Image and video hosting by TinyPic

t was hard for us to score. Were ju

in
Über uns
06.09.2018 06:51
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Ive been lucky; I havent experienced the loss of very many loved ones. As a result, I often feel?ill-equipped to deal with tragedy. I struggle to process death when it comes.I didnt know Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez, but when I woke to the news of his death?Sunday?morning, I was filled with incredible sadness. I couldnt understand how so much joy, such a bright light, could be extinguished so suddenly. I cant fathom the pain Fernandezs family, friends, teammates and peers are feeling. I cant speak to the loss of fellow Cubans, including?my colleague Dan Le Batard. I know only that I struggled to find solace in the face of such tragedy.Like any other baseball fan, I knew of the 24-year-old stars tremendous talent and his undeniable charisma. I knew of his incredible journey and how he saved his mothers life during their escape from Cuba. To go through so much to achieve a dream, only to have it cut short, feels beyond comprehension.?How could we have lost someone who embraced life so deeply, felt so lucky to do what he did and celebrated it so openly??It feels wrong to simply accept that his seemingly insuppressible smile is gone.That smile. Every memory of Fernandez begins with that smile. After enduring multiple failed attempts to escape Cuba and a year spent in a Cuban prison, he had a reason to be joyful every day.All he wanted to do then was just have fun, ESPN analyst Eduardo Perez said of Fernandezs life in the United States. Be on that mound and play the game. Not work the game,?play?it. And he played it beautifully.Fernandez was never one to conceal his joy. He stood and watched his first career home run in wonderment, then famously laughed his way through the benches-clearing brawl that resulted. He celebrated his teammates home runs as if they were his own and routinely inspired noted sourpuss Barry Bonds to grab him for a bear hug. Now that hes gone, Fernandez is being remembered not just for his fastball but also for the joy he brought everyone who watched him play.Why do we so often try to stifle that joy? Weve been taught that celebrating is cause for a beaning in baseball. Pros are expected to hide their enthusiasm, downplay their accomplishments and sterilize the very games we turn to for entertainment. We saw how much joy Fernandez brought to baseball fans and fellow ballplayers, and we celebrate it now, in his absence. Why not embrace that joy as its happening? Why not let our athletes?play?the game, instead of work it?Last year former major leaguer John Baker wrote about the important perspective he gained playing in a league in the Dominican Republic in 2011. When players celebrated their achievements, there was no malice from the opposition.They werent flipping the bat to show up the pitcher, Baker wrote. They were flipping the bat to show everyone watching that they appreciated where they were and that they really, truly loved playing baseball.Jose Fernandez showed us over and over again that he really, truly loved playing baseball. If we want to?ensure that?his?story doesnt end with his death,?we need to continue to shine his light. We need to embrace the joy in the game and let players do the same. Said Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle after Fernandezs death, Be where your feet are. Enjoy the moment. Therell be a day when there wont be another day. Cheap Jerseys Stitched . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. http://www.cheapjerseyschinafornfl.com/ . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. Cheap Jerseys NFL . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. Cheap Jerseys China . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. SAN DIEGO -- Bennie Boatwright hobbled out of Jenny Craig Pavilion on crutches and his sprained left knee in a brace, an injury that put a damper on Southern Californias 76-55 victory against San Diego and left the undefeated Trojans wondering how long theyll be without their second-leading scorer.The 6-foot-10 sophomore forward was hurt when he collided with USDs Juwan Gray while taking a shot just three minutes in. Boatwright stayed on the floor for a few minutes while being tended to and had to be helped to the bench. He also had to be helped into the locker room at halftime.Coach Andy Enfield said Boatwright will have an MRI exam on Thursday.Were hoping its just a sprain, Enfield said. Were hoping for the best. Hell certainly be out for a while. Were hoping its a few weeks vs. the season.Chimezie Metu had 19 points and 13 rebounds, and Elijah Stewart scored 15 points for the Trojans (7-0), who led the whole way in beating the Toreros for the second straight season. DeAnthony Melton added 14.Boatwright, who missed the first two games with back spasms, was averaging 13.5 points.It has an effect because our rotation is not the same as it would be with him in there. Hes a unique player, with his size and his guard skills, Enfield added. We had to go small, and then we went big. Thank goodness Chimezie is skilled enough to play both front-line positions. ... Our players just have to step up.Metu agreed.Its one less scoring option on offense. At times when we didnt have him it was hard for us to score. Were just going to havee to work through it.dddddddddddd.Olin Carter III scored 21 for USD, while Brett Bailey had 17 and Tyler Williams 10.TALL TROJANUSC was too big and talented for the Toreros, particularly the 6-foot-11 Metu, who was 9 of 11 from the floor. He dominated on the boards and scored eight of the Trojans final 12 points of the first half en route to a 43-31 lead. He had a tip-in off a rebound, a turnaround jumper, a jump hook and a slam dunk off a rebound.The teams combined to miss 14 straight shots early in the second half, each going about six minutes without scoring.Metu broke the Trojans drought with a slam dunk on an alley-oop pass from Jordan McLaughlin.BIG PICTUREUSC: The Trojans are off to their best start since going 8-0 to open the 2000-01 season. They finished 24-10 after reaching the Elite Eight.USD: The Toreros dropped to 0-6 all-time against the Trojans. The Toreros opened last season at USC, losing 83-45.TOREROSWeve just got to continue to chop wood, San Diego coach Lamont Smith said. Weve got to have our freshmen grow up. Right now they havent played at a high enough clip, and with half our team being freshmen, theyve got to produce.UP NEXTUSC plays BYU in the Hoophall LA game at Staples Center on Saturday. The game is part of a doubleheader, with No. 8 Gonzaga and 16th-ranked Arizona playing the first game. USC is 6-3 all-time against BYU.USD travels to face Northern Arizona on Saturday. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen