Image and video hosting by TinyPic

World Cup circuit.Having a race in the East Co

in
Über uns
03.09.2018 15:43
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Tanner Roark and Julio Teheran each has a 2.81 ERA to tie for eighth-best among qualified pitchers in the National League.That is where the statistical similarity ends, though.The records of the two right-handers reflect the positions of their teams, with Roark 13-6 for the Washington Nationals, which top the National League East, and Teheran is 3-9 for the last-place Atlanta Braves.Roark will try to continue his dominance against the Braves this season and for his career on Friday night, with Teheran coming off a stint on the disabled list to start for Atlanta.Roark has won his past four outings and has gone at least seven innings in 15 of his 24 starts in establishing himself as the workhorse in a rotation that is loaded with much bigger names.I pride myself is going as long as I can and as hard as I can, he said. Thats what starting pitchers are supposed to do.Roark has gone seven innings in each of his two victories against the Braves this season, allowing just one run and nine hits. He is 5-1 with a 1.77 ERA in nine career starts against Atlanta.Hes hungry. Hes like a warrior, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said. He doesnt run from anybody. Hes like the epitome of a competitor.It was Teheran, though, who pitched in the All-Star Game -- as the Braves lone representative -- while Roark missed out because Stephen Strasburg and Max Scherzer represented the Nationals rotation.Teheran, who missed three because of a lat strain, is a misleading 3-9 and still looking for his first victory at home, where he is 0-5.The native of Colombia worked five innings in a rehab outing for Triple-A Gwinnett on Sunday.I didnt feel anything and thats a good thing, Teheran said. Im glad we took care of it before it got worse.Teheran has pitched against the Nationals 13 times in his career, going 3-3 with a 3.95 ERA. He is 0-1 with a 5.54 ERA in two starts this year.When Teheran went on the disabled list, it left the Braves without their only tested starter.The last time a Braves starter worked past six innings was Teheran, who went seven in a 1-0 victory at Colorado on July 17.It feels real good to get him back. Hes an experienced guy, Braves interim manager Brian Snitker said. You talk about a green rotation and guys rushed up here out of necessity really. It will be nice to get him back in the swing of things and pitching every five days.Friday will be the first time Teheran has pitched as a father. A son, Jordan, was born on Tuesday and came home from the hospital on Thursday.Ive got another motivation to play, Teheran said.The Nationals have won nine of the 10 games against the Braves this season. Authentic Jerseys Cheap . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. Wholesale Jerseys Outlet . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. http://www.nfljerseyscheapusa.com/ . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. MLB Jerseys For Sale . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rookie outfielder in the starting lineup. Wholesale Jerseys USA . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. After a 25-year absence, the World Cup ski circuit returns to the U.S. East Coast next month. No one is more thrilled than Olympic slalom champion Mikaela Shiffrin.Oh, we are so excited, Shiffrin said. Its been a while. Its like coming back to Vail for the world championships (in 2015) after so long. I know that the East Coast, the people, the ski racing fans, they are so excited for this race. I cant wait to bring ski racing back to them.Killington, Vermont, will host a pair of womens races on Thanksgiving weekend, with a giant slalom Nov. 26 and a slalom the following day. The 21-year-old Shiffrin grew up in Colorado, but most of her family is from New England.They are over the moon. They cant wait for this race to happen, the 21-year-old Shiffrin said. My grandma, she is 95, I think is coming. I hope she will be able to go. That would be amazing.The World Cup circuit visited Vermont before -- in Stratton in 1978 -- but Novembers event will be the first in the U.S. northeast since American skier Julie Parisien won a GS in Waterville Valley, New Hampshire, in 1991.Ted Ligety, the Olympic GS gold medalist from Utah, hopes the area will also become a stop on the mens World Cup circuit.Having a race in the East Coast really makes sense, Ligety said. There is a ton of hard-core ski racing fans in the East Coast. There are big populations near these ski races, as well. In the whole New England area you will get a big crowd as long as you are within a couple hours drive from Boston.The event in Killington features the first two of a total of 16 World Cup races on American snow in the 2016-17 season, the highest number in the past two decades.The men traditionally race in Beaver Creek, Colorado, in early December, but Squaw Valley, California, has been added to the womens calendar for March, shortlly before the men and women contest the World Cup finals in Aspen, Colorado.ddddddddddddMany of our athletes grew up training and racing on these hills, Tiger Shaw, president and CEO of the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association, said. Theyre excited to have this many opportunities to ski in front of a hometown crowd.Shiffrin believes that having 16 races in the U.S. will spark greater interest in the sport across the country.Especially moving into an Olympic year, it provides a lot more opportunities from a business standpoint for us, U.S. ski racers, she said. Thats huge.Shiffrin recalled how watching the likes of Lindsey Vonn, Anja Paerson, Janica Kostelic and Marlies Schild inspired her to get into racing.I watched all these girls and ski racing was the biggest thing in my eyes, Shiffrin said. I am hoping that having this many races in the U.S. can really spark some interest with those young girls, who remind me of myself 10 years ago.The USSA is eager to build on the momentum and host more World Cup races on a regular basis in the near future. Many American ski resorts could stage those races, but the rise of new formats like city events offers further opportunities.Boston hosted a Big Air freestyle skiing event at Fenway Park in February, and could also host an Alpine skiing city event one day.Its great for us to be able to go to big cities around the world, FIS womens race director Atle Skaardal said. We have been to Munich, to Stockholm, to Moscow. Maybe we find an opportunity in North America, in one of the big cities there. These could be the highlights that are absolutely giving us the attraction we are looking for in these very populated areas of the world. China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Hoodies Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Black China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen