Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OTTAWA -- The Florida Panthers have been put on notice, and the players say the message has been received. [url=http://www.tmanc

in
Über uns
20.08.2018 04:59
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

OTTAWA -- The Florida Panthers have been put on notice, and the players say the message has been received. Gabriel Jesus Jersey . The Panthers fired head coach Kevin Dineen and assistants Gord Murphy and Craig Ramsay on Friday after the team got off to a dismal start to the regular season. More changes could still come if the team doesnt soon find a way to improve its on-ice performance. The Panthers have lost ten of their last eleven games, sit seventh in the Atlantic Division with a 3-9-4 record and are 27th in the league heading into Fridays games. "Its easier to fire a coach than to fire 23 players," general manager Dale Tallon said on a conference call earlier in the day. "But were on the phone constantly and were going to make changes as we go. We want people that want to be Panthers, and if they dont want to be well accommodate them. Right now Im dissatisfied with the effort from most of the guys and we need to be better." Peter Horachek, who had been coaching the teams American Hockey League affiliate in San Antonio, was named interim coach. Director of player development Brian Skrudland and professional scout John Madden will serve as assistant coaches. The Panthers took part in their first practice Friday with Horachek at the helm. Afterwards they said they were disappointed by Dineens firing and know its up to them to turn things around. "I think for us as players we definitely share or take most of the blame for what has gone on, but were trying to look forward now," said defenceman Brian Campbell. Players are well aware of the situation and say they control their own fate. "Who knows whos safe and what not, but now its just going out and playing the right way as a team," said Erik Gudbranson. "Weve put ourselves behind the eight ball early in this season and the only way that we can get out of it is within our dressing room and going out there and playing hard and playing the right way." When asked about Tallons comments on potential trades, Campbell admitted such things shouldnt even need to be said at this point. "I dont think Dale needs to say a word about that," said Campbell. "Us as players should realize that, but hopefully it can bring us together closer and we can think about the good times we had with Kevin and then move forward to hopefully great times ahead." Tallon met with reporters in Ottawa late Friday afternoon and said, "we need our better players to play better or I have to get better players." Rumours had been swirling for weeks that a change was likely imminent and Tallon said he felt a change was necessary. "Youve got to do something, you cant sit still when were doing this poorly," he said. "We have new ownership and they have high expectations of excellence and performance and so weve got to make sure and we had to change direction." Panthers owner Vinnie Viola, who bought the club in late September, wrote a letter to fans saying the change in direction was "absolutely necessary." "With 66 games remaining this season our expectations remain the same," Viola wrote. "We expect a team that plays hard, that sacrifices for each other, that gives everything they have for our fans and supporters, and a team that wins hockey games. By the end of this season we expect to be competing for a place in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and we expect to have taken a significant step toward achieving the goals and objectives we have set for this franchise." With the Panthers playing the Senators Saturday afternoon Horachek, known as a no-nonsense coach, has little time to implement many changes, but he does hope the days events resonate with players. "I think the guys know theres a talent there, theres ability there and they have pride and they have to understand that theres a big responsibility on their backs for where they are and whats gone on," said Horachek. "I think theres a professionalism and they have to move forward here and do all the things necessary to be a competitive team, be where we need to be and how we need to play and I think they realize that. They feel good about committing and being part of that journey right now." Horacheck says its up to the players to look in the mirror and take responsibility for the situation. "We have to take a bigger, better approach on how we approach our day and how we approach ourselves," he said. "Are we prepared to practice, are we prepared to play? And how we want to go about that. What kind of team do we want to be? Do we want to be individuals or do we want to start playing the way were capable of playing?" When asked what the biggest problem has been this year Campbell summed it up fairly easily. "I think our consistency definitely," said Campbell. "We can be more consistent throughout a game, shift to shift. Expectations put on yourself, but also accountability. I dont think theres enough accountability right now put on each and everyone of us. I think thats something we need to change and expect everybody playing on the same page and nobody taking shortcuts." Tallons message to the players was simple. "Win a fourth game and go from there. Win the next game and be ready to play hard in that particular game." Dineen was 56-62-28 in parts of three seasons, leading the Panthers to the 2012 Southeast Division title and guiding the team into the playoffs for the first time since 2000. Tallon said Dineen has been offered a spot within the organization. -- With files from The Associated Press. Bernardo Silva Jersey . -- In the stadium program sold at the Miami Dolphins game on Halloween, Richie Incognito was asked whos the easiest teammate to scare. Sergio Aguero Jersey . 1 Pete Sampras. Speaking ahead of an exhibition match against Andre Agassi in London on March 3, Sampras said on a conference call Wednesday that he is impressed by Federers longevity. http://www.tmancitysoccershop.com/c-24-nicolas-otamendi-manchester-city-fc-jersey.aspx . Team spokesman Donald Beauchamp said there was no new information on the 80-year-old Hall of Famers condition. The family has requested privacy.MONTREAL -- Geroy Simon has come to Ben Cahoons home field to try to break the CFLs all-time pass receptions record. Five catches last week against B.C. left the Saskatchewan slotback tied with the retired Cahoon at 1,017 career receptions. There is little doubt the record will fall when the Roughriders (8-4) take on the Montreal Alouettes (4-8) on Sunday afternoon. Simon has caught at last one pass in 182 consecutive games. Watch the Roughriders vs. Alouettes live today on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 1pm et/11am pt. "Its a great accomplishment," Simon said Saturday. "I consider Ben a friend and someone who has been very good in this league for a long time. "Hes one of the greats, and to have the opportunity to break his record in the stadium where he did so many great things is an honour. Itll be fitting to break it here." The record will be a sideshow in a game between two injury-riddled clubs that are both desperate to end three-game losing streaks. The Roughriders have not won since running back Kory Sheets was injured, while Montreal, missing both starter Anthony Calvillo and backup Tanner Marsh, will have Josh Neiswander making a second straight start at quarterback. His backups will be former Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith, who only joined the team in August, and Canadian Kyle Graves, who had been trying to crack the lineup as a receiver. Simons chase of the record Cahoon set in 2010 has stirred debate on two of the CFLs all-time great receivers, who were very different in their style of play. Cahoon, now a 41-year-old receivers coach at his alma mater, Brigham Young University, was known for being small and slow but blessed with remarkable hands. Most of his catches were for seven or eight yards over the middle, where hed grab the ball out of a crowd of defenders and hang on while taking ferocious hits. The 38-year-old Simon is better know as a deep threat, although the Johnstown, Pa., native catches balls short and long. "Its unfair to compare us because we were two different types of receiver," said Simon. "He was more of a possession guy and I was a more dynamic player, in the sense that I feel I can do a little bit of everything. "I wasnt necessarily a down-field guy but I can catch the ball downfield. I wasnt a possession guy, but I can do that as well. I dont know if you could say I was a more complete player. I wanted to play a more complete gaame. Kevin De Bruyne Jersey. " The five-foot-nine Cahoon, considered a non-import because he spent part of his childhood in various southern Alberta towns, played 13 seasons, all with Montreal. He won three Grey Cups and was named the leagues top Canadian twice. He is sixth all-time in receiving yards with 13,301. On Oct. 11, 2010, he broke the previous record of 1,006 catches held by Terry Vaughn. Simon, in his 15th season, broke Milt Stegalls record for career receiving yards last season and has since stretched it to 16,188. He is also one 100-yard game short of former Calgary Stampeder Allen Pitts record of 64. Now he is on the brink of passing Cahoon. "Well throw him every pass all day until he gets it," Riders coach Corey Chamblin joked. "I was here when Ben got it, so that will be something unique to see. "Itll be wonderful for Geroy. Hes earned it." Simon will be overtaking one of the most popular players in Alouettes history. Veteran receiver Eric Deslauriers said Cahoons trademark was reliability. "He was a guy that caught probably six or seven balls a game," said Deslauriers. "Teams knew he was going to catch balls. They knew the routes he was going to run. They knew Anthony was going to throw him the ball in triple coverage. And he came up with the ball every time. "He was the type of guy that, you see him on the street and you think whats this guy, the kicker? But the reality is that he was a great leader and an awesome football player." Jim Popp, the Alouettes coach and general manager, said Cahoons success came from intelligence and excellent technique. "He had unbelievable hands," said Popp. "But the thing he didnt get enough credit for was that he knew how to come out of a break and separate himself. "Hed dip his shoulder low and he could always create separation between a defensive back and himself, no matter much bigger, stronger, or faster they were than him." Popp has also admired Simon, who broke into the CFL with Winnipeg but had his best years after moving to the B.C. Lions in 2001. He signed with Saskatchewan this season, where he has not been Darian Durants main target but has 28 catches for 401 yards and three touchdowns. "Hes always been a deep ball threat," said Popp. "He goes up and makes catches. "And I love his Superman pose. I just dont want him doing it in our stadium." Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen