Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Minnesota: The Gophers go on the road at Illino

in
Über uns
15.04.2018 14:58
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

LE LIORAN, France -- A gastronomical, sporting and cultural glance at Stage 5 of the Tour de France on Wednesday:Region: The stage finished at Le Lioran in Auvergne, a region of extinct volcanoes.Baguette and butter: Belgian rider Greg van Avermaet won the first mountain leg with an audacious solo attack in the Massif Central and also claimed the overall leaders yellow jersey. Defending champion Chris Froome and two-time runner-up Nairo Quintana finished in the main pack.Plat du jour: La Truffade is a hearty mountain dish suitable for anyone on a shoe-string budget. Its a cheese dish made with fresh Cantal tomme cheese and potatoes cooked in a pan. The local chefs say the recipes name comes from the word truffe, which meant potato in Langue dOc, a dialect spoken in the southern half of the country in medieval France.Culture: The Lioran tunnel was the first road tunnel built in France. Dug between 1839 and 1843, it connected the cities of Murat and Aurillac. At 1,404 meters (4,600 feet) in length, it was the longest in the world at the time of construction. While it still exists, the tunnel is no longer used for transport, having been replaced by a newer version.Vin du jour: Just a glass of refreshing mineral water, either still or sparkling. The Massif Central is like a gigantic water tower, featuring more than 100 natural springs in Auvergne, making it the No. 1 region in Europe for mineral water production.History: The race paid tribute to eternal Tour runner-up Raymond Poulidor when the peloton went through his hometown of Saint-Leonard-de-Noblat. Poulidor, who turned 80 this year, secured eight podium finishes at the Tour during his career but never wore the yellow jersey.Stat of the Day: 9. The numbers of years since the last Belgian 1-2 at a Tour de France stage.Quote of the Day: I dont care about it. Cest la vie, From world champion Peter Sagan, reflecting on losing the yellow jersey.Dessert: There are so many varieties of cheese in the Auvergne area its impossible to list them all. If you had to pick just one, go for a slice of Cantal, the famous cylinder-shaped pressed cheese made with the milk of hay-fed cows. It comes in three different types, depending on the age and texture: Cantal Jeune (young), Entre-Deux (medium) and Cantal Vieux (aged). With its thick black crust and full-bodied flavors, the Cantal Vieux is not for the faint-hearted.Next order: Stage 6 Thursday is a flatter 190.5-kilometer (118-mile) leg from Arpajon-sur-Cere to Montauban, in the southwestern region of Tarn-et-Garonne. The next mountain stages come this weekend in the Pyrenees, although the Tour may not be decided until the race reaches the Alps in the third week. Nike Shox Nz Womens . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Nike Shox r4 .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. http://www.csidusa.com/outlet-nike-shox-nz-79/ . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Nike Pegasus 34 Womens . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Nike Shox r4 Mens . Once again, DeLaet finished tied for second at a PGA Tour stop on the weekend, this time at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The pride of Weyburn, Sask. MINNEAPOLIS -- When Emmitt Carpenter missed a 34-yard field goal wide right in the second quarter on Saturday, Minnesota was already leading 21-10 and was having the expected success against Rutgers porous defense.While the Golden Gophers were driving at will on offense as big favorites at home, Carpenter knew he would be needed again. In a bit of a surprise, Carpenters time would be with 10 seconds left.Carpenter connected for a 28-yard field goal with 10 seconds remaining and Minnesota survived for a 34-32 victory against the Scarlet Knights.After that missed kick in the first half, I thought about it for a little bit just to kind of learn from the experience and what I did wrong, and then just kind of clean the slate, Carpenter said of getting another chance after his miss. I knew that my name would be called again at some point in the game. I just had to respond for that.The Gophers scored touchdowns on their first three possessions for a 21-0 lead against Rutgers, which entered the game allowing the most points per game and second-most yards per game in Big Ten play.We had a great week of practice and we come out of the gates, Minnesota coach Tracy Claeys said. We didnt handle that lead for whatever reason.Rodney Smith had a 94-yard kickoff return for a touchdown and ran for 111 yards and a touchdown for the Gophers (5-2, 2-2 Big Ten). Mitch Leidner returned after missing one game with a concussion and was 11-of-18 passing for 156 yards and an interception.Rutgers cornerback Damon Hayes intercepted Leidner and returned it 55 yards for a touchdown with just over six minutes left in the third quarter, but Knights kicker David Bongaura couldnt tie the game when he missed the PAT.Smith took Bongauras ensuing kickoff and raced down the home sideline for the first kickoff return for a touchdown by a Minnesota player since Jalen Myrick in 2014.Giovanni Rescigno was 22 of 38 for 220 yards passing in making his fiirst start for Rutgers (2-6, 0-5).dddddddddddd Rescigno threw three touchdown passes and two interceptions for the Knights, who had scored 14 points in four conference games prior to Saturday.A lot of heart, a lot of spirit; he made a lot of plays, coach Chris Ash said of Rescigno. Im really happy for the kid and really excited about what he can do as we move forward.Bongaura made a 39-yard field goal with four minutes left, but Minnesota went 59 yards in 13 plays to set up Carpenters game-winner. Smith had 25 yards rushing, including a 3-yard run on third down, spinning away from defenders twice for a first down.I kind of get the feel when the offense needs a spark, and we knew what we had to do to win the game, Smith said.Shannon Brooks had 22 carries for 87 yards as the Gophers ran for 243 yards. Rutgers had allowed an average of 328 rushing yards in four previous Big Ten games.I feel for them, Ash said. Were going to get better. Well get over that hump. I dont know when its going to be, but well get over that hump. Theres no quit in these guys. The attitudes extremely high.Minnesota linebacker Jack Lynn was ejected in the second half for targeting when he lowered his shoulder and hit receiver Jawuan Harris.THE TAKEAWAYRUTGERS: Despite the two interceptions, Rescigno has given the Knights a spark at quarterback. With the Rescigno using his arm and legs (11 carries for 26 yards), Rutgers had its most impressive offensive performance of the season in Big Ten play.MINNESOTA: The Gophers defense entered the game with the fifth-ranked defense in Big Ten play. But Minnesota was shaky against the relatively unknown Rescigno and gave up 372 total yards.UP NEXTRUTGERS: Finally gets its bye week before hosting Indiana on Nov. 5.Minnesota: The Gophers go on the road at Illinois on Oct. 29. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen