Image and video hosting by TinyPic

m twice this year but theyre a very good side and theyve h

in
Über uns
12.04.2018 16:28
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Hitless in 10 at-bats against the Blue Jays, Victor Martinez came through at the perfect time for the Detroit Tigers.Martinez hit a tiebreaking home run in the eighth inning and the Tigers stopped Torontos seven-game winning streak, beating the Blue Jays 3-2 on Saturday.Hampered by an injured left knee for much of 2015, when he hit .245 with 11 home runs, Martinez has returned to his productive self this season. Hes hitting a team-high .309 with 17 home runs and 52 RBI.It just shows you how much we missed him last year, manager Brad Ausmus said.Justin Upton had two hits and Andrew Romine reached base three times for the Tigers, who had lost seven of their previous nine against Toronto.Bruce Rondon (3-1) earned the win despite allowing a tying home run to Devon Travis in the seventh. Rondon missed the first two games of the series with flu-like symptoms.Justin Wilson pitched the eighth and Francisco Rodriguez finished for his 24th save.Martinez broke a 2-all tie with a one-out drive off Jason Grilli (3-3).While hes happy to be healthy again, Martinez said hes focused on more than just his own statistics.Im worried more about the team, he said. I dont really pay attention to the numbers. I just want to win.Matt Boyd allowed one run and four hits in five innings for Detroit. He was recalled from Triple-A Toledo to start in place of Daniel Norris, who has a strained right oblique.He did an excellent job, Ausmus said. He did exactly what we needed him to do.The Tigers loaded the bases against Blue Jays right-hander Aaron Sanchez with nobody out in the second but Toronto got a double play to limit the damage.Left fielder Ezequiel Carrera caught Steven Moyas fly ball and threw home in time to retire Martinez, who was attempting to tag up from third.Ausmus said Martinez made the decision to run on his own.It took a perfect throw to get him, Ausmus said. I think he was using little a bit of stealth there.Jarrod Saltalamacchia walked to load the bases a second time before Romine drove in the games first run when he was hit by a pitch.Saltalamacchia made it 2-0 in the fourth with a two-out RBI single. Carrera cut it to 2-1 with an RBI triple in the fifth.Sanchez had pitched eight innings in each of his previous two starts, both victories, but wasnt as sharp against the Tigers. He allowed two runs and five hits in five innings.Following the game, Sanchez was named to the AL All-Star team, replacing injured Red Sox closer Craig Kimbrel.Thats a huge accomplishment, Sanchez said. There were so many other guys deserving of this award and to be mentioned with those people is a huge honor for me.BLESS THIS MESSThe Tigers have won six of the seven games in which theyve made multiple errors.START ME UPBlue Jays starters have held the opposition to three earned runs or fewer in 11 straight.TRAINERS ROOMBlue Jays: OF Jose Bautista (left big toe) has begun hitting off a tee, manager John Gibbons said. Bautista has not played since June 16. There is no timetable for his return. ... INF Ryan Goins, who went on the DL with a strained forearm after pitching an inning of relief in Torontos 19-inning loss to Cleveland on July 1, has resumed throwing.UP NEXTTigers: RHP Anibal Sanchez (5-9, 6.52) allowed a season-worst seven runs in 4 1/3 innings in a 12-1 loss at Cleveland on July 5. Sanchez has not won as a starter since April 28 against Oakland.Blue Jays: RHP R.A. Dickey (6-9, 4.10) has allowed at least one home run in each of his past six starts, surrendering 11 in that span. Nike Roshe One Flyknit . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Nike Roshe Two Cheap . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. http://www.nikeroshesalecheap.com/nike-roshe-two-sale.html . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. Roshe One Sale . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. Nike Roshe One Slip On . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. With a new NRL deal signed and a minor premiership sealed, Melbourne centre Cheyse Blair is riding high heading into their qualifying final against North Queensland.Blair was a late inclusion in the Storm line-up to face Cronulla last Saturday night - with coach Craig Bellamy describing his recall as a gut feeling.It paid off in spades with Blair scoring a try in each half to set up the emphatic victory to win the minor premiership.Having just signed a two-year deal to stay in Melbourne, Blair said the match was the biggest of his 88-game career, which has featured stints at Parramatta and Manly before joining the Storm this season.It was a big game and Im stoked I got to be a part of it and crossed the line for two tries, the 24-year-old said.Its a pretty good feeling but this week is a whole new ball game.It almost didnt happen with Ryan Morgan named in the centres before Bellamy decided Blair - with his 194cm, 100kg frame - was the man.I just had a gut feeling I should put him in and that worked out so hopefully Chheyse can play another 80 minutes like that for as long as were in it, Bellamy said.ddddddddddddHes a big and strong guy and if he keeps his mind on the job hes hard to handle.Blair was stung by his axing after their round-23 loss to Canberra and said he was determined to make the most of another opportunity.He said he valued Bellamys honest approach to his players.Craigs very honest and straight up and if you dont do your job youll get left out, he said.I still came in and trained hard and prepared the same as I would every week to try and get that spot back and Im glad I did.The Storm have beaten the Cowboys twice this season but after tasting defeat in their preliminary final at AAMI Park last year are on guard for anything from the defending champions on Saturday night.Weve beaten them twice this year but theyre a very good side and theyve hit their straps last three weeks, Blair said. Discount NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen