Image and video hosting by TinyPic

flchinasupply.net/]cheap jerseys[/url] [url=http://www

in
Über uns
20.08.2018 15:40
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

RENTON, Wash. -- Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwins time with reporters Thursday began with a statement on race, law enforcement and social activism, reflections that follow the latest police-involved shootings of black men in the United States.This is not an isolated incident, said Baldwin, who is African-American and the son of a police officer. This is not an isolated conversation. This is not isolated just to some specific parts of our country. We see that now. And the advancement of technology has proven that, from the video of Rodney King in 1991 to the numerous incidents that we now have visual evidence of today.Now this is not an indictment of our law enforcement agencies. I just want that to be clear. We know that theres a select few -- a very minute few -- of law enforcement who are not abiding by those laws and policies. However, we also know that there are laws and policies that are in place that are not correcting the issue that we have in our society right now.So as an American, a black male in this country, Im suggesting, calling -- Im demanding that all 50 state attorney generals [sic] call for a review of their policies and training policies for police and law enforcement to eliminate militaristic cultures while putting a higher emphasis on de-escalation tactics and crisis management measures.Washington state Attorney General Bob Ferguson responded to Baldwins remarks on his Twitter account later Thursday.Baldwins statement comes two days after police fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, North Carolina, and five days after 40-year-old Terence Crutcher was fatally shot by an officer in Tulsa, Oklahoma.Baldwin said he has spoken extensively with San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick about these issues in the past month.You watch that video of that man who has his hands raised up, and hes walking back to his car, Baldwin said. Now I dont know all the context, but I know that man has a family, and I cant help but put myself in that situation. The man had his hands up.My fathers a police officer, and hes told me numerous times about his training and how theyve gone through what they call verbal judo, which is essentially them trying to de-escalate the situation. From what I understand, and from what hes told me and his experience in homeland security, is that that method of training is not consistent throughout the entirety of the United States. And thats an issue.When you see numerous instances like this happen, and again, you dont know all the context, but youre asking questions. And we also know that the laws that are in place and policies that are in place that protect the law enforcement from any persecution, we understand that theres an inherent risk that comes with being a police officer. But that should not be the case of being a citizen in the United States. There should not be an inherent risk when you have an encounter with law enforcement. There should not be a concern or worry that the law enforcement is not there to protect you. And I think that were raising a culture or society right now that is questioning that very sentiment. And so as a human being, I cant help but sit up here and tell you how I feel and let you know that its not OK.Baldwin said the team has formed a Building Bridges Task Force to meet with local law enforcement officials and politicians. He said some of the meetings have already taken place and called them enlightening and eye-opening.Baldwin and the Seahawks have locked arms during the national anthem as a demonstration of unity, but he said the team supports Kaepernicks message.The conversation has gotten to the point where, yes, the situation thats upon us right now, whats going on in our country, its devastating, but now it has to reach a point of intolerable, Baldwin said. We cannot tolerate this. Lives are being lost, and there are questions that need to be answered, and people deserve an answer, and I think thats where were at right now. Buy Nike Shox . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. Womens Nike Shox Clearance .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. http://www.shoxnikesalecheap.com/ . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. Nike Shox Buy Online .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Shox Outlet . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Derrick Rose has a clear understanding of his new role with the New York Knicks.My job is to come here and help [Carmelo Anthony] win. This is his team, Rose said on Tuesday after his first training camp practice with the Knicks. In practice to push him, be on him, when I see that hes being lazy or something like that.And its vice versa, hes going to be on me when he needs to push me. Its no bad blood. Im just here to help him win.Anthonys Knicks have missed the playoffs for the past three seasons, struggling through a rebuild.Team president Phil Jackson sped the rebuild along this summer, putting together a roster thats expected to compete for a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. The overhaul started with a trade in late June for Rose, who said Tuesday that he hopes to make life easier for Anthony by drawing extra attention from opposing defenses and creating open shots for his new teammate.He should have a lot more open shots, knock down shots, and hes a knock-down shooter, Rose said. My job is to make the game easier for him.The Knicks also added Joakim Noah, Brandon Jennings and Courtney Lee to a roster that won just 32 games last season. Players have expressed optimism that they can return to the playoffs this season.The partnership between Rose, who is facing a civil suit alleging sexual assault as well as a criminal investigation, and Anthony is one of several key factors for New York entering the season.Rose said Tuesday that he and Noah, whom the Knicks signed over the summer to a four-year, $72 million deal, are here to help Anthony win games again.Were coming in here, were battle-tested. Our job is to make his job as eaasy as possible, Rose said of he and Noah.dddddddddddd That means if its sacrificing, were sacrificing. Whatever [Anthony] wants us to do, were going to do it, bro. We dont want no problems. We just want to win.Im not coming in with any ego problem, and Im not coming in chasing no stats or anything like that. I dont care about my stats. I dont look at them after games. My job is as long as we win, I can sleep easy at night. Thats the only thing I worry about. Just coming here winning. And let the city feel it.Rose, the 2011 MVP, has struggled to stay on the court in recent seasons. Hes played in just 40 percent of his games over the past five seasons because of a variety of injuries, and hes entering the final year of his contract set to make $21.6 million this season.Anthony said Tuesday that hes looking forward to helping Rose with a fresh start in New York.Im more excited for him than I think he is for himself. I love kind of comeback stories, Anthony said. I love when guys are always counted out, backs up against the wall, and they have an opportunity to go out there and prove themselves.You can just see a different Derrick than what youve seen over the past couple of years. You can just look at it. The look is on his face. You can just see it.The civil suit Rose faces is scheduled to go to trial on Oct. 4 in Los Angeles. If Rose attends the trial, he will likely miss preseason games and practices with the Knicks.Rose has maintained that hes innocent of allegations and said Monday that he hasnt been distracted by the case. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen