Image and video hosting by TinyPic

snap a five-game skid with left-hander

in
Über uns
10.08.2018 08:00
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Leicester will be crowned champions if Tottenham fail to beat Chelsea on Monday night - but Claudio Ranieri insists he wont be watching. The Leicester boss was speaking after seeing his side edge closer to Premier League glory with a 1-1 draw against Manchester United; a result which takes them eight points clear at the top.A win would have guaranteed the first top-flight title in Leicesters 132-year history, but that could now be confirmed if Spurs fail to pick up three points at Stamford Bridge, live on Sky Sports 1 HD, from 7pm on Monday. But Ranieri says he could miss the historic moment because he will be on a plane home following a short trip to Italy to visit his 96-year-old mother.He told Sky Sports: I would like to watch the match, but I think I am on a flight back from Italy, so its difficult for me to watch the match. Wes Morgan celebrates his equaliser for Leicester at Old Trafford Maybe when I land I will know the result. Yes, really.Now I go back to Italy and tomorrow [Monday] at 7pm I fly back and I wont watch the match.For us its important to continue to dream and continue to work. Three matches ago, I said in my mind Tottenham will win all the matches and we are very, very concentrated on this. After the game, Ranieri offered some words of support to Louis van Gaal Wes Morgans header earned Leicester a point after they had fallen behind to Anthony Martials eighth-minute strike at Old Trafford.And Ranieri said he was delighted with the performance of his players and was pleased with the response to their early set-back in the absence of leading scorer Jamie Vardy. Anthony Martial had given Manchester United the lead He added: I wasnt worried because we have very good heart and I thought sooner or later wed react.Of course after the goal, I said we had to react mentally and fortunately at the first free-kick we scored a goal.The goal gave us more and more confidence. With Jamie away its more difficult for us because we are used to playing the ball for Jamie and stretching the opponent. Wes Morgan admitted Leicester had to work very hard for a point In this case they were more comfortable, pushed a lot and pressed in our half. It was difficult for us to play because they were pressing very well.For us, it was important to show our character and also our mentality. The beginning wasnt so good, but afterwards I was very happy with our performance. Also See: Man Utd make Leicester wait Old Trafford talking points Souness: Fellaini to be banned Cantona back at Old Trafford Wholesale Jerseys China .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. Cheap Jerseys Authentic . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. http://www.cheapjerseysusaauthentic.com/ . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Cheap Jerseys USA . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers are in quite a groove right now, and they know it.Its an unbelievable lineup, catcher Jonathan Lucroy said. Anybody can hurt you on any given day.The Rangers (69-48) are in firm control in the American League West thanks to a recent 14-6 surge thats given Texas a 7 1/2-game cushion over Seattle and Houston in the division. Its also been six wins in the last seven games, including Fridays 8-5 victory over Detroit.The Rangers and Tigers continue their three-game set with the middle game Saturday night at Globe Life Park. Texas has beaten Detroit six straight times, with the last four coming this season.The Rangers look to make it seven in a row with ace Cole Hamels (12-3, 2.89 ERA) taking the mound for the 24th time this season. The lefty has gone 3-1 with a 1.83 ERA in five starts since the All-Star break. Hamels is 3-1 lifetime against Detroit.Detroit (61-54) hopes to snap a five-game skid with left-hander Matt Boyd (3-2, 4.69) making his 11th start of the season. Boyd is 0-3 record with a 7.63 ERA in his career against Texas.Boyd made a relief appearance Aug. 9 at Seattle, walking one and striking out one in a scoreless inning. His last start was Aug. 6 against the New York Mets, picking up the win after giving up three runs on six hits with five strikeouts over five innings.The Tigers are in the midst of their second-longest skid of the season. Detroit is 1 1/2 games out of the second wild-card spot in the Ameerican League.ddddddddddddThe ups and downs, its hard to describe for people that dont go through it, Tigers catcher James McCann said, but its something we just have to grind our way through.Texas owns the best record in the A.L. and the best 117-game mark in franchise history. The Rangers are 36-18 at home, their best start ever through 54 games.The long ball was good for the Rangers in the series opener, as Texas went deep four times. Trade-deadline pickup Jonathan Lucroy hit two homers to give him six since joining the Rangers on Aug. 1.Lucroy has earned kudos for his handling of the pitching staff in addition to his bat.He doesnt miss his pitch very often, Texas manager Jeff Banister said. For him to come in and really make an immediate impact, not only defensively but offensively, is pretty special.Texas leads the major leagues with 89 home runs since June 9.The Tigers suffered another injury before Fridays game as shortstop Jose Iglesias was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left hamstring strain. Third baseman Nick Castellanos and center fielder Cameron Maybin are also on the DL, along with starting pitchers Jordan Zimmermann and Mike Pelfrey.Were backed into a little bit of a corner because of injuries, manager Brad Ausmus said. Our depth at Triple-A is kind of all here right now because of the injuries. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen