Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ssues in each of tthe Power 5 leagues.dddddddddddd Up next, the

in
Über uns
15.04.2018 14:58
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- Richard Petty sat in his motorhome Saturday afternoon, admitting he had not talked to Jimmie Johnson about the potential of Johnson tying him and Dale Earnhardt for a seventh Sprint Cup title Sunday in the season-ending race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.Petty said he wasnt avoiding Johnson and doesnt have any animosity in seeing another driver tie his record. They just arent all that close and havent had time to connect.I havent talked to Jimmie, Petty said. Ive been too busy answering questions about Jimmie so I havent got a chance to talk to him.Johnson probably wouldnt have much to ask the 79-year-old Petty about winning seven titles; their paths couldnt be more different. Petty won his seven championships during a stretch of 16 years from 1964 to 1979 but all with a season-long points system.Dale Earnhardt also won his through a single-season points system from 1980 to 1994.Johnson, however, won his in the Chase era, capturing five consecutive crowns from 2006-2010 and another in 2013 when the Chase created a 10-race miniseason to finish the year.You set a record and stuff and can say, You hope nobody ever gets to it, Petty said. You did it under your circumstances. When somebody else does it, they do it under different circumstances. Theres no way to compare what Ive done or what Earnhardt done or what Jimmies doing against each other.After Johnson won his sixth, NASCAR changed the format again, creating a 16-driver system where four drivers get eliminated after the third, sixth and ninth events, setting up a four-driver, top-finisher-takes-all scenario for the championship race.Johnson failed to make the final round in his first two tries, but gets his chance Sunday as he, Kyle Busch, Joey Logano and Carl Edwards vie for the title at Homestead-Miami Speedway.Hes doing his thing in his time, Petty said. Hes beaten all the guys thats out there that hes got to run against. Earnhardt did that with his crowd. And I did that [racing] with the Pearsons and the Allisons and the Yarboroughs and all that.With his two cars not making NASCARs version of the playoffs, Petty seemed ambivalent toward whether Johnson actually pulls off the feat in what would be a record 11-year span.I aint got a dog in this fight, so it dont make [a difference], Petty said. Probably from a PR standpoint, it would be great if he could win it because then every time they say something about him, they will say something about me and Earnhardt.What Petty can claim is that no driver had won more than three titles until he accomplished his fourth and then added three more titles to that record. So would it matter if Johnson wins eight titles? Nine titles?Not really, Petty said. I was the first one to climb the mountain from that standpoint. ... The most anybody had ever won was three. We doubled up on everybody. Jameis Winston Jersey . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Chris Godwin Jersey .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. http://www.authenticfootballshopbuccaneers.com/patrick-murray-jersey/ . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. O. J. Howard Jersey . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. Ryan Smith Jersey . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Its opening week in college basketball. But why wait til March to find out the answers to each conferences big questions? All week, well be examining the pressing issues in each of tthe Power 5 leagues.dddddddddddd Up next, the ACC. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen