Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ordinator for the last 10, 11 years, I really belie

in
Über uns
03.09.2018 15:43
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

MS Dhoni, Indias limited-overs captain, has spoken of how the disappointment of the first-round exit in the 2007 World Cup, and the angry reception the players received upon their return home, played an important role in shaping his personality in the public domain and as a cricketer.When we landed in Delhi, there was a lot of media. At times, people feel that we are not emotional enough about it, but I always felt, as sports persons, you have to be strong enough to go through everything and it has to be within yourself, Dhoni said. It is not about coming for a press conference and crying about stuff, or crying in the field about what has happened.India had crashed out of the tournament in the Caribbean after losing their group matches against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, and having beaten only Bermuda. Dhonis house, which was under construction in Ranchi at the time, was pelted with stones in the aftermath of the exit.At that point of time, when we landed, we had to get out in a police van. I was sitting next to Viru [Virender Sehwag] paaji. It was evening or night time, Dhoni said. We were travelling at a decent speed - 60 or 70 kms - and thats quite a bit for India, that too on the narrow roads. And, you know, media cars around us with their cameras and the big lights on top, it felt as if we had committed a big crime, maybe like a murderer or terrorist or something. We were actually chased by them.After a while, we entered a police station. We went there, we sat for a while and then we left in our cars after 15-20 minutes. That actually had a big impact on me and I channelised the aggression to become a better cricketer and a better human being.Dhoni was speaking in New York, ahead of the release of his biopic - MS Dhoni: The Untold Story. The press conference at Fox Building in Manhattan was unlike the usual ones Dhoni is used to giving. The number seven jersey and the India cap were replaced by a greyish black suit and a silver tie. The movie, which set to release worldwide on September 30, is about Dhonis journey from when he started playing cricket to the 2011 World Cup.A group of Dhoni fans, dressed in their best attire, were huddled outside Fox Building, with big smiles on their faces. They had won a contest and made their way from Chicago and other parts of New York to collect their prize: a meet and greet with Dhoni.The change in atmosphere was evident as Dhoni walked in with his wife Sakshi, and Arun Pandey, the producer of the film.It is a very simple story and that is the beauty of it, Dhoni said about the movie. One thing I told Neeraj [the director] was, this story should not be to glorify me. It is about the journey of a professional sports person and thats what it should be about.Talking about how he told his lifes story to Sushant Singh Rajput, the actor playing him, Dhoni said it was challenging to go back in time and reconstruct the story because he hardly spent time dwelling on the past. More than the physical attributes and the characteristics, Rajput wanted to know what I was thinking at different points of time in life and to explain that was hard and nostalgic, Dhoni said.I was a bit worried initially when the whole concept of the movie came in, but once we were in, I was not really worried, the reason being I was just narrating my story. I was just telling Neeraj that this is what happened.Pandey, the producer of the movie, recounted an anecdote that told him Dhonis story was important. It was when he saw Dhoni talk to a child at an airport in India - the question was less than 15 seconds, but Dhoni gave the kid an eight-minute answer, he said. Pandey met the childs parents two years later and learnt how Dhonis one interaction had inspired him.Dhoni spoke of how important it was for him to have a steady Railways job after he finished high school to give him the stability to pursue a risky career in cricket. He also talked about how it was important for parents in India to encourage their kids to take up sports seriously. Pushing for sports in the long run - thats what will bring India medals, he said.How to keep things simple in life? Often, you hear legends talking about watch the ball, hit the ball, and thats how simple it is, Dhoni concluded, when asked what had worked for him, as a cricketer and as a person. Cheap China Jerseys . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Cheap NFL Wholesale China Jerseys . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. http://www.cheapnflwholesalejerseys.org/ .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Authentic Cheap Jerseys . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. ATHENS, Ga. -- For all those who might think hes trying to turn Georgia into Alabama East, Kirby Smart would like to point out that hes not calling up Nick Saban every day for advice.Coach Saban has to get ready for his game, Smart said. Im getting ready for North Carolina.No. 18 Georgia will begin a new era Saturday when it opens the season right down the road in Atlanta, taking on the 22nd-ranked Tar Heels in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.For the first time in 15 years, the Bulldogs are breaking in a new coach.After dumping Mark Richt, Georgia turned to Sabans longtime defensive coordinator, hoping Smart can replicate the sort of success his mentor has produced in Tuscaloosa.Smart has brought along many of things he learned at Alabama, from holding his weekly news conference on Monday instead of Tuesday to making freshmen and assistant coaches off-limits to the media.And, like Saban, the new Bulldogs coach is reticent about revealing a whole lot of information, such as who the starting quarterback will be in just a few days. Freshman Jacob Eason would appear to have the inside track, but Smart insisted that senior Greyson Lambert, last years starter, was still in the mix.No starter has been named, Smart told reporters, in a brusque tone that wouldve made Saban proud. Well let you guys know.Good luck trying to figure out the rest of the lineup, as well.On the depth chart released Monday, 16 other positions still listed two potential starters. The most common word on the list was or.When your mom and dad read the paper, they like to know their sons are on the roster, Smart said. Weve got a lot of great competition at a lot of positions. A lot of guys deserve `ors.In addition to quarterback, there will be plenty of attention directed toward the tailback position. Nick Chubb was one of the nations top runners until he went down last season with a gruesome knee injury.Now, just 10 months later, hes healed and fully cleared to play. Smart said there wont be any need to limit his carries, like one might do with a pitcher coming back from an arm injury.ddddddddddddHes scrimmaged and done a lot of things, the coach said. Hes had a lot of practices where hes carried it more than five to seven times, and we feel good about Nick. He feels great. Hes ready to go. So he wont technically be on a pitch count by any means.North Carolina coach Larry Fedora said it doesnt really matter who the Bulldogs decide to play.I dont think theres been a year that Georgia hasnt been in the top 10 in the recruiting rankings, he said. I mean, theyve got players. Theres going to be a tailback back there that can go. Theres going to be an offensive line that can go. Theres going to be a quarterback, whoever it is, he can go. Same thing on defense.Smart downplayed any attempt to turn the focus of the opener on himself, even though its clear the Bulldog faithful are counting on nothing less than an SEC East version of the powerhouse that Saban has built while winning four national titles in the last eight years at Alabama.Sure, Richt captured a pair of Southeastern Conference titles and had the second-most wins of any coach in school history, but Georgia has long been viewed as a bit of an underachieving program given the amount of talent that has gone on to play in the NFL.The 40-year-old Smart is out to change that. While hes never been a head coach, there is no lack of bravado heading into his debut.The amount of pressure that Ive put on myself as a defensive coordinator for the last 10, 11 years, I really believe theres a lot more decisions that go into that position than the head coach, he said. Not week to week, absolutely not. How we practice, who plays quarterback, all thats a whole different story. But when it comes to game day, I think the confidence in what weve done up to this point allows me to be comfortable with where we are.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry . China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Hoodies Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Black China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen