Image and video hosting by TinyPic

mound Thursday for his eighth career start and fourth since he was brought ba

in
Über uns
31.08.2018 15:22
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

(STATS) -- There wasnt much Wofford and The Citadel, two Southern Conference rivals that run the triple option on offense, werent going to know about each other on Saturday.Wofford true freshman Joe Newman was somewhat of the exception.He came off the bench when starting quarterback Brandon Goodson was injured in the second half, scoring on a 36-yard keeper in the fourth quarter to provide the winning margin of Woffords 17-3 victory at No. 6 seed The Citadel in the second round of the FCS playoffs.The Citadel (10-2) had gone unbeaten in the SoCon, but Wofford (10-3) avenged a regular-season loss while advancing to play at Youngstown State (10-3) in the quarterfinals next Saturday.I truly believe that we have a team that for whatever reason believes so strongly in themselves, said Woffords 29th-year coach Mike Ayers.I love this group of kids. Some of them are real goofy, but they are young. The one thig they are not goofy about is when they go on that field and play. I cant say enough about our coaches and our preparation.The Terriers have 28 seniors on their roster, but Newman played a key role in the first important action of his career. He appeared in only three regular-season games.When Goodson was injured on the Terriers second possession of the third quarter, Newman entered the game.It was tied 3-3 in the fourth quarter when he raced around left end for a go-ahead touchdown with 10:28 left to play.The Citadel ground its way to the Wofford 8 on its next possession, but the drive stalled and Cody Clark missed his third field goal of the game from 32 yards out. He entered 12 of 16 on the season.A Lorenzo Long 43-yard run put Wofford in field-goal range, but David Marvins 46-yard attempt was partially blocked with 4:23 left, giving The Citadel one more possession.The Bulldogs got into Wofford territory, but Terriers defensive back Devin Watson intercepted Dominique Allen at his teams 38 and raced untouched for a 62-yard pick-six to seal the upset.Neither team found the end zone until the fourth quarter. Clark converted a 23-yard field goal midway through the first quarter. Marvin kicked a 46-yarder in the third quarter to even the game.The two rushing attacks -- The Citadel entered the game ranked first in the FCS and Wofford was fifth -- finished below their season averages. Wofford finished with 223 yards, led by Longs 90. The Citadel had 236 yards, led by Tyler Renews 76 and Allens 60.Wofford trails The Citadel in the all-time series, closing its deficit to 41-28-1. nba jerseys from china .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. nba jerseys china . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. http://www.cheapnbajerseyschinastore.com/ . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they looked comfortable. nba stitched jerseys . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. cheap nba jerseys china .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. MILWAUKEE -- Its been a dismal season at times for the Milwaukee Brewers, who are nearing the end of the first full year of rebuilding under the watchful eye of general manager David Stearns.But one thing thats gone right for the Brewers in 2016 is their home record. Milwaukee finished up a three-game sweep of the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday afternoon to improve to 36-29 at home, where theyve won six of their last eight games including four in a row.I know weve had stretches throughout my tenure here where thats been the case, left fielder Ryan Braun said. Its just one of those weird things. Most teams in baseball are a little bit more comfortable at home, have a little better routines at home, and play better at home.History suggests the Brewers winning ways at home will continue this weekend when the Pittsburgh Pirates roll into town for a four-game set that starts Thursday night.Miller Park has been nothing short of a house of horrors for the Pirates, who have lost nine in a row in Milwaukee and are 17-64 at Miller Park since the start of the 2007 season.The Brewers have tormented the Pirates in general during that stretch, posting a 103-54 record.Theyve played better than us, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said Wednesday after his squad fell to Houston 5-4. I know it sounds (simplistic). They have. And were due. Thats the way I look at it. The longer you go without winning a game somewhere, the better your chances are to win. Its our time to do something there.Chad Kuhl tries o stop the bleeding when he takess the mound Thursday for his eighth career start and fourth since he was brought back from the minors Aug.dddddddddddd 9.He was 1-0 with a 4.19 ERA when he was sent down in mid-July and in three starts since hasnt allowed more than two earned runs and worked six innings each time out.Kuhl took no-decision after his last outing, when he allowed three runs (two earned) and five hits without a walk or a strikeout in a 3-1 loss to the Marlins.I thought he pitched a very competitive ballgame, Hurdle said. He pitched out of traffic in the third inning, when it could have really got complicated. He showed really good poise to get the ground ball to get the double play to end the inning. I thought he pitched very good ballgame.Milwaukee, meanwhile, turns to Wily Peralta, who has looked sharp since returning from a two-month demotion to Triple-A.The Brewers opening day starter was 4-7 with a 6.68 ERA in 13 starts when sent down July 11.Since returning, though, hes 1-2 with a 3.50 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 18 innings over three starts.I found my rhythm and felt better about my pitches, Peralta said of his time in the minors. The pitches dont move where they are supposed to there but you have to do whatever you can and make sure you get on top of your pitches. Its not easy; you have to learn.You have to make sure your timing and rhythm is there. If its not, the pitch is not going to do anything. Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen