the sixth.Nelson Cruz stepped to the plate and nearly gave Seattle a three-run homer, sending a pitch soaring down the right-field line. First base umpire CB Bucknor initially signaled home run, then signaled foul ball, then decided that he wasnt quite sure and met with the rest of the umpires.I lost it. I think that happened to the umpire, too, Cruz said. I had no clue.After a review, tthe ball was declared foul and Nelson dug in again.ddddddddddddhis time, Venturas pitch got past Perez and bounded away, allowing Smith to score from third base and tie the game 1-all. Perez threw the ball away trying to get him out at the plate, allowing Cano to also score -- the star catcher was given an error on the play.I was pitching good up to that point, I got two quick outs in that inning, Ventura said. I lost concentration and got a little bit behind the count, gave up a couple of hits and then came that play.The Mariners used three relievers to get the game to Cishek, who bounced back from Perezs home run to retire Paulo Orlando and Cuthbert and help snap Seattles road losing streak.Thats the beauty of baseball, Cishek said. You play so many games that if you have a bad outing you have an opportunity to get back out there the next night.HOME SWEET HOMERoyals manager Ned Yost has given up trying to explain his clubs bizarre home-road split -- they began the day 28-11 at Kauffman Stadium, best in the majors, but are just 16-30 away from the spacious ballpark. They average five runs at home and just over three on the road. Its puzzling, Yost said, but theres not anything you can point to other than were just not producing.TRAINERS ROOMFelix Hernandez will return July 20 against the White Sox. He is slated for a rehab start with Class-A Everett on Sunday. When asked what directions he would give Hernandez upon his return, manager Scott Servais replied: Go pitch. Have fun. Hernandez went on the DL on June 1 with a right calf strain.UP NEXTRoyals RHP Edinson Volquez tries to continue his dominance of Seattle when the teams continue their four-game set Saturday. Volquez is 4-0 with a 2.38 ERA in six career starts against the Mariners. Hell face Mariners LHP Wade Miley, who is 0-2 since his return from a left shoulder injury. Miley is 4-1 with a 2.91 ERA against the Royals, throwing a shutout against them on April 30. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen