Image and video hosting by TinyPic

d. Utah and BYU did not face each other in 2

in
Über uns
11.08.2018 08:25
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Australia international Greg Bird will finish his career in Super League after agreeing to rejoin Catalans Dragons for 2017.The 32-year-old loose forward, who made 22 Super League appearances for the Dragons in 2009, has been snapped up by the French club after securing a release from the last year of his contract with Gold Coast Titans.Bird has signed a five-year deal, the first three years of which will be spent as a player, after which he will serve as an assistant coach to fulfil a promise he made to chairman Bernard Guasch seven years ago.Bird said: I had always intended to return to the Dragons and promised Bernard I would come back and win a premiership.They reached out to me and offered me a long-term deal this week which I was only to happy to agree to. I have fond memories of my time at the Dragons, its a wonderful place to live and my wife and I are excited to be taking on this new chapter in our lives.Bird was thrown a lifeline by the Dragons after he was forced out of Cronulla in 2008 and led them to within 80 minutes of a maiden Grand Final.Catalans chief executive Christophe Jouffret said: It was always going to happen. We have kept in contact with Greg and his manager Chris Orr every year and enquired about when Greg was going to return.He is the type of player our team needs to lead us on the field and with his experience and extremely competitive nature we look forward to having him again playing in the Catalan Dragons jersey. www.cheapjerseys forsale .net . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. cheapjerseysforsale . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. http://www.cheapjerseysforsale.net/ . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. cheapjerseysforsale.net . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at . www.cheapjerseysforsale.net . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Utah coach Kyle Whittingham saw a glimpse of the offensive efficiency he wants during a 19-play, 78-yard drive that tied up most of the fourth quarter last week in the Utes over rival BYU.That was a thing of beauty, Whittingham said. You get in that situation where you have a lead in the fourth quarter, youve got to run to win. And thats what we did.Freshman running back Zack Moss, who carried the load in the 11:21 possession that led to a field goal, is expected to be rewarded with his first career start Saturday night when the Utes (2-0) visit San Jose State (1-1).Moss carried eight times for 41 yards on the drive that took the fourth-quarter game clock from 14:08 to 2:47 before Andy Phillips kicked a 29-yard field goal in the 20-19 win. Moss finished the game with 58 yards on 12 attempts.Zach came in and gave us a spark, Whittingham said. That was very evident and he deserves a chance to be the guy.Whittingham said there still will be competition in practice to replace departed star Devontae Booker, who rushed for 2,773 yards and 21 touchdowns the past two seasons.But the field is thinner now that Joe Williams retired from football this week because of nagging injuries. Williams started the first two games, but fumble issues dropped him to third on the depth chart.Moss occupies the No. 1 spot, ahead of Troy McCormick, who rushed 10 times for 62 yards against BYU.Here are some other things to watch when Utah visits San Jose State:HANGOVER FEARS: Whittingham and the Utes are conscious theyve lost the week after their three most recent victories over BYU.The key is the rivalry hangover has been a factor for us. Weve got to avoid that this year, Whittingham said. When we played the rivalry game early in the season, it had a negative impact the next week. Thats our challenge -- to not let that happen.One difference is the opponent: After wins over BYU in 2011, 12 and 13, the Utes lost to Pac-12 opponents Washington, Arizona SState and UCLA, respectively.dddddddddddd. Utah and BYU did not face each other in 2014 or 15.TURNOVER ISSUES: The Utes won last week despite six turnovers, including three interceptions by first-year starting quarterback Troy Williams.Our main key is taking care of the ball, Williams said. We felt like we were doing a lot of right things, and we were able to move the ball. There wasnt really anything we couldnt do. Just too many turnovers.RARE OPPORTUNITY: San Jose State has lost 20 consecutive games to schools currently playing in Power Five conferences. Since 2007, the Spartans have dropped games to the likes of Stanford, Alabama, Auburn, USC, Nebraska and Washington. All 20 of those defeats were road games, and the Spartans relish the chance to face Utah in San Jose.Its exciting for us to be able to host a Pac-12 program, Spartans coach Ron Caragher said. We have a lot of respect for the conference.San Jose States most recent win over a Power Five school was 35-34 at home against Stanford in 2006.D-LINE PRAISE: The Spartans are coming off a 66-35 win over FCS foe Portland State in which they piled up 409 yards rushing. Caragher knows the challenge will be much greater after watching tape of Utahs defensive linemen.From an athletic standpoint, they look like tight ends and slot receivers, but theyre 290, 300 pounds, he said. Any offensive line going up against those guys is going to have their hands full.COMING AND GOING: Having served a two-game suspension after being charged with criminal mischief for damaging a campus police vehicle and building, Utah senior wide receiver and kick returner Cory Butler-Byrd is eligible to play. Whittingham said he wasnt sure Butler-Byrd would see action in Saturdays game. Meanwhile, the Utes lost senior defensive end Kylie Fitts to a season-ending foot injury from the BYU game. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen