Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ener, gave Nebraska all it could han

in
Über uns
23.08.2018 13:01
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Chad Brown was planning to be at Del Mar -- home of the 2017 Breeders Cup -- this weekend when half a dozen of his runners will populate the $300,000 Hollywood Derby and the $300,000 Matriarch. Really, he was.Ive never been to Del Mar, never won a race there, Brown said Thursday from New York. And I wanted to come out. But ?Here it comes. East Coast excuse No. 487 for a trainer blowing off a stakes date in California. Okay, go ahead.I only have one brother, Todd, and he has one child, my nephew, Brown said. Hes being christened on Sunday, the day of the Matriarch.Well, thats very nice. Family comes first, and all that jazz.Hes 6 months old, his name is Evan, Brown added, and Im the godfather.The man gets a pass.Brown did his time in California a decade ago as part of the Bobby Frankel crew. He answered most often to top assistant Humberto Ascanio during the Hollywood Park spring meet, then he would bounce east to be with the boss during Saratoga.Brown left the Frankel nest in late 2007, won a Breeders Cup race the following year in his first try, and now has nailed down his first national championship on the strength of more than $22 million in stable earnings, while relegating Todd Pletcher to second place for the first time since 2009, no mean feat. Pletcher was 37 when he won his first earnings title in 2004. Brown turns 38 on Dec. 18.Sometimes people say to me, a jocks agent, even a journalist, Todd -- oh, Im sorry, I mean Chad, Brown said with a laugh. I tell them not to worry about it. My mom always calls me Todd.In approaching Saturdays Hollywood Derby, at a mile and one-eighth on firm turf, Todd Browns brother did not exactly overthink the challenge. He simply turned to his 1-2-3 finishers in the Oct. 8 Hill Prince Stakes at Belmont Park -- at a mile and one-eighth on firm turf -- and sent them packing to Del Mar.Camelot Kitten, already a multiple stakes winner, finished first in the Hill Prince, a head in front of Secretariat Stakes winner Beach Patrol. Annals of Time, making his stakes debut, was a length back in third. They have nine opponents in the Hollywood Derby, topped by Del Mar Derby winner Free Rose and Twilight Derby winner Frank Conversation.Its been a long year for Camelot Kitten and Beach Patrol, while Annals of Time is more lightly raced than the other two, Brown said. But I took the same approach to the Hollywood Derby and the Matriarch that Ive taken since Ive been in business -- I train them all individually, and if an individual earns the right to run in a certain race, I run em.Brown is channeling other top-flight trainers who had the numbers to flood stakes races in an attempt to take as much off the table as possible. Charlie Whittingham, who once ran 1-2-3 in the Hollywood Gold Cup, would say, We got em surrounded. And he was right.Still, there is a delicate political minefield to negotiate when a patron looks up to see another horse from the same barn beat his pride and joy on the money. Then again, most trainers would envy such a problem.My clients will tell you Im brutally honest with myself and tell it how it is and what I see, Brown said. I have no problem running multiple horses in a race. If a horse belongs in a race, they run. I dont come up with a reason not to run just to keep horses separated. Thankfully, I have many veteran owners who are appreciative just to make it to big stakes races with a chance to win, regardless of who else is running.Browns championship season has been highlighted by the campaign of likely Eclipse Award champion Flintshire in the male turf category and the comeback story of Lady Eli, who made a miraculous recovery from founder. They were also part of the stables most frustrating afternoon on Nov. 5, the second day of the Breeders Cup at Santa Anita.With different race scenarios, we could have had an historic Breeders Cup for us, Brown noted. Flintshire gets caught in a paceless race with a class horse, Highland Reel, running off on an easy lead. Lady Eli gets caught right on the wire in the Filly-Mare Turf, and Wavell Avenue races six wide the whole way in the Filly-Mare Sprint.All three finished second, earning about $1.2 million in the process, while New Money Honey bagged the Juvenile Fillies Turf the day before to salvage the barns lone Breeders Cup win, Browns eighth in nine years. Never mind what might have been.I understand the breaks go both ways, Brown said. Look how long it took Bobby Frankel to win his first Breeders Cup race, with Squirtle Squirt in 2001. And just last Saturday, Connect gave us a good bob at the wire in the Cigar Mile.You cant pick and choose what photos youre going to win, Brown added. But we were lucky to have enough of them go our way to have an outstanding year. And next year, if the horses take me there, I will be at Del Mar. Air Max Pas Chere Femme . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. Air Max 90 Ez Noir . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. http://www.airmaxpaschere.fr/air-max-95-pas-cher-femme.html .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. Air Max 97 Femme Pas Cher . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. Nike Air Max Plus Tn Ultra Femme . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraskas fourth-quarter dominance showed up again Saturday. This time it was Terrell Newby leading the way.The senior ran for 113 of his 140 yards and scored two touchdowns in the last 15 minutes, just in time for the 15th-ranked Cornhuskers to turn back Illinois upset bid and win 31-16.Newby touched the ball on 18 of Nebraskas last 21 plays from scrimmage and the Cornhuskers (5-0, 2-0 Big Ten) won going away after being down 16-10. They also avenged a 14-13 loss last year in Champaign.Newby, I thought, was a real man today, Nebraska coach Mike Riley said.Newby didnt have much choice. Fellow running back Devine Ozigbo went out of the game late in the third quarter with an ankle injury, and backup Mikale Wilbon was banged up.I knew I had to kind of carry the load from then on, Newby said. I accepted it and wanted to do everything in my power to get the victory.Newbys two TDs came as Nebraska scored 21 straight points to overcome a 16-10 deficit. The Huskers have outscored their five opponents 78-6 in the fourth quarter.Illinois (1-3, 0-1) got off only 10 offensive plays after taking its six-point lead with 7:40 left in the third quarter. The Illini have lost 14 straight and 23 of 24 against Top 25 opponents.We got better today. We still have a loss but I think we made improvements, Illinois coach Lovie Smith said. We hung in there throughout, had a lead for most of the game, but its about finishing. We didnt do that.Nebraska, favored by three touchdowns, turned over the ball on back-to-back possessions while falling behind. The Illini had to settle for field goals after each takeaway, allowing the Huskers to stay close.The Huskers went 18 plays in 10:42 to take a one-point lead early in the fourth. Nebraska kept the drive alive because of two huge penalties on the Illini. Chunky Clements had Tommy Armstrong Jr. stopped for a loss on a third-and-12, but he was called for a horse-collar tackle, and Darius Mosley was flagged for pass interference on a fourth-and-4.The biggest play, though, was when Newby picked up a first ddown by inches on a fourth-and-1 at the Illinois 4.dddddddddddd The spot stood after a video review.Its a game of inches, Newby said. I tried to do everything I could to stretch the ball out. Im glad it went our way.Newby went into the end zone from the 3 on the next play, and he finished the scoring with a 63-yard burst.Reggie Corbin led the Illini with 72 yards on nine carries, and Kendrick Foster scored their only touchdown on a 31-yard run. Wes Lunt was 13 for 22 for 133 yards.Definitely no moral victories, Lunt said, but were so close to breaking through. Were leading all the way up to the fourth and battled through adversity all game. But at the end, they made a few plays and won the game.THE TAKEAWAYILLINOIS: The Illini, who have lost three in a row since winning their opener, gave Nebraska all it could handle. The offense couldnt get going again once the Huskers took the lead, and the defense was on the field way too long.NEBRASKA: The Huskers should feel good about getting out of this one with a win considering all their injuries. Jordan Westerkamp was taken to a hospital to be evaluated after he appeared to take a knee to the back while getting tackled. Tight end Cethan Carter injured his elbow early in the game.Looking at our team and watching that thing take place, it appears to be a real good time for a bye week, Riley said.POLL IMPLICATIONSNebraska has a chance to move up, but the Huskers arent ready to break into the top 10 for the first time since 2011.LAST WORDWell, did you all stay around for the fourth quarter? That didnt look like much up until then. -- Riley.UP NEXTILLINOIS: The Illini return home to face Purdue, which they beat 48-14 last season.NEBRASKA: The Huskers have an open date next week before visiting Indiana on Oct. 15. It will be the Huskers first game against Indiana since they became Big Ten members in 2011.---Online:AP college football website: http://collegefootball.ap.org Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen