Image and video hosting by TinyPic

later. Coleman said in March that there had to b

in
Über uns
07.08.2018 15:13
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

MARGAO -- When Eder produced his moment of magic to win the European Championships for Portugal, he sent a whole nation into jubilation, scarcely believing what they were seeing; 4500 miles away from the Stade de France, a group of 150 people watching in a sports club in Goa echoed their celebrations and their disbelief.Eders goal kicked off the party at the B.P.S Sports Club in Margao, and across a state that has worn its Portuguese connections with pride and emotion. Named after Bernardo Peres de Silva, the first Goan to be Governor during the Portuguese rule, the club was all prepared, with giant-screen TVs, to support the home team.Over the course of 120 minutes, the crowd went through a rollercoaster ride of emotions, lustily cheering Ronaldo, shocked into silence at his injury and early exit, booing Dmitri Payet, whose tackle had led to the injury. The tension grew thicker as the match progressed but the late goal prompted an outbreak of hugs and smiles as Portugal were crowned European champions.We have huge Portuguese support here in Goa, Conrad Baretto, owner of the largest sports community in Goa, the football dug out, said. I have been arranging screenings for more than two years and Brazil, Portugal and Germany have the most supporters here.The Portuguese ruled Goa for 450 years, leaving on 19th December, 1961 - celebrated since then as Liberation Day. Culturally, though, the Portuguese have never left; their customs and traditions remain, in the food, the language, the laissez-faire and in the football.The youngsters do not have that connection, but the adults do, Conrad said. My grandmother is Portuguese, but I only speak a little bit of the language. The current generation shift their interest in teams and change their support to Germany for example, but if you go to Nostalgia (a restaurant in South Goa), you find the hard core Portugal supporters.Chef Fernandos Nostalgia, to give it its full name, is owned by possibly the most passionate Portuguese fan in Goa: Margarida Tavora e Costa. Margarida, half Portuguese, set up the restaurant with her husband Fernando. Ahead of the final, they had prepared a special menu and dressed their staff in red T-shirts. The primary ingredient, Bacalhau, the salted cod thats the staple of Portuguese cuisine, had been imported from Portugal, as was the De Reino olive oil.The menu included Bolinhos do Bacalhau (fish cutlets) as a starter with Bacalhau a bras ou a gomes sa (fish with onions and potatoes) as a main course and Serradura as dessert. These are all authentic Portuguese dishes we will serve for lunch and dinner today celebrating Portugals entry to final. We are very passionate football lovers and today we are happy to serve our customers authentic Portuguese dishes Margarida said.Champs, a sports store in the heart of Margao, was similarly decked out in Portuguese jerseys, flags, stickers and scarfs. Red and green everywhere. Everybody supports Portugal, Dennie Noronha, the showroom manager, said. Once the World Cup or the European Cup starts, most people in Goa support Portugal or Brazil. Some also want to facepaint and some want a Portuguese sticker for the car.As we were speaking, two women came in and bought a Portuguese flag. I asked them why. The answer was unambigious: We just love Ronaldo.The Portuguese introduced football in Goa, says Francisco Mascarenhas (81). When I was in school we used to play football every day. That was the beginning. All the students were trained to play and it gradually developed. In those days I used to enjoy watching Eusébio. He was my hero. All the Goans during that time had a connection with him.Fransiscos family are what you call the definition of a Portuguese-origin family in Goa. While his observations say a lot about the infatuation of football in the state, his son- in-law gives some more insight.The Portuguese promoted their football through religion. Priests were also involved in the game. If you have noticed most Goan football players have traditionally been Catholics, and this was established through the church, Jesus Ribeiro, a financial consultant in Goa, said.This is probably why the greatest football players from Goa are Clifford Miranda, Climax Lawrence, Joaquim Abranches, Alvito DCunha and Bruno Coutinho. The demographic is changing though, as witnessed by the emergence of Mahesh Gawli and Samir Naik.As the sun rose on Margao, Portugals victory was still being talked about and Ronaldo was being compared - favourably, of course - to Messi for the hundredth time.By sunset Goa will return to its susegad lifestyle - the word, adapted from Portuguese, sums up the laidback nature of this coastal state. For the Goans, this victory means much more than a European Cup. The elders are rekindling memories of their younger days and planning on phoning friends and relatives in Portugal; the young are perhaps listening to these stories in person and creating memories of their own.A continent away from the Stade de France, football has scored another winner. Cheap Jerseys . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . - Connor McDavid scored 53 seconds into overtime as the Erie Otters came from behind to defeat the visiting Guelph Storm 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.cheapjerseysreal.com/ . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Wholesale Jerseys Online . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Self was acquired from the Buffalo Bandits in a trade for Alex Hill midway through last season, and made his debut in Rochester on March 16, 2013.Chris Coleman has said he was honoured to sign a new two-year deal that will see him stay as Wales manager through to the 2018 World Cup. Coleman was appointed to the role in January 2012, replacing the late Gary Speed, and has been rewarded with a new deal after leading his country to their first major finals since the 1958 World Cup.The 45-year-olds previous contract was set to expire following the conclusion of this summers finals in France. He told Sky Sports News HQ: I am delighted that we have reached an agreement and I have the honour of leading my country in another campaign. Coleman shakes hands with Football Association Wales president David Griffiths (left) and FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford after Mondays announcement I look on it as an opportunity to improve on my first campaign [World Cup 2014 qualifying] which wasnt a successful one. We have got it all to look forward to but we have to build on what we have achieved so far. Its a big challenge but its one that we can conquer, thats for sure.The former Fulham and Real Sociedad boss, capped 32 times for his country, won six of his 10 European Qualifiers, including an impressive 1-0 home victory over Belgium, as Wales clinched second place and automatic qualification to this summers showpiece. Wales players carry Coleman aloft after securing qualification to Euro 2016 Wales begin their Euro 2016 Pool B campaign against Slovakia on June 11 in Bordeaux. They then face England in Lens on June 16 before tackling Russia in Toulouse four days later. Coleman said in March that there had to be changes behind the scenes in Welsh football for him to commit to another deal.He revealed agreement had been reached over those issues, with both himself and the FAW giving ground.It was very important that everything came to a conclusion before we embark on this journey in front of us, and we can concentrate on whats made us strong, he said. Wales unveil squad Chris Coleman has unveiled his provisional 29-man squad for Euro 2016 It wasnt a case of looking at what weve done. We need to keep on improving things and pushing each other before we even get to the players. Sometimes youve got to concede a little bit to get certain things you want.I think both parties showed real meaning in trying to get the deal done. The FAW showed that they really waanted me and I showed them that I wanted to stay.dddddddddddd.It went on a bit longer than we anticipated. But we wanted to do the right thing and Im happy to be sitting here knowing that Im going to get another campaign under my belt. Coleman celebrates after Wales qualified for Euro 2016 FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford said: We wanted to acknowledge the fantastic work Chris has done with his staff in ensuring qualification to the Euros in France this summer.I think it sends a fantastic message to everyone involved, the players, backroom staff, all the staff at the FAW.There is no one better qualified than Chris to lead Wales into its first World Cup in 60 years. Coleman hopes he can lead Wales to a World Cup before the end of his contract We wish him the best for Euro 2016 and he carries all our hopes and expectations for the World Cup campaign as well.Wales head to Portugal on Tuesday for a pre-Euro 2016 training camp without star man Gareth Bale, who is preparing for Real Madrids Champions League final with Atletico Madrid in Milan on Saturday. Joe Ledley is still hoping to make the Euro 2016 squad But midfielder Joe Ledley will join the squad as he attempts to recover in time for France after fracturing his leg in Crystal Palaces final Premier League game of the season. Also See: Wales unveil training squad Ledley doubtful for Euro 2016 Wales can be a football nation Euro 2016 squads Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen