Image and video hosting by TinyPic

xt week, so were concerned about maybe having to start treatment

in
Über uns
17.08.2018 16:39
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Not everyone in the golf world knew much about Jay Monahan except that he was anointed, and then appointed, the next PGA Tour commissioner.Odds are that Monahan knew about them.Monahan, who takes over on Jan. 1, brings a personal touch that was at times lacking from the three commissioners who preceded him. One example of that came on the practice range a few years ago during the Bridgestone Invitational.Caddies were in the middle of a class-action lawsuit against the tour over their treatment. Tension and mistrust were running high, especially at the sight of Tim Finchem talking with players on the range that day. Along came Monahan, and one caddie was asked if he knew much about Finchems new deputy commissioner.The caddie, his eyes narrowing as he looked Monahans way, said a player introduced them four or five years ago and while Monahan seemed like a decent guy, he would be just like the other suits at tour headquarters.Moments later, Monahan saw a familiar face and stopped to chat. He first introduced himself to the caddie, calling him by his first name.I dont know if you remember, but we met a few years ago, Monahan told him.The mood lightened. Judgment was reserved.Another such moment was in March at the Valspar Championship, where Monahan was sent for an announcement that Valspar was extending its title sponsorship through 2020. These are important deals, though they typically are filled with sleep-inducing corporate lingo. Monahan found time to talk about his aunt, Sue Rooney, who used to work in caddie registration and pestered him during summer holidays about how the Tampa Bay tournament didnt have a long-term sponsorship deal.She passed away in July, Monahan said. Shes looking down upon us all with a big smile today.Remembering names and personalizing moments only go so far when it comes to running an organization that brings in more than $1 billion in revenue, that is trying to figure out how fans will be watching golf 10 years from now when negotiating media deals and is charged with keeping 43 tournaments fully sponsored.Given the rest of Monahans background, it wont hurt.Finchem, who is retiring after 22 years and monumental growth in exposure and prize money, saw enough in Monahan to hire him away from Fenway Sports Management in 2008, get him involved in every important aspect of the PGA Tour and appoint him as deputy commissioner in 2014.Seth Waugh, the retired CEO of Deutsche Bank Americas, hired Monahan to run the Deutsche Bank Championship and then sent him Finchems way.I said to Tim when he was looking for someone to put in sales, `The best guy Ive seen is Jay Monahan, who was with the Red Sox then, Waugh said Tuesday. But I said, `If you hire him, hell be your replacement. He laughed. But I meant it.Relative to tour standards, hes had a meteoric rise, Waugh said. Tim recognized he had something different.Running the tour presents challenges large and small.Finchem and Monahan already spent plenty of time in New York this summer with television executives, working on the next deal. FedEx is up for renewal after this year, which is key to the FedEx Cup that the tour has billed as the centerpiece to its wraparound season. Still to be navigated is a game that is global by nature but lacking in structure. And the job that never ends is keeping the tour fully sponsored.Waugh often uses the word balance to describe Monahan, which starts with being a good listener.He tries to say `Yes instead of `No, and he figures out how to solve things, Waugh said. He does his work to figure out an opinion, and then he has an opinion. Hes not afraid to have an opinion, and hes going to make you feel good about having your opinion. Hes balanced, fair. He has a client focus. He will bring a different approach to sponsors, which is sorely needed.In an interview with Golf Digest that was published Tuesday, Finchem praised Monahan for being able to see big instead of small, for looking forward instead of behind him, and for having a skill set and background in sports that was superior to what I enjoyed when Finchem was tapped for the job.I think hes 10 percent more Irish than I am, but substantially more likable, Finchem said. If you talk about public speaking, I have a bit of an advantage over him because Ive been doing it longer. But he has a huge advantage over me because he really connects with people.He has this ability to say things that draw you in, in a meaningful way, Finchem added. If I tell a story, I give the overview. If he tells a story, he takes you there into the minutiae of what happens, and you really live through the moments of the story.Thats the personal touch Monahan brings. Starting in January, hell be measured by where it all leads. nfl jerseys china . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. wholesale nfl jerseys . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. http://www.cheapjerseysnflchinasupply.net/ . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. cheap jerseys . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. cheap jerseys usa . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. NEW YORK -- If anyone needed a reminder of the power of sport, the power of a moment in sport, one wouldnt have to look anymore at YouTube for one of the memorable football highlights.It was the 2013 spring game at the University of Nebraska. Decked in red-and-white, then-7-year-old Jack Hoffman carried the ball for a 69-yard touchdown run.The video posted by the school has been watched nearly nine million times.That 7-year-old turned 11 this week. Diagnosed with brain cancer at age 5, Jack Hoffman has had two rounds of chemotherapy and two different brain tumor surgeries.Hes doing great, said his father, Andy Hoffman. His MRI recently has shown some suspicious activity, so we are concerned. He has an MRI in Boston next week, so were concerned about maybe having to start treatment again.Something to brighten your day. Jack Hoffman with a 69 yard touchdown in the 2013 Nebraska Spring Game https://t.co/At5EIx1csD via @YouTube- ESPN_Motorsports (@ESPNMotorsports) September 28, 2016Were going to let tomorrow worry about itself.Andy Hoffman and his family started the Team Jack Foundation before that famous touchdown and had raised $300,000. Through the power of sport and hard work, it now has raised 10 times that amount with another $3 million in matching funds that the family is donating for pediatric brain cancer research and clinical trials that they hope will avoid the situation they found themselves in with a treatment program developed 30 years ago.It was no surprise that the NASCAR Foundations Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award went to Andy Hoffman. Its not because this charity was any more worthy than the other three finalists, but when the $100,000 award (the other finalists earned $25,000) was put up foor an online vote, it is pretty easy to remember watching that 7-year-old Jack and the emotions it stirred.ddddddddddddIts a huge credit to the power of sports, Andy Hoffman said Tuesday night prior to the award being announced. I always tell people when Jack scored that touchdown run in the spring of 2013, he didnt just score a touchdown for the Nebraska Cornhuskers for the red team, he scored a touchdown for pediatric brain cancer research.Thats what thats been all about. Thats what weve been able to do with that entire platform.Introducing Hoffman at the NASCAR Foundation Honors Gala on Tuesday night was Martin Truex Jr., whose own foundation was created with similar goals as far as developing new, pediatric-centric cancer treatments. He had spent the day with his longtime girlfriend, Sherry Pollex, in a media blitz to talk about Pollexs battle with ovarian cancer and their foundations efforts in that arena.Its amazing, Truex said about Hoffman. Its an unbelievable story and his commitment is incredible.Jack Hoffman was at the event. He remembers his iconic touchdown run maybe a little different than others.I was freaked out that morning, he said.The shy 11-year-old -- stoked by getting a mini drum for his birthday this week -- admits he has watched the video of the touchdown a few times.He lived it -- he has an ESPY as the best moment of 2013 -- and continues to fight.We see so many kids affected by this disease that arent doing as well as Jack, Andy Hoffman said. So from our perspective, hes doing awesome. Were going to just keep battling and fighting until we beat this thing. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen