Image and video hosting by TinyPic

olorado Rockies have placed out

in
Über uns
06.09.2018 06:50
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- No matter what the plan is for Julius Peppers this season, the expectations arent changing for the oldest player on the Green Bay Packers roster.Its not like were going to put him out to pasture or sit him over on the bench a whole lot, general manager Ted Thompson said Wednesday.Peppers is beginning his 15th NFL season; whether this will be the final one for the 36-year-old defensive stalwart isnt known.Of more immediate attention, as the Packers prepare to play their first preseason game Friday night against the Cleveland Browns, is just what role Peppers will have when the season starts in a month.Peppers is listed as a starter on the depth chart this week. But another former first-round draft pick, Nick Perry, not Peppers, has been taking most of the reps at the outside linebacker spot opposite Clay Matthews in Green Bays base defense early in training camp.Defensive coordinator Dom Capers said reining in Peppers has been by design.I think we know what Julius is capable of, so youll probably see limited reps of Julius with where he is, Capers said. Youve seen that through training camp thus far, so its enabled Nick to get a lot of reps. We have a number of guys there that we need to see and take a good look at.While Perry is relishing the extra work as he looks to put an injury-marred first four pro seasons behind him, Peppers isnt saying much about the apparent role reversal. In fact, he hasnt spoken to reporters in the locker room since the first couple of days of camp, which opened July 26.Peppers declined to talk as he walked out of the locker room after practice Wednesday.As long as he can stay healthy, which hes been since the teams offseason program in the spring for the first time in his career, Perry is expected to have a bigger role in Green Bays defense this season.Hes a physical guy, very good player against the run, and he can use that physicality and size, and hes got a couple pass-rush moves that hes very good at, Capers said.Perry has yet to play a full season, but the Packers saw enough production at the end of last season to re-sign him to a one-year contract.This is home for me, said Perry, who led Green Bay with 3 + sacks in its two playoff games. For those guys to believe in me and know that Ive got more to give, it just puts everything in perspective on whats to come. Theres unfinished business here, and were just trying to get to that.As for Peppers, the Packers are hopeful he will remain as productive as ever, even if his role is diminished.Hes a marvelous player and a very gifted, athletic specimen, the likes of which I dont know that Ive ever seen, Thompson said.Peppers had a team-high 10 + sacks last season, moving him to No. 9 on the NFLs all-time sacks list with 136. He also was selected to the Pro Bowl for the ninth time.Thompson wouldnt say whether the team will try to maximize Peppers production in the final year of a three-year, $26 million contract by reducing his workload.I think certainly you can make that argument that that would be a logical conclusion, Thompson said. I dont know. I think it just kind of depends. I think you pick your spots and you use players that are extraordinary, which Julius is, in a certain way.Game notes Matthews (ankle) and WR Randall Cobb (calf) were held out of the Packers final open practice before Fridays game. Among those still sidelined were QB Brett Hundley (ankle), LB Jake Ryan (hamstring) and C JC Tretter (illness). . Long snapper Jesse Schmitt watched practice with a cast on his broken right hand. Schmitt suffered the injury while making a block on his first snap in a punt drill in his first practice with the team Tuesday night. The Packers signed Schmitt, an undrafted rookie from Purdue, to compete with incumbent Rick Lovato. Schmitt didnt know if surgery would be needed.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL NFL Jerseys China . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. Cheap MLB Jerseys . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. http://www.cheapnflwholesalejerseyschina.com/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Wholesale Jerseys China . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game.ST. LOUIS -- The Colorado Rockies have placed outfielder Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list with a neck injury and recalled outfielder Charlie Blackmon from Triple-A Colorado Springs. Blackmon was in the lineup batting eighth Sunday against the Cardinals. The 34-year-old Cuddyer is among the league leaders with a .319 average along with seven home runs, eight doubles and 23 RBIs.dddddddddddd He had missed the previous three games with what the team termed an inflamed cervical disk and said Saturday he expected to have an MRI early next week. The 26-year-old Blackmon was hitting .336 with three homers, 21 RBIs and 35 runs in 31 games. Blackmoni is a career .270 hitter in 69 games during 2011-12. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen