Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ysbasketball.com/]Cheap Baske

in
Über uns
09.08.2018 13:53
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

OMAHA, Neb. -- Coastal Carolina showed that a baseball program from a school outside the power conferences can play with the best, and be the best.All my brothers in arms at the mid-majors, theyve been wearing my telephone out the whole week: `Wear the banner for us. Show us it can be done, Chanticleers coach Gary Gilmore said after his team beat Arizona 4-3 in the deciding Game 3 of the College World Series finals Thursday.Coastal Carolina won its first national championship in any sport, and it came in the Chanticleers 14th national tournament appearance in Gilmores 21 seasons at the school.The title also was the first in a team sport in the 33-year history of the Big South Conference. The Big South could savor the accomplishment for only about eight hours. The Chanticleers became members of the Sun Belt Conference on Friday.The Chanticleers have a .680 winning percentage since 2000, ranking among the best in the nation. Theyre the first non-power conference team since Fresno State in 2008 to win the title. In the last 50 years, the only other non-power conference baseball champions are Cal State Fullerton (1979, 1995, 2004) Wichita State (1989), Pepperdine (1992) and Rice (2003).Me personally, I dont think weve been a mid-major baseball program for a while, Gilmore said. I surely dont tell that to my kids. I tell them I think were a top four or five ACC-caliber club, that we can play with the SEC at times, that we dont shy away from anyone.Were a mid-major because were a 10,000-population school and we had (FBC) football, and you kind of get stigmatized by that.Coastal Carolina capitalized on two errors on the same play to score four unearned runs in the sixth inning of a game delayed a day by bad weather.It was worth the wait.Whenever I die, Ill know this group of guys here, they willed themselves to be the national champion, Gilmore said. It was just meant to be, no doubt. If there is such a thing as a team of destiny, this group is it.Coastal Carolina (55-18) became the first team since Minnesota in 1956 to win the title in its first CWS appearance. Arizona (49-24) was trying for its second national title since 2012 but came up just short in a season in which it was picked to finish ninth in the Pac-12.Amazing season, and theyre a deserving champion, first-year coach Jay Johnson said of the Chanticleers. We played as good as we possibly could this year, and theyre the best team weve played, in my opinion.Andrew Beckwith (15-1), the national leader in wins, went 5 2/3 innings after pitching two complete games and picked up his third victory of the CWS. He was named the Most Outstanding Player.Hes been coaching for 21 years, and he deserves every bit of it, Beckwith said of Gilmore. We got him to Omaha and we got him a national championship. The senior class, the hard work in the fall, the dedication of the guys who dont play much. It doesnt go unnoticed. It was a full team effort the whole College World Series, and we got it done.Alex Cunningham earned his first save, striking out Ryan Haug with a full-count fastball to end the game after Arizona had pulled within one in the bottom of the ninth. When Haug swung and missed, Cunningham turned to his dugout, beat his chest with his fist three times and saluted before flipping his glove away to start the celebration.The running joke is that in high school I lost the state championship three times in a row. I was not going to lose this one, I promise you that, Cunningham said.Arizona, which came into the day with just two errors in seven CWS games, had second baseman Cody Ramer commit two on the same play in the sixth inning. He couldnt get a handle on a grounder, allowing David Parrett to score from third. Then Ramer tried to get Michael Paez running from second to third, but he overthrew Kyle Lewis. That allowed Paez to come home. G.K. Young then launched a no-doubt homer into the seats above the right-field bullpen for a 4-0 lead.The Wildcats cut the lead in half with two unearned runs in the bottom half of the sixth against a tiring Beckwith. Arizonas Bobby Dalbec (11-6) worked 5 2/3 innings, striking out eight to increase his CWS total to 26 in 20 2/3 innings.Arizonas first two batters in the bottom of the ninth reached base against Cunningham, and Gibbons sacrifice fly made it a one-run game with two outs. Ryan Aguilar then doubled into the left-field corner, but Ramer was held at third because Anthony Marks was able to get the ball back to the infield so quickly.Thats the play of the season in college baseball, Johnson said. We play aggressively, but Cody would have been out by 100 feet -- and I know its only 90 feet. I cant believe the play that was made.ARIZONA CATCHER HURTArizona catcher Cesar Salazar left the game at the end of the seventh inning after getting hit on the top of his head by Paezs bat on a swing-and-miss strike three. Salazar briefly lay face down and was tended to by an athletic trainer. He walked off under his own power and was replaced by Haug.ALL-CWS TEAMParrett, Coastal Carolina, catcher; Aguilar, Arizona, first base; Ramer, Arizona, second base; Zach Remillard, Coastal Carolina, third base; Ryan Merrill, TCU, shortstop; Gibbons, Arizona, outfield; Marks, Coastal Carolina, outfield; Jared Oliva, Arizona, outfield; Luken Baker, TCU, designated hitter; JC Cloney, Arizona, pitcher; Beckwith, Coastal Carolina, pitcher and Most Outstanding Player.COME ONE, COME ALLBecause of the noon start on a weekday -- caused by the rain-and-lightning postponement Wednesday night -- people attending the U.S. Olympic swim trials across the street at CenturyLink Center were admitted for free to the outfield seats. The game drew 18,823, raising tournament attendance to 341,667, the third-highest ever.UP NEXTThe celebration of Coastal Carolinas first national championship in any team sport gets underway in Conway, South Carolina. The Wildcats return to Tucson to regroup after a season of low expectations ended with them playing for the title. Cheap Jerseys From China .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Cheap China Jerseys Authentic . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. http://www.jerseyswholesale.us/ . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. Soccer Jerseys China . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. Wholesale China Jerseys . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. NEW YORK -- After losing twice on goals in the closing minutes during their recent road trip, the New York Islanders were relieved to get a late win after blowing a three-goal lead in the third period.Anders Lee scored the tiebreaking goal with 27 seconds remaining to lift the Islanders to a 5-3 victory over the defending champion Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday night.Thomas Hickey took a pass from Johnny Boychuk and fired a slap shot from the point that deflected off Lees stick and past goalie Matt Murray.We had that puck luck, Lee said. We just have to grind it out. Tonight we were able to come through with a game-winning goal. Was a great shot and I was able to tip in. Weve faced enough adversity for a season. Tonight we were able to find a way.Hickey called it relief more than elation, adding, It was nice to get something to go our way. ... It was a great pass by Johnny and a great tip by Anders.Then, with Murray pulled on the ensuing faceoff, Nikolay Kulemin scored into the empty net 3 seconds later to seal the win and give the Islanders consecutive victories for the second time this season.Boychuk, Jason Chimera and Casey Cizikas also scored, and Thomas Greiss made 31 saves.New York, which lost twice on goals in the final 3 minutes of regulation at Los Angeles and San Jose last week before beating Calgary at home in overtime on Monday, has won three of five.Conor Sheary, Justin Schultz and Evgeni Malkin scored in the first 13:08 of the third period to tie the score for the Penguins. Murray finished with 25 saves.Sometimes you can try to work your way back but it doesnt always work out that way, Pittsburghs Sidney Crosby said. We were able to tie it up and unfortunately not at least force overtime.The Islanders had not scored more than two goals in their last eight games -- including a 3-2, 14-round shootout win at Anaheim on Nov. 22.Trailing 3-0 after two periods, the Penguins came out aggressive in the third and quickly got on the scoreboard when Sheary knocked in a rebound past Greiss 32 seconds in.Phil Kessel had a breakaway a minute later but was stoned by Greiss.Schultz pulled the Penguins within one when he skated in across the left faceoff circle and fired a shot top shelf with 9:20 remaining. Malkin then tied it with a wrister past Greiss 2:28 later withh his ninth of the season.ddddddddddddThe Islanders made it 2-0 at 2:10 of the second on a goal credited to Chimera. Scott Mayfield fired a shot from the right slot and the puck bounced off several players before hitting Chimeras skate and off Murray and slowly trickling over the line before the goalie could stop it. It was Chimeras second of the season.Pittsburgh was called for two penalties seconds apart about 8 minutes into the second. After being whistled for too many men, Matt Cullen was called for a delay of game faceoff violation for falling on the puck on the ensuing faceoff. The Islanders managed six shots on the two-man advantage, including a diving glove save by Murray on a shot by John Tavares from the right side.You knew that after the 2-minute 5-on-3 where we didnt score, it always comes back to haunt you a little bit, New York coach Jack Capuano said. Our guys battled right to the end and we found a way to win.Cizikas made it 3-0 with 2:39 left in the second with his third, tipping in the deflection of a shot by Andrew Ladd.Boychuk got the Islanders on the scoreboard first, firing a slap shot from outside the right faceoff circle into the left side of the night on Murrays blocker side with 13 seconds left in the opening period. It was Boychuks third of the season, and first since Oct. 23.Game notes Patric Hornqvist returned for the Penguins after missing six games due to a concussion. ... Pittsburgh was 0 for 3 on the power play and has not scored in 16 opportunities over the last five games. ... The Penguins won the first two meetings, 4-2 at home on Oct. 27 and 3-2 in OT here on Nov. 18. The teams final matchup will be March 24 at Pittsburgh. ... Islanders F Ryan Strome returned to the lineup after being a healthy scratch the previous two games. ... D Adam Pelech was out after sustaining an upper body injury in Monday nights OT win over Calgary. Mayfield took his place and appeared in his second game of the season.UP NEXTPenguins: Host Dallas on Thursday night in the opener of a three-game homestand.Islanders: At Washington on Thursday night before a three-game homestand.---Follow Vin Cherwoo at www.twitter.com/VinCherwooAP Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen