Image and video hosting by TinyPic

[/url] [url=http://www.wohlesalejerseyschina.cc/]Je

in
Über uns
01.09.2018 13:43
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

HALLE, Germany -- Top-seeded Roger Federer looked rusty in beating German wild card Cedrik-Marcel Stebe 6-3, 6-3 on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals of the Gerry Weber Open, his usual tune-up for Wimbledon. His first singles match on grass as he prepares to defend the Wimbledon title wasnt all smooth sailing but Federer was never really threatened. "Im always pleased when I win, no matter how I win," Federer said. Gael Monfils reached quarterfinals as well, then announced he will miss Wimbledon. After defeating Czech qualifier Jan Hernych 6-2, 6-3, Monfils said he withdrew his request for a Wimbledon wild card because he had to deal with a personal problem that could not be delayed. He didnt elaborate. Mikhail Youzhny also advanced to the last eight by upsetting fourth-seeded Kei Nishikori 6-1, 6-7 (4), 6-3. German wild card Mischa Zverev went through by beating Mirza Basic 7-6 (5), 6-3 after coming from behind in both sets. Four of Federers seven Wimbledon titles have come after Federer had also won the build-up event in Halle. His link to the Halle event, where has five titles, is so deep that he has had a street named after him. Now ranked No. 3 in the world, Federer has not won a title this year and is coming off a quarterfinal loss at the French Open. Serving for the first set, Federer produced four straight errors to waste two set points and drop his serve with some very sloppy play. He bounced back in the next, however, to win the set. Federer hit two wild backhands to help Stebe hold his serve in the seventh game of the second. Federer also committed a double-fault on his first match point, but hit a volley winner to end it. "I got an early double-break lead in the first, I got up a break in the second, it was pretty straightforward," said Federer, who next faces Zverev. Monfils was once ranked No. 7 in the world but the Frenchman missed several months last year because of a knee injury. He was ranked No. 119 in May before moving up to No. 67. Monfils, who has never passed the third round at Wimbledon, said it was a pity he would have to miss it for the second straight year and fourth time in six years, especially because he felt he was beginning to play better on grass. For a player who says he has trouble moving on grass, Monfils was at his acrobatic best against Hernych, at one point even having to jump over the net. Trying to save a break point, the Czech qualifier dived to his right to reach a ball at the net and managed to send it over. Monfils raced forward, failed to reach it in time and his momentum carried him over the net. The two touched hands and Monfils got back to his side to eventually break serve for a decisive 4-2 lead in the second set. The Frenchmans enthusiasm did not always result in points -- he once jumped high for a smash, only to rip it into the net. But another time, he chased down a lob and hit a perfect backhand winner on the turn. "I was happy, I was having fun," Monfils said. "Grass is not natural for me, but I am getting better. I have to focus on not falling, not injuring myself. I cannot take off as fast as I want to and I have problems braking. But I was comfortable today, I was leading all the time." Russias Youzhny was not quite as spectacular as Monfils but his steady game carried him past Nishikori in the first set. "He started well, he was hitting a lot of first serves and I was missing everything," the Japanese said. Nishikori said it was not easy to adjust to grass and that he would remain in Halle for a while to practice more and play doubles. Youzhny was twice a semifinalist in Halle, including last year, and lost to Roger Federer both times. Basic, a Bosnian who upset seventh-seeded Jerzy Janowitz in his first match in the main draw of an ATP Tour event on Tuesday, squandered a 4-1 lead in the first set and a 2-1 break lead in the second. He saved three match points on his serve but Zverev closed it out with a service winner. Authentic NFL Jerseys . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). China Jerseys Cheap .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. http://www.wholesaleauthenticjerseys.cc/ . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. The NRLs controversial golden-point system is set to be reviewed at the end of the season, according to a member of the competition committee.In the same week NRL boss Todd Greenberg laughed off claims of an extra-time overhaul, Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson admitted rival coaches were keen to put it back on the post-season agenda.Robinson is one of two coaches, including South Sydney counterpart Michael Maguire, appointed last summer to the 11-person committee.He admitted the issue was raised in a coaches meeting in May during the Tasman Test.We had our views on that and Id say it might be discussed again, Robinson said.We werent going to make changes at that point, but there will be discussions at some point in the off-season or the pre-season.Canterbury coach Des Hasler and Manly rival Trent Barrett both called for an end to golden point after a controversial finish to a game earlier this month betwween the two teams.ddddddddddddMost of the criticism over the system centres on a lack of penalties being blown by referees despite obvious rules being broken in extra time.Some coaches have even admitted to ordering players to ignore certain on-field laws.Greenberg earlier this week defended golden point, saying the system had brought an extra level of excitement to the game and added to the spectacle.He was also quick to point out how there had been a record 15 golden-point games in 2016, but said he would also listen to opinions offered by the coaches.Ill listen very closely to Des, as Ill listen very closely to all of the coaches. Were in the business of entertainment, he said on Tuesday.A period of extra time will be played before golden point during this years finals series. Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen