Image and video hosting by TinyPic

eysbasketball.com/]Cheap Basketball Jerse

in
Über uns
11.08.2018 08:23
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

MARSEILLE, France -- If Cristiano Ronaldo is to send Portugal to the semifinals and match Michel Platinis all-time European Championship scoring record, hell have to find a way through a Poland defense thats among the toughest of the tournament.Ronaldo has scored eight goals from four championships, one shy of Platinis nine, though hes been on inconsistent form in Platinis home country.Frustrated and angry in Portugals opening draws with Iceland and Austria, Ronaldo has shown flashes of his true talent since then, scoring two goals in a 3-3 draw with Hungary and setting up Ricardo Quaresmas winner against Croatia in the round of 16.Polands defense looks formidable after conceding just a single goal in four games. And even that needed a stroke of genius, in the form of Xherdan Shaqiris spectacular overhead kick for Switzerland in the last 16.Despite a lack of well-known defenders -- the first-choice center-backs play for Torino and Legia Warsaw -- the Poles have made a virtue of scraping through games, with two 1-0 wins and a victory on penalties against the Swiss. They also neutralized the attacking play of World Cup champion Germany in a 0-0 draw in the group stage.Just like his great rival Lionel Messi, Ronaldo has never won a major title with his country. On what is widely considered the easier side of the draw, with a potential semifinal against Wales or Belgium, this could be his year.While Portugal beat a solid Croatia team 1-0, it didnt register a single shot on target until deep into extra time. Winning ugly is fine for center-back Jose Fonte, just as long as Portugal is winning.It doesnt matter if you play beautiful or ugly football, he said Monday. You have to win and I want to win. If we have to play badly every game and win, Ill do it.If the attack has stuttered, Portugals defense is also a concern with four goals conceded, the joint-worst of any team in the quarterfinals, along with Iceland.The chaotic 3-3 draw with Hungary in the last group game prompted a rethink by coach Fernando Santos, who brought in the Southampton duo of Fonte and right-back Cedric for the last 16, in place of Ricardo Carvalho and Vierinha, who had started all three group games.Portugal also has injury concerns, as left-back Raphael Guerreiro and midfielders Jose Moutinho and Andre Gomes are all doubtful.Polands top scorer in qualifying, Robert Lewandowski, remains scoreless in the tournament, but hes often been a sacrificial element in Polands strategy, keeping defenses occupied to create space for winger Jakub Blaszczykowski or second striker Arkadiusz Milik. However, the resulting chances have often been wasted, especially by Milik.As Poland bids to reach its first tournament semifinal since the 1982 World Cup, Lukasz Fabianski will continue to deputize for injured first-choice goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny, who has missed the last three games with a thigh injury.---James Ellingworth contributed from Nice, France. Cheap Spain Jerseys . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. Discount Soccer Jerseys For Sale . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. http://www.cheapsoccerjerseysoutlet.com/?tag=cheap-colombia-jerseys . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Cheap Russia Jerseys .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Cheap Nigeria Jerseys . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. Missy Franklin and Ryan Lochte will be busy in the pool at the Rio Olympics. Just not as busy as they wanted to be.The two popular stars from the U.S. swimming team four years ago in London have just three individual events between them in Rio, hardly the frenetic schedule theyve grown accustomed to over the years.Four years ago, Franklin swam four individual events and three relays, while Lochte had four individual events, plus two relays. Together, they won 10 medals.This time, neither will defend their Olympic titles in two events. Franklin failed to qualify for the 100-meter backstroke at the recent U.S. trials, while Lochte, bothered by a groin injury, didnt make the team in the 400 individual medley.The perpetually upbeat Franklin put a positive spin on her reduced schedule that will give her more time in the stands cheering on her teammates.Im still a second-time Olympian, I get to go to Rio, I get to be a part of this team, she said.Franklins seventh-place finish in the 100 back at trials had her in the unusual position of publicly working through major disappointment.You have this idea in your head that everyones careers are perfect all the time, and as soon as yours starts to waver a little bit you start wondering, `Oh my goodness, why is this happening? she said. You sort of start to realize no one has the perfect career, no one makes every team in every event that they want to.At 17, Franklin was one of the biggest stars at the London Olympics, competing in seven events and winning four gold medals and a bronze. Away from the pool, she didnt cash in right away since she wanted to compete collegiately.After two years at California, Franklin turned pro last year, setting up major endorsement deals heading into Rio. Shes found it challenging balancing training with accommodating sponsors demands for photo shoots, commercials and appearances.Its fun, absolutely, but that doesnt mean its not hard, she said. Its definitely more to juggle than what I had to in 2012. I definitely have some days when I wake up and Im more tired than normal.Also making it difficult is Franklins inclination to please others, sometimes at her expense. Shes had to learn to say no and not feel guilty.She will literally look at somebody and say, `Have you had enough pictures? Im going to start my practice now, her coach Todd Schmitz said.dddddddddddd. I stand there and go, `Good, yes. Ive always told her I will be the bad guy every single time, but I cant always be there.Schmitz will be part of Franklins support team in Rio, although not as a member of the U.S. coaching staff as he was four years ago.But, while Franklin has more money in her pocket, its been a struggle to regain the form that made her the worlds most dominant female swimmer -- a title ceded to fellow American Katie Ledecky.One of the things Ive been trying to do this whole year is not compare myself to where I was in 2012, said Franklin, who returned home to Colorado to train with Schmitz. I came in here to be the best of who I am right now, not who I was four years ago.Franklin will try to better her fourth-place finish from London when she competes in the 200 freestyle and defends her gold in the 200 backstroke in Rio, while Lochte swims the 200 IM, where hes medaled in three straight Olympics. Both qualified to swim on the womens and mens 800 free relay.Lochte turns 32 on Aug. 3, two days before the games open. He has 11 career medals going into his fourth Olympics.Its a lot harder because Im older, he said. I cant put my body through certain practices or sets that I used to be able to do.In London, Lochte won the 400 IM on the first day of the eight-day competition, and then made what he called his biggest mistake of the games.I didnt do the right recovery process after that win because I was just like, `Screw this, Im happy, he recalled. I think that kind of hurt me throughout the meet. Now that Ive gotten more mature, Im listening to my body more.Hes also listening to coach Dave Marsh, who will oversee the U.S. womens team in Rio. After London, Lochte relocated his training base to Charlotte, North Carolina, and cut back his partying lifestyle in favor of more time in the pool.When hes in the water working hard, hes probably his most happy, Marsh said.After Rio, Franklin will return to college. Lochte is likely to keep swimming, as long as hes still having fun.I said the day you finish is the day youre going to meet up with a girl and have grandchildren, his mother Ike Lochte said. He just laughs at me. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen