Image and video hosting by TinyPic

control her emotions on the court. She

in
Über uns
14.09.2018 12:53
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

What do you need to know about the weekends big stories? Scott Burnside gives us his take on the biggest and best.Love for the Jackets: Isnt it time we started to give the Columbus Blue Jackets and head coach John Tortorella some well-deserved love? Tortorella took a lot of heat, along with the rest of Team USA, for the teams lifeless performance at the World Cup of Hockey. But after losing their first two games of the regular season, the Blue Jackets have gone 10-2-2, including Sundays 3-2 win over the defending Presidents Trophy-winning Washington Capitals. That win marks four in a row for a team that leads the NHL in power-play efficiency (they scored one with the man advantage Sunday) and is second in goals scored per game. With a sterling 7-2-2 record at home, it means the accursed Columbus Civil War cannon is going off like crazy at Nationwide Arena. Sundays win wrapped up a weekend that also saw them knock off the red-hot New York Rangers on Friday night. The Blue Jackets are for real.Good time to score: In the end, it wasnt so much the goals -- although Connor McDavid was no doubt pleased to see three on the official score sheet for his first-ever NHL hat trick -- but rather the result. Of course, for the Edmonton Oilers captain and most important player, McDavids performance and the Oilers success are pretty much inexorably linked. And so it was that McDavids three goals in Saturdays 5-2 win over the disappointing Dallas Stars did break an unusually long goal-less drought (10 games), but it also helped halt an ugly skid that had seen the Oilers lose five straight and go 2-7-1 after a 7-1-0 start. The win moved the Oilers, at least temporarily, back into a tie with the Anaheim Ducks for the top spot in the Pacific Division. The key now for McDavid, second in the league with 22 points, and the Oilers is to prove this wasnt an aberration but the norm, as they host the Chicago Blackhawks and then visit the Colorado Avalanche and Arizona Coyotes in what should be two winnable road games later this week.Caution for Cunningham:?Finally, warm thoughts and wishes go out to Craig Cunningham, the captain of the Tucson Roadrunners of the American Hockey League, and his family. The 26-year-old collapsed on the ice shortly before a game between the Roadrunners and the Manitoba Moose in Tucson Saturday, and he was taken by ambulance to the hospital, where he remains. The Arizona Daily Star reported Cunningham appeared to convulse on the ice and was attended to by medical staff from both teams and firefighters who were on the ice as part of a pregame ceremony. The game was postponed and will be rescheduled. Officials with the Roadrunners parent club, the Arizona Coyotes, describe the situation as both very serious and fluid as of Sunday evening. Cunningham is a native of Trail, British Columbia, and was drafted 70th overall by the Boston Bruins in 2010. Hed been with the Coyotes organization the past couple of seasons and played 29 games with the big club over the past two seasons. Cunningham, who had 13 points in 11 games for the Roadrunners this season, is described as a hard worker and was extremely well-liked in the Coyotes room. Discount NFL Jerseys . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. China Jerseys . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. http://www.chinanfljerseyssale.com/ . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. China NFL Gear .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. You have to study. You have to be smart. We arent wasting our time on sports. It isnt meant for us. This was my parents mantra. Weeknights were reserved for reviewing algebra problems or reading a novel. Participating in sports, my parents decided, wasnt an ideal fit for my life.Their reluctance to embrace sports stemmed from their upbringing in India. Physical fitness just wasnt a part of the culture in which they grew up. For them, the Eastern idea of exercise dwelled in the spiritual -- yoga and meditation were preferred to activities like running, basketball or tennis. When they settled in America, this mindset followed. Although they watched football and other sports, my father believed education offered the best opportunity for success. The idea of pursuing a sport with the same dedication as education seemed frivolous.So I devoted my energy to spectating. I stood on the sidelines, watching my peers dunk a basketball or round the bases during softball. My achievements came in the form of an A on the geometry test or crafting a debate response to a controversial issue. I accepted that my strengths resided in the cerebral; Id hide near the bleachers during P.E., even though I longed to know what it felt like to move with grace, running on the gym floor or landing a volley on the tennis court.During school I heard about a team hoisting a trophy or a coach congratulating players on a good game. What would it mean to hit a home run or high-five my teammates after a win? Sports morphed into a foreign language I sought to not only understand but experience. But instead of pushing my parents to sign me up for volleyball or softball, I acquiesced to their wishes and continued to focus on intellectual pursuits.Now, as a parent to a 10-year-old daughter, I carry on the encouragement for her to solve math problems and read books. I also emphasize practicing tennis. Every week, she devotes several evenings to her serves, backhands and forehands. On the weekends, she competes in tournaments. In a short amount of time, Ive witnessed her grow in ways I didnt get to exxperience in my youth.ddddddddddddWhen she lost matches in her early tournaments, she would hunch her shoulders and shed a tear, unable to control her emotions on the court. She asked to quit, but my husband and I encouraged her to sit with her angst. Navigating this terrain wasnt always easy since it introduced a level of unease, irritation and, well, loss. It also introduced resolve.Together, we would endure losing streaks, painful practices and tears. Then, in the middle of raw irritation, shed hit a brilliant backhand or ace a serve. The flashes of her hard work started to sprinkle the court in unexpected moments. As her tennis game gained momentum, she would talk about how much she enjoyed the rallies on the court.When she swings her racket, her shoulders relax and a smile appears on her face. During a match, she pumps her fist and acknowledges how much winning a point means to her. A few weeks ago, she said, I love tennis. It helps me relax.Maintaining a balance between?sports and academics isnt easy. We encourage her?to employ time-management skills, limit her?screen usage and anticipate the unexpected and imperfect when splitting time?between schoolwork and tennis. Some days may be academic heavy, while other afternoons and evenings might sway more toward athletics.?Weve seen the balance pay off. Earlier this month, down 3-1 in a set, she evened the score and eventually won the match. I watched as her nervousness and frustration turned into grit and glee, all in a single afternoon.On the ride home from that memorable win, I reminded her she still had to finish the last few problems of her math assignment. I smiled, realizing shes embracing a well-rounded education, one that teaches her the importance of studying and working hard on and off the court.Rudri Bhatt Patels?work has appeared in the Washington Post, Brain, Child Magazine, Role Reboot and elsewhere.?Follow her on?Twitter? and?Facebook?or her website,?Being?Rudri. Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen