Image and video hosting by TinyPic

y from penalties. He might not be on penalties any more after

in
Über uns
12.08.2018 13:35
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Adam Cole is a lot of things. Hes a two-time (and current) Ring of Honor world champion, a member of the wildly popular Bullet Club faction and a storyteller. But first and foremost, like so many of the fans who passionately cry out Bay Bay every time they hear his name, Cole is an endlessly passionate student of the craft and history of professional wrestling.Coles first conscious memories of the squared circle are probably a lot like yours, if you were a child of a certain age. At 9 years old, he caught a few precious moments of an episode of WCW Thunder before his dad turned off the TV and ushered him off to the dinner table.When I first discovered that professional wrestling existed, it was going through that transitional period where it was becoming more violent, more risqué, more TV-14, said Cole. So initially, I was not permitted at all to watch pro wrestling.In fact, it wasnt until a chance encounter that Cole stumbled upon an opportunity that would change his life.Fast-forward to a point in my life where I was taking karate lessons as a kid; I really enjoyed that, and I used to get there early and stay there late -- I just loved it, Cole said. I got there early one day, and my instructor was watching a taped Monday Night Raw from the night before.I was watching it while he was checking it out, and he asked, Oh, do you watch wrestling? and I said, Yeah, all the time, Cole continued. But Id never watched it before. I just wanted to fit in with him. Long story short, he lets me borrow WrestleMania 15, and I saw Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock for the first time. I remember just thinking, These guys are the coolest guys Ive ever seen in my life.When he watched that no-disqualification main event between The Rock and Austin, there was a moment when Cole was instantly hooked -- a moment that gave him goosebumps and changed his life. When the iconic glass crashing of Austins entrance hit, Cole knew exactly what he wanted to do with his life.By the time Cole was a high school senior, he began to look seriously at wrestling schools near his childhood home in Pennsylvania. It was (and still is) a hotbed for wrestling schools, and whichever one he chose to attend after graduating high school could have sent him in any number of directions in his career.I was considering a bunch of different options, said Cole. There was the Wild Samoan training center in Allentown, Pennsylvania. For a while, I was considering the Chikara Wrestle Factory in Philadelphia, too. It got to a point where, because I was such a big fan of wrestling, I started to follow more promotions -- and one of them was called Combat Zone Wrestling, in South Philadelphia.CZW cultivated a reputation over the years for having some of the most brutal and violent hard-core matches in the world of independent wrestling, including numerous bouts featuring Jon Moxley (now Dean Ambrose in the WWE) and Drake Younger (now WWE NXT referee Drake Wuertz), among many others.Still, that style of match wasnt everything that CZW was about, and a young, impressionable Cole took a chance to try to meet some of the wrestlers and operators of CZW after attending Best of the Best 7 -- an annual tournament that Cole was quite familiar with and fond of.I was out back, waiting to meet everybody, and one of the guys who walked out was DJ Hyde, who is the head trainer of the CZW wrestling academy. For whatever reason, I build up enough courage to tell him, By the way, when I graduate high school Im gonna train to be a pro wrestler someday, Cole said. And he stopped, and he turned and looked at me, and he asked, Why dont you wrestle now?Cole, surprised for a moment by the question, rattled off all of the reasons that a high schooler wouldnt be able to make it work without dropping out of college: He didnt have the money. His parents would obviously be apprehensive. And the two-hour drive each way would be challenging, to say the least.DJ Hyde extended an olive branch that would ultimately make a tremendous impact on the years that followed.He said, Listen, Ill work with you on money -- you pay me what you can, when you can, and you only have to come down one day a week, Cole recalled. The following week, I started training as a pro wrestler.I talked to the three [aspiring wrestlers] and told them they needed to do a tryout, said Hyde. The three of them all had a lot of potential -- Adam was not the guy he is now, but you could see something. He said, This is all I ever wanted to do.I use him as an example to the current students -- he wanted it more than anybody else -- anyone Ive ever seen, said Hyde. He was born to do this.Cole wouldve jumped at any opportunity to get into a wrestling ring as soon as humanly possible, and he simply couldnt deny an offer to train at CZW. In November 2007, Cole started down the long and winding path of an independent wrestling career. By the time he graduated high school, Coles career was already in motion.He quickly discovered that it wasnt all about learning to bump or mastering an in-ring technique. Coles persistence and willingness to reach out to those who could help him in some way in his career was as valuable a skill as any hed pick up in the ring.For independent wrestling, making connections is so important, said Cole. Part of that process is traveling all over the country and going wherever you can, even if youre not on the event. Its the idea of showing up and meeting people and watching matches -- just creating relationships with people.One relationship that allowed Cole to take another monumental step was with an Australian wrestler who was touring in the States and had started attending the Ring of Honor wrestling school.When offered an opportunity to train with some of the brightest up-and-coming wrestlers on the independent scene, he simply couldnt pass it up.So I went down there, and I started training, said Cole. The head trainer, Delirious, was there, and he will hate that I say this, but hes one of the smartest men in wrestling. I instantly knew that from the moment I met him. [Being there] really kind of took my understanding of pro wrestling to the next level.At that point in time, around 2008 or 2009, Delirious was still an active performer for Ring of Honor. As he picked up more and more things in the ring, Cole asked if he could start attending shows. He did everything he could -- he helped set up chairs and the ring, served as security and a guy just there to get beat up.Cole started on his long path to stardom in ROH in 2009, when he had his first dark match for the company. As hard as he worked to impress those in charge behind the curtain, Cole quickly found himself hitting a wall creatively.I did dark matches with Ring of Honor for a year and a half, said Cole. And I got the same response every single time I got to the back -- Good job, keep it up. That was cool the first two or three times, but then it was like, OK, what do I have to do differently to kind of stand out more?By tapping into what is now one of his most valuable tools in the ring, Cole utilized his personality to get noticed.I end up sending a promo in, and at the time the booker Adam Pearce saw that and said, OK, were gonna have you cut a promo in the ring as dark, said Cole. So instead of doing a match, I was actually talking, which was cool. Jim Cornette happened to be paying attention to the promo, and the rest was history. From there on out, they saw something in me that they had not been seeing while I was wrestling, and that kind of gave me the opportunity to shine, and to get a real chance with ROH.Cole would soon find himself under contract with ROH, and hed get paired up with another young upstart, Kyle OReilly. Books could be written about their partnership and eventual rivalry that carries on to this day, but in short, they teamed up under the moniker Future Shock and got to wrestle against some of the best in the world, including the Kings of Wrestling (Cesaro and Chris Hero), the Briscoes and former WWE tag team champions Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas, among many others.It was against Haas and Benjamin, collectively known as the Worlds Greatest Tag Team, that Cole received his first championship match in ROH. While he and OReilly failed to win the titles, the pair proved themselves worthy of the label of being future stars with the company. The pair soon split, but went right at it on opposite sides of another budding rivalry between the tag team formerly known as The American Wolves -- a conflict that ultimately shaped the careers of all four men.It was me and Eddie Edwards against Kyle OReilly and ROH world champion Davey Richards, said Cole. That moment for us was Ring of Honor telling our fans, OK, these guys are main event guys now. At that point in my career, it was the most pressure I had ever felt -- because the fans are either going to bite on this, or they werent, so you really, really have to deliver.Cole not only managed to hold his own in that match at ROHs 10th anniversary show, entitled Young Wolves Rising, but he got the biggest victory of his career to that point. He pinned Richards -- the reigning ROH champion at the time -- in the main event of a major show at the Hammerstein Ballroom, and it was the catalyst for even bigger things to come. After dispatching OReilly in a grudge match three months later in that very same venue, Cole won his first championship in ROH by defeating Roderick Strong for the television championship in June 2012.By the end of the year, hed get the first world title win of his career by defeating Kevin Steen (Kevin Owens) for the Pro Wrestling Guerilla world heavyweight championship.It was scary man, said Cole. I was 22 or 23 at that time, being put in a position where youre Ring of Honor television champion and the PWG world champion. This is no knock on the ROH television championship at all, but this was the first time any company had ever said, OK, youre our No. 1 guy, and were expecting these shows to do well with you on top.Hed ultimately go on to become a cult hero and the longest reigning PWG world champion in the companys history, but those concurrent title reigns -- despite being career-defining achievements -- offered little time for Cole to appreciate what hed been able to do at such a young age.The thing that I regret the most, I think, looking back at that period of my life, was I didnt really get to enjoy it too much, Cole said. I was so concerned and focused on doing better and improving. But at the same time, thats part of what success is -- getting better is about never settling, and realizing that you do have to always push forward and improve. Sometimes you cant sit back and smell the roses.Its a tough balance to strike for a guy whos been as motivated as Cole. He has little issue taking care of business in the gym, with his diet and in studying tapes, but he occasionally falls victim to losing the big picture simply because he keeps his head down and keeps pushing toward greatness.The fear of failure with me is very real, said Cole. I think the idea of me being 50 years old and thinking, Where could my career have been if I just worked a little bit harder is a really tough pill to swallow -- and it scares me to death.Over the entirety of his career, Cole has been able to push down those fears and keep them at bay by working as hard as possible. The results speak for themselves, with Cole earning the highest honor of his career in September 2013 by winning the ROH world championship.Sometimes fate simply intervenes, though. The process was taken out of his hands entirely in late 2014, when a serious shoulder injury put him on the shelf for the longest stretch of his career.Its very, very hard to walk away from something that means a lot to you, [especially] not having that escape that wrestling has always been for me. When I was forced to miss four months of action because of shoulder, tricep and elbow surgery, it was tough -- and, of course, when it rains it pours. My grandmother passed away while I was out injured, and while I normally would have just focused on wrestling, I just sat at home and really had to deal with that.After losing his grandmother, his No. 1 supporter and one of the most important people in his life, Cole sat back and reset his life and career. As he neared his return in May 2015, Cole was able to draw some positives from his time away from wrestling.While the year following Coles return was a net positive, with a number of big matches, things werent quite clicking as well as they were before his injury. That all changed in May 2016, when Cole made a surprise appearance in the midst of a Jay Lethal-Colt Cabana ROH world championship match and revealed himself as the newest member of the Bullet Club.That was soon followed by a second world championship reign, and almost everything Cole has done as part of the Bullet Club has been a revelation in his career. Hes having some of the best matches of his career, including a recent five-star match in PWG, hes getting to live out his dreams of wrestling in New Japan Pro Wrestling and the future looks bright.Still, no matter how much he tries to appreciate it all in the moment, his desire to squeeze every last drop out of his career can be overwhelming.When I win something like the Ring of Honor championship for a second time, Im excited for a minute, but Im already thinking, How can I win for a third time? Whats my next goal? said Cole. Whats the next mountain I have to climb? I dont ever want to become content.Cole is always striving for the next step in his career. Hes incredibly happy with his current position -- which has him on top in ROH, able to work in NJPW, PWG and top Mexican promotion CMLL -- but even if its two, three or five years down the line, it would be foolish to discount his desire to one day perform in or even main event a WrestleMania.For the boy who grew up and fell in love with wrestling because of The Rock and Austin, and takes pride in having worked all the way up the ranks of professional wrestling, it might be the only way hell ever truly be able to take a breath and stop to smell the roses.Its all part of the journey, said Cole. In my dream pro-wrestling career, I would get to go and wrestle on all the corners of the planet -- get to wrestle for the smallest promotions all the way up to the biggest promotions. I love all the peaks and valleys. Cheap Arizona Cardinals Jerseys .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. Authentic NFL Gear Store . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. http://www.cheapoutletnfljerseys.com/?tag=cheap-los-angeles-rams-jerseys . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Cheap Buffalo Bills Jerseys . -- On the field, it was business as usual for Jameis Winston and No. Authentic NFL Jerseys Store . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation.What is the highest number of points a team has had at Christmas before being relegated? Who loves scoring from the penalty spot? And who has scored the most goals on their birthday? Sky Sports commentator Martin Tyler has been busy looking into your questions and has come up with the answers.Scroll down the page to see them and dont forget to have a go at this weeks Tylers Teaser! How to send your questions to Martin:1: Email your posers to skysportsclub@bskyb.com2. Tweet @SkyFootball using the hashtag #TylersTeasersMartins starting statsI commentated on Chelsea v Manchester City on Sunday and Chelsea beat them in the FA Cup for only the second time. The other win was 101 years and one day earlier 20 February, 1915 - a 1-0 success.The four meetings since then have all resulted in Man City wins (2-0 in 1948, 3-0 in 1971, 2-1 in 2013 and 2-0 in 2014). Eden Hazard scored his first home goal since the goal that won the title for Chelsea in May Eden Hazard scored his first home goal since the goal that won the title for Chelsea in May. It was his second of the season - both have come in the FA Cup. Diego Costa scored his ninth goal in his last 12 Chelsea appearances and Oscar, who missed from the spot with the last kick of the game on Boxing Day against Watford, failed again - so I do wonder who will take on penalty duties for them next.Much was made of Man Citys full debutants. Three full debutants started - Tosin Adarabioyo, Aleix Garcia and David Faupala - plus Brandon Barker, who came off the bench. There were first starts for Bersant Celina and Manu Garcia - plus Cameron Humphreys-Grant made his second substitute appearance. I cant recall a side unveiling so many players who are so young.Bertrand Traore scored in his third consecutive Chelsea appearance - all as a substitute and all in 5-1 wins! It was Chelseas third 5-1 win in six games - after wins over MK Dons and Newcastle, which is a surprising statistic. Oscars penalty miss actually rescued that stat.New Year relegationsWith @CPFCs current drop down the table, whats the highest number of points a team has had a Xmas and then been relegated? Craig NewmanMARTIN SAYS: On Christmas Day, Crystal Palace were sixth in the Premier League with 29 points - but they have only picked up three points from nine games since then.In Premier League history, only one side has been relegated after picking up 29 points before Christmas Day - and that was Norwich City in 1994/95. They had 30 points from their first 19 games and were seventh, but only picked up 13 more points from the last 23 matches of the season and finished 20th of 22 teams in the season when four sides were relegated. On Christmas Day, Crystal Palace were sixth with 29 points - but they have only picked up three points since Its worth pointing out that was a 42-game season. In a 38-game season, no team has been relegated after picking up more than 22 points before Christmas - so the omens are good for Palace.The highest points tally from a relegated team before Christmas in a 20-team Premier League was achieved by Blackpool in 2010/11 (22 points before Christmas, relegated with 39 points) and Newcastle in 2008/09 (22 points on Christmas Day, relegated with 34 points). Highest points totals on Christmas Day for relegated Premier League sides Team Season Points at Xmas Final points/position Norwich City 1994/95 30 43 (20th) Middlesbrough 1992/93 26 44 (21st) Blackpool 2010/11 22 39 (19th) Crystal Palace 1992/93 21 49 (19th) Crystal Palace 1994/95 21 45 (19th) Crystal Palace 1997/98 21 33 (20th) Wimbledon 1999/00 21 33 (18th) Reading 2007/08 21 36 (18th) Birthday boysChristian Eriksen scored on his birthday. Who has scored the most goals on their birthday in the Premier League? Nat.MARTIN SAYS: According to our friends at Opta, when Christian Eriksen scored on his birthday for Tottenham against Manchester City he became the 52nd player to score a Premier League goal on his date of birth. Bacary Sagna also celebrated his 33rd birthday that day - but his chance of making it a double was ruled out by injury. Christian Eriksen became the 52nd player to score on his birthday in the Premier League Eriksen is the only player to do so this season and is the first since Dame NDoye scored on his 30th birthday for Hull against QPR last February.Six of those 52 players have scored more than one birthday goal. Santi Cazorla scored a brace for Arsenal on his 30th birthday against Newcastle last December; Jay Jay Okocha scored twice for Bolton against Charlton on his 31st birthday in August 20004; and John Spencer scored two for Chelsea against West Ham on his 25th birthday (11/09/1995).ddddddddddddWeve seen TWO players score birthday hat-tricks in the Premier League. Carlos Tevez scored three for Manchester City against West Brom on his 27th birthday (5 February, 2011) and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink scored three for Chelsea against Wolves on March 27, 2004 - his 32nd birthday.The other player to score three birthday goals is Teddy Sheringham, who holds the distinction of being the only player to score a Premier League goal on two DIFFERENT birthdays. He scored once for Tottenham against Norwich on his 28th birthday (April 2, 1994) and then a year later he scored two goals on his 29th birthday for Spurs against Southampton. Carlos Tevez scored three for Manchester City against West Brom on his 27th birthday in February 2011 Some high-profile names like Mark Hughes, Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Peter Crouch and Daniel Sturridge have scored birthday goals - but some of the other top Premier League scorers such as Alan Shearer (August 13), Andy Cole (October 15) and Thierry Henry (August 17) never managed it - while Frank Lampard never had a chance because he was born in June!I had a private chuckle on September 14, 2013 when I was commentating on Steven Naismith scoring on his birthday for Everton against Chelsea - which was also my birthday!Dear Martin, who has scored the most goals in Man Utd v Arsenal matches? LukeMARTIN SAYS: Manchester United fans will be frustrated to hear that the player who has scored the most Premier League goals in these fixtures is likely to be injured and unavailable when the two teams meet live on Sky Sports on Super Sunday. Wayne Rooney has scored nine goals for Manchester United against Arsenal. Wayne Rooney has scored nine goals for Manchester United against Arsenal. In fact, hes scored 11 goals against them in total having scored two for Everton - including his famous first ever Premier League goal.Arsenals top scorer in these fixtures is Thierry Henry, who has eight goals against Manchester United.The only other player with more than five goals in Premier League games between the two is Robin van Persie - who scored three goals for both teams. Top goalscorers in Arsenal v Man Utd Premier League matches Player Goals Wayne Rooney 9 Thierry Henry 8 Robin van Persie 6 Freddie Ljungberg 4 Cristiano Ronaldo 4 Park Ji-Sung 4 Teddy Sheringham 4 Dwight Yorke 3 Lee Sharpe 3 Dennis Bergkamp 3 Nicolas Anelka 3 Roy Keane 3 Spot onMartin, Charlie Daniels has only scored two Premier League goals and both were penalties. Have any other players ONLY ever scored from penalties and never from any other type of goal? LewisMARTIN SAYS: Charlie Daniels only Premier League goals to date were penalties against West Brom and Norwich this season - and you may be surprised to learn that in Premier League history there are seven other players to have scored only from penalties. He might not be on penalties any more after his spot-kick was saved in the FA Cup at the weekend.GRAHAM KAVANAGH (one goal) - His only goal was a penalty for Middlesbrough in a 1-0 win over Leeds in March 1996.LUIS JIMENEZ (one goal) - The former West Ham loanee scored his only goal from the penalty spot in a 5-3 win over Burnley in 2009.PETER KENNEDY (one goal) - The former Watford player scored his only Premier League goal from the spot in a 3-2 defeat on the opening day of the 1999/2000 season. Charlie Daniels only Premier League goals to date were penalties against West Brom and Norwich this season STEVE CHETTLE (two goals) - The former Nottingham Forest player played 172 games across five seasons in the Premier League, but his only goals came in 1998/99 - both from the penalty spot in games against Blackburn and Southampton in December.GARY McSHEFFREY (three goals) - McSheffrey scored three goals for Birmingham - all from the penalty spot in wins over Tottenham, Middlesbrough and Man City in 2007/08.KEITH CURLE (six goals) - Former Manchester City and England defender Curle scored six goals from the penalty spot in the first three Premier League seasons and didnt score any other type of goal in the competition.JAN MOLBY (seven goals) - The Liverpool midfielder played in the first three Premier League seasons and scored seven goals - all penalties. He currently holds the record for the player with the most Premier League goals having only scored penalties.An honourable mention goes to former Everton defender Michael Ball, who only scored eight Premier League goals - and seven were penalties. Also See: What happened to Arshavin? Man Citys best boss? Martin Tyler home Premier League news Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen