Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Four-guard starting lineups arent normal for Arizona State head coach Bobby Hurley. He never used such a unit wh

in
Über uns
19.09.2018 14:10
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Four-guard starting lineups arent normal for Arizona State head coach Bobby Hurley. He never used such a unit while head coach at Buffalo for two seasons.But Sunday nights smaller lineup got the job done for the Sun Devils and their second-year head coach.Tra Holder scored 24 points, his second straight 20-point game, and Shannon Evans II added 20 points, 12 of those on 12 free throw attempts. The Sun Devils rode a hot second half to a 96-74 win over Cal Poly.Another guard, Torian Graham, scored 12 of his 18 points in the second half, and forward Obinna Oleka added 17 points to go with 13 rebounds. The Sun Devils (2-0) outscored the Mustangs 57-36 in the second 20 minutes after a tight first half.ASU made 18 of 30 (60 percent) second-half shots after struggling in the first half.As these guys (big men) develop, we can get more conventional, and we will play a more conventional lineup, Hurley said. But its nice when you have guys on the perimeter that are as good as they are because Ive got to get those guys on the floor.Kyle Toth made 5 of 8 from 3-point range and led Cal Poly with 21 points. Josh Martin added 17 points.The Mustangs (0-2) led by as many as five points early in the second half, 48-43 on a Jaylen Shead driving layup against three defenders with 16:26 to play. The Sun Devils then went on a 10-3 run to take the lead.I think we wore down a little bit mentally and emotional as it continued, Mustangs coach Joe Callero said. They were able to really drive, and to get to the free throw line 42 times, thats a credit to their aggressiveness.ASU led by as many as 24. Evans sank two free throws to make the score 74-62 with 6:41 to play, and the Sun Devils scored 12 unanswered points over four minutes toward the end of the game.We were trying to stay aggressive. I felt like I couldnt get my shot going for us, Evans said. I knew that getting to the line would get me going. At halftime we talked about picking the ball up, pressuring it and playing defense with energy.Cal Poly trailed by as many as 10 points in the first half before rallying to tie the score at 36 on Martins reverse layup with 3:02 left in the half. The Mustangs took a 38-36 lead on their next possession, as Martin threw down a dunk off Ridge Shipleys assist.ASU went the last 5:21 of the first half without a field goal and led 39-38 at halftime only because Holder made one of two free throws with 44 seconds to go before Cal Poly let the shot clock expire at the other end.Cal Poly shot 50 percent from the field in the first half, including 7 of 17 from 3-point range. ASU made five fewer shots, going 10 for 25 in the first 20 minutes to help keep the Mustangs in the game.STAT OF THE NIGHT: ASU got to the foul line 20 more times than Cal Poly. The Mustangs were 12 of 22 while the Sun Devils made 33 of 42, 27 of those makes from Evans, Holder and Oleka.HIGHLIGHT REEL: Back-to-back dunks on consecutive Sun Devil possessions by Graham ignited the crowd and the ASU comeback from a five-point deficit early in the second half.TURNING POINT: After Grahams jams, Holder dished to Kodi Justice for a 3 with 14:51 to play, giving ASU a 53-51 lead. The Sun Devils never trailed after that.BIG PICTURECal Poly: After losses to a pair of Division I programs, including Pepperdine on Friday, the Mustangs get a shot at their first win of the season with their next two games at home against lower-division teams. Cal Poly faces California State-Dominguez Hills and Bethesda this week. Since joining Division I for the 1994-95 season, the Mustangs are 34-1 against non-Division I programs.Arizona State: The Sun Devils got wins in their first two games, now they will be tested. ASU will travel 12,900 miles for games and sleep in a hotel 11 of 25 nights between Nov. 16 and Dec. 10.UP NEXTCal Poly seeks its first win Thursday in its home opener against CSU-Dominguez Hills.Arizona State hits the road for its first trip of the season and takes on Northern Iowa on Thursday in Orlando. Cheap Jerseys From China . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. China NFL Jerseys . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. http://www.chinajerseysnflstore.com/ . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. Cheap NBA Jerseys China .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Wholesale Jerseys China . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. TALLADEGA, Ala. -- Youre going to hear a lot about risk versus reward this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, especially when it comes to the 10 drivers battling for six remaining NASCAR Chase playoff transfers.Rightly so.Risk versus reward comes into play anytime late in a championship campaign when theres a seasons worth of effort on the line. But balancing aggression and temperance also always has been an integral part of racing at NASCARs most daunting superspeedway, especially in the restrictor-plate era.No other track fosters more of a win or bust attitude among competitors in the Sprint Cup Series. And this year, Talladega has been positioned as a cutoff race between rounds of the Chase, meaning that for a handful of racers, perhaps only a win will suffice.Sure, anything can happen at Talladega, and a driver could still qualify to move on in the Chase by being in the top eight of the point standings on Sunday night.Chase Elliott faces the longest odds in that regard. The Hendrick Motorsports rookie is 25 points behind the eighth-place cutoff, meaning that risking it all in an effort to win the Hellmanns 500 is his only realistic strategy for advancing.It puts us in a pretty simplistic situation this weekend, of having to have a really good run, if not have to win, Elliott said. But were looking forward to the challenge.By contrast, the Joe Gibbs Racing trio of Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards seemingly looks comfortable, running 1-2-3 among winless drivers in this round of the Chase. With a cushion of 24 to 29 points between themselves and Joey Logano and Austin Dillon -- the drivers currently on the cutoff -- the Gibbs guys could theoretically run around at the back and try to dodge the accidents en route to the conservative top-20 finishes they need to move on.But history shows that playing it safe is nearly as dangerous as risking it all at Talladega. Cruise and collect often translates into cruise and get collected.I have wrecked here racing up front, wrecked in the back and wrecked while I was running in the middle, recalled Edwards.I know you cant make a plan that is foolproof here, he added. We just want to stay up front all day.Two drivers who have little to worry about Sunday are Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick, who already have their spots reserved in the next round by virtue of their wins at Charlotte and Kansas, respectively.Kyle Busch knows how quickly things can turn at Talladega. In 2014, he arrived as the points leader, but a wreck and subsequent 40th-place finish were the biggest factors in his failure to advance into the next round. Last year, Busch was below the cutoff line heading into Talladega, but an 11th-place finish was enough to bump him into the top eight.Even though the defending Cup series champion can advance in this years Chase with a 26th-place finish on Sunday, he knows he cant take even that for granted.You never can have any comfort and you do what you need to do in order to transfer through, Busch said. Its aall about the racing gods when it comes to the story of Talladega, and Ive been on both sides of it in the first two years of this [playoff] format.ddddddddddddIt doesnt always help to push too hard and try to advance yourself, and sometimes you just have to relax and take what the race gives you, he added. The key is to somehow stay out of trouble.Some drivers will argue that theres no point in trying to be defensive, that flat-out aggression is the only way to go -- no matter where they stand in the points race.Logano, who is on the bubble holding a tiebreaker over Dillon, vows to race for the win rather than points.I dont really think about how people are trying to knock me out; I think about how Im gonna knock other people out, said the driver of Team Penskes No. 22 Ford.?Thats my attitude. If Im on defense, were not gonna win. So we better stay on offense.?Everyones situation is different, but the last time I checked, this thing is called a race and I believe racers race, he continued.? Ive seen people ride around the back and crash. Ive seen guys running up front and crash. It happens, so being aware of your surroundings becomes very important throughout the race.Dillon hasnt been a threat to win a restrictor-plate race, but he has consistently avoided trouble and racked up top-10 finishes. In his first Chase, Dillon doesnt plan on doing anything different than usual on Sunday.Do we want to be aggressive, like we usually are, which works out for us, or do we want to wait and ride and try to make it to the end and try to make it through there? Dillon pondered. It just depends on your points position there.If youre out of the top-eight-points position and you need a win, youre going to go for broke, he noted. If youre sitting comfortably where you need to be and you can guard a top-5 finish, you just need to take that top-5 finish and go on, I think.It stands to reason that the drivers above the cutoff in the points -- Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Edwards, Kurt Busch and Martin Truex Jr. -- can afford to be more conservative than they guys on the bubble (Logano and Dillon) and especially those below the cutoff (Denny Hamlin, Brad Keselowski and Elliott).Kurt Busch is yet another driver who has experienced both sides of the risk versus reward equation. He knows that playing it safe isnt always the safest option, but he admitted kicking himself for years after aggressively going after a Chase win only to be spun out in the late stages.Winning versus finding a consistent finish is such a razor-blade edge versus wrecking, said the 2004 Cup series champion. Its a matter of just trying to understand your surroundings early in the race. If people are getting crazy, youve got to get out of there, or youve got to get up front and be in that top three.Honestly, though, Lady Luck is really the dictator of how well you are going to do at Talladega. Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Gear Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen