Image and video hosting by TinyPic

home.?Ericka N. Goodman-Hughey is a s

in
Über uns
13.04.2018 13:14
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Evangelista Cyborg Santos?told MMA Fighting that he suffered a fractured skull during his loss to Michael Page at Saturdays Bellator 158 in London.In the second round of their welterweight bout at the O2 Arena, Santos was dropped by Page with a flying knee to the head.Im under observation now and will have surgery in the United States, Santos told MMA Fighting. I had a serious injury, but Bellator is giving me all the support I need.His ex-wife, MMA fighter Cris Cyborg Justino, took to Instagram to ask for thoughts and prayers.Santos, 38, detailed the injury to MMA Fighting as a serious fracture in his forehead.Despite the injury, he said he plans to continue his MMA career.Ill be back soon, he told MMA Fighting.Page took to Twitter on Sunday to wish Santos a speedy recovery.Page had made headlines Saturday when he celebrated the victory by putting on a Pokemon cap and rolling a Pokeball at Santos in an ode to Pokemon Go, the popular mobile app. Discount Ducks Jerseys .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. Corey Perry Jersey . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. http://www.cheapducksjerseyschina.com/ . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Patrick Eaves Jersey . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Cheap Ducks Jerseys . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. U.S. gymnastics superstar Simone Biles may have five Olympic medals swinging from her neck, but its her mother Nellie Biles, who feels like the ultimate champion.Simones road to Rio was such an amazing journey for our whole family. Im just so thankful, noted Mrs. Biles.You see, Simones accomplishments are rooted in her mothers ability to create a village (a tight-knit community of family and friends) that supports her daughter through ups, downs and everything in between. For instance, the extended Biles family does a weekly family dinner, attends church together -- and all flew out to Rio to see Simone shine at the Olympics.Nellie, who adopted 19-year-old Simone and her 17-year-old sister Adria when they were small children, along with her husband Ron (Simone and Adrias biological grandfather), wants her kids to know and understand they are unconditionally loved -- and thats part of the Biles magic. ??Last week, while Simone was on a media blitz, hitting The Ellen DeGeneres Show and Good Morning America, Mrs. Biles sat down with espnW from her hotel room in midtown Manhattan to discuss her commitment to family and how she keeps her daughter steady on the balance beam of life.espnW: At what point did you know you Simone was a gifted athlete? Biles: From the start she absolutely loved gymnastics. I always supported her, but I never thought much of it. It wasnt until 2012, when Simone won her first all-around [at the American Classic in Huntsville, Texas], that I really started to believe... wow, my daughter really gets this sport.The following year she was a senior in high school, and had turned 16 years old. So, a lot of things were evolving in her life. Simone started having problems with concentration and her focus was off, and as a result her performance was a bit rough at the Secret U.S. Classic. After that competition, we talked to a sports psychologist, which helped her regain focus.I believe her talking to those two therapists was really key.?She then went on to win the womens individual all-around at the [2013 World Artistic Gymnastics Championship in Antwerp, Belgium]. Once that happened, I knew we were headed to greater times. I always knew she could physically do it. She was capable, it was her mental status that needed to be aligned. And it all worked out.espnW: Your daughter Adria is a gymnast as well. How do you help create a sense of work/personal life balance for she and Simone?Biles: I think its important that we function as a family. Not only for my two girls, but for Simones brothers, too; because I have four children. The boys are grown and live on their own. But, they still come to the house and visit quite frequently.But, in particular Simone and Adria normally train all week except Sunday. So theres no real break. However, on Saturday, they start at 9 a.m. and end at 1 p.m. Because thats an early end day, the girls often use that afternoon to get their nails or hair done.However, during the week, they are balancing school work and gymnastics, and that pretty much takes up their time. Then Sunday is family day, so we always go to church together. And I normally leave it up to the girls to decide what we are having for Sunday dinner, and they will argue about what they want, but they eventually come to some sort of consensus. The boys come over in the evening time, and we just enjoy each others company.espnW: What was your most memorable moment in Rio?Biles: There are a few for me. But, just celebrating all of Simones accomplishments was just so special. We didnt get a chance to see her that often, because Simone was in the Olympic village, and we were in a hotel. We brought a group of 17 family members and friends to Rio with us, just to support her. So having such a huge amount of support in general, was quite memorable.?Each time we came back from competition, wed all sit down and celebrate as a group. We wanted to recall and discuss what we had just witnessed, and it wwas just so special to share those moments with friends and family.dddddddddddd We all got together about six or seven times during the Olympics and it was simply amazing, after each competition, we all shared that experience together.Though, there was one particular moment that truly stuck out to me. It was when we first saw Simone, which was when the U.S. won gold in team competition, she along with the other gymnasts came around to our hotel. It was a big celebration for all of the athletes and families, and that was an amazing experience for us all.espnW: What goes through your mind when Simone is in competition?Biles: I am absolutely a basket case during competition. Whenever we go to the meets, my family knows not to talk to me. Im in my own space. I dont want any comments. I dont want anyone to say anything to me until its over. Now depending on how nervous I get, Ill squeeze my husbands hand or Adrias hand. I may look calm, but Im not! Im [a] total wreck until its over. I cannot eat or drink the entire day leading up to the competition.Im sure partnership proposals are flooding your inbox post-Olympics, why did you think the My Black is Beautiful and Tides Small but Powerful campaigns were a good fit for you and Simone?Biles: The Tide PODS concept alone. My daughter is small in stature, but shes incredibly powerful. The fact that they made that analogy between the PODS and Simone, was just so fitting. Also, Proctor & Gambles My Black is Beautiful campaign (which features P&G products that caters to an African-American female demographic) -- the goal of it is to promote women feeling comfortable in their own skin. The message is about black women empowering themselves, and embracing themselves both inside and out. And thats a very important platform for my daughter and me.espnW: You and your husband Ron opened World Champions Centre in Spring, Texas, where Simone trains. Do you think the gym was part of her ultimate success?Biles: So, after the worlds completion in 2013, Simones then trainer Aimee Boorman wanted to discuss finding a new gym. But, I didnt think that was a good idea. I didnt want my daughter bouncing from gym to gym. However, that made me think ... maybe, we should build our own gym, which we did in 2014. Simone started training there right away (it opened to the public in May 2016).Overall, building the gym was one of the best things Ive ever done. It gave her a comfortable place to train, and I would say for the last year, while training for the Olympics, it really helped. She was really grateful to have somewhere to train that was state of the art, with new equipment and she had everything she needed right there.Plus, its a great place for other gymnasts as well. So, its a service to the community. We also have practice space for things like Taekwondo or just tumbling. Theres some variety in that gym. We even have a classroom on site, so that the athletes can go to school while training.espnW: Speaking of Aimee Boorman, as of August 2016, she is no longer training your daughter. How is Simone dealing with the change?Biles: Aimee and I had an initial conversation about that. From our chat, I got the impression that she had other opportunities coming her way, and thats wonderful for her. Its great that she took advantage. Simply because theres no more Simone in that gym. Simone is off doing her own thing, so its good that Aimee decided to pursue her dreams as well.Initially, Simone had a little difficulty with it, but she understands and embraces the idea. I do not know what [Simone] is going to do in respect to training going forward and she doesnt either. But, shell figure it out when she gets back to Texas. Well cross that bridge when shes back home.?Ericka N. Goodman-Hughey is a senior editor at espnW. Follow her on Twitter @ericka_editor Discount NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen