Image and video hosting by TinyPic

a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis

in Unsere Regeln 10.08.2018 07:21
von jj009 • 31 Beiträge

I am incredibly proud to know Sgt. Elizabeth Marks. This year she won four gold medals in swimming events at the Invictus Games in Orlando, Florida. She was then selected to compete for the U.S. team at the Rio Paralympic Games. Going into the Games she was ranked No. 1 in the world in the 100-meter breaststroke, and she went on to win gold in the SB7 100 meters.This is an incredible achievement by any standards, and I know this is how she wants to be defined, by her achievements and her abilities. But as an Army sergeant wounded in service to her country, her journey to get to this point has been remarkable. To me she epitomizes the courage, resilience and determination of our servicemen and women. Using sport to fight back from injury in the most remarkable way, she sums up what the Invictus Games spirit is all about.Elizabeth joined the Army in 2008 as a combat medic. She suffered bilateral hip injuries during a tour in Iraq in 2010 and underwent four surgeries in 18 months. She used sport as a way of helping in her recovery, keeping mobile, fit, healthy and focused. She was selected to compete for the U.S. team in the first 2014 Invictus Games in London, but on arrival in England she had trouble breathing. Within hours, her lungs had filled with fluid and she had been put in a medically induced coma, with little hope of recovery. We all feared the worst, but the team at Cambridges Papworth Hospital helped reoxygenate her body using an external lung machine and brought her back.Elizabeth refused to be beaten, and two years later she was again selected to compete for the U.S. team at the 2016 Orlando Invictus Games. This is where I first met her, and heard from her how she had stayed motivated, not only fighting back to health, but fighting back to the level of an elite sportswoman. Because of her injuries, the effort that she expends in the pool leaves her disorientated to the point of blindness, yet I watched her go on to win four gold medals during that week. Elizabeth certainly doesnt want sympathy; she considers herself unbelievably lucky to have been given another chance in life and to be part of a military family that continues to inspire her to be as good as she can be.After winning her fourth medal, she asked me to return it to the team at Papworth Hospital, whom she credits with saving her life. This was a hugely inspirational and defining moment for the Games, and I was delighted to do this when I got back to London. To see her then win gold in Rio was incredible. Through her achievement, Elizabeth has inspired thousands of people and hugely deserves her place among the espnW IMPACT25.More on Elizabeth Marks? The things she carries Story ?? Paralympic swimmer Sgt. Elizabeth Marks?Gallery ?? Sgt. Elizabeth Marks accepts Pat Tillman award?Video ?The IMPACT25 is espnWs annual list of the 25 athletes and influencers who have made the greatest difference for women in sports. Explore the 2016 list and more content at espnW.com/IMPACT25. Authentic China Jerseys Wholesale .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all too brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. Stitche Nike NFL Jerseys . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. http://www.nflcheapchinajerseys.com/ . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Cheap Baseball Jerseys Authentic . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. China Jerseys Cheap . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. THE OLDEST KANGEROO DEBUTANTSBilly Wilson - 1959 v New Zealand - 32 years 13 daysTrevor Gilmeister - 1995 v NZ - 31 years 102 daysGeorge Piggins - 1975 v NZ - 30 years 348 daysLuke Ricketson - 2003 v NZ 30 years 170 daysMark Hohn - 1994 v France - 30 years 158 daysJames Maloney - 2016 v Scotland 30 years 136 daysRex Mossop - 1958 - 30 years 116 daysKevin Ryan - 1964 v France - 29 years 313 daysDarren Smith - 1998 v NZ - 29 years 305 daysCorey Parker - 2011 v Wales - 29 years 192 days Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen